Reviews for Masquerade
rosie4299 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I have to say, I am so glad that I finally found a free moment to read this!

It's been way, way, way too long since I read a Trory, (I know, I've been horrible reader/reviewer for awhile. I promise, I'm trying.) and I'm so glad that this was the story I chose to dip my toes back into these familiar fic waters.

I have always loved the way that you write Tristan, keeping him so true to the character I loved on the show, and yet finding ways to fill in all the gaps that the show left open. He's always fun, and witty and smart, but you make him human in a way that not many can. I always find myself wanting you to make more Tristans, because you tweak him in new and interesting ways for each story that keep him fresh and new, and I always want to discover more.

Even Rory, a character that we all know pretty much inside and out, gets better when you write her. I love how she's still Rory, but in your fics, she so much more. I can so see this happening, if the show were in existance. I almost wish that it was, and that you were writing this for real, because then I'd get to watch this, and I'd be a squealing, fangirl mess. (and I'd probably make you take me on set with you and embarrass the crap out of you, but I digress.)

I would say more, but I just remembered that there is a sequel to this story, so I have to cut this short. I love this fic, I love Trory, I love you, so basically, it's just a giant love fest going on! Great job on a fantastic fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
What a marvelous story!
Lucyferina chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
LOved this one shot... obviously I'll be awaiting for more of your amazing trory-fics :)
Nutmeg1985 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Love it, my favourite of your one shots of Rory and Tristan.

Would love to find out what happens next :)
landofthegolden chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Oh dear God. That has got to be one of the most adorable, romantic one-shots I have read with Tristan and Rory. I am in love-scratch that, obsessed- with your writing and have been for years now. Since I follow your blog, I understand that you're in over your head with all your stresses and worries. But I truly, truly, truly hope you decide to continue to this story, at the very least with a sequel to this one-shot. Pretty please!
SunnyCitrus10 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I loved their conversation. I always thought Tristan was Rory's soulmate and was bummed when he went to NC. I hope they can reconnect.
DestinyManifested chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This was really good, does it have to be a one-parter? There's more story here!
oktober061076 chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Why is it only a one-shot? Please continue!
panther73110 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Please don't tell me this is a One Shot?
everybodylovesrory chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Amazing! not many great Trory's noawadays, but I really wish this wasn't a one shot...maybe u could do a few shots after..please,pretty please :) anyways this made me go back and look at your other Trory's which are great, thankyou for your wonderful writing
zemarha chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Lovely, as always. I like the way you painted Rory's response to Tristan's identity being revealed- she didn't freak out, she didn't immediately have mixed feelings; instead she played it cool and just rode out her previous emotions (despite her "spark" bursting into an "inferno"- love that imagery, by the way!). Speaks to her having grown up and matured a bit, I think.

I really enjoyed this light little piece, especially once the two of them got to dancing. I will say, I was anxious to get to the good stuff, so much so that the first few intro paragraphs seemed a bit dry in comparison to the rest. But they did set the story up nicely. I'm looking forward to many more such one-shots! ...Maybe even a literati in our futures somewhere perhaps? Heh, I would really love that. :)
Musical Redhead chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I just added you to author alerts, since I'm definitely not receiving them; and it says you're already on my list. So, whatever.

I watched The Phantom of the Opera a couple days ago, but had to turn it on again, because your title got the Masquerade song/dance in my head. Okay, on to the actual review.

"where their friends with eligible sons or nephews or neighbors just happened to also be in town were also in attendance." -Oh, all the eligible bachelors, ready for the taking.

"Was it harder than you thought?" he inquired. Ha! Dirty. Sorry, I'm 12.

I like the shoe on the staircase line.

This was fun, and like Tristan and Rory, I didn't want their dance to end. They sound wise about not letting a good one get away.
lauramelinda chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Loved it! Tristan and Rory had a great push and pull going on.
broadway89 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
absolutely amazing!

I really really hope you have a follow up chapter, i loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Well Done! - Excellent give and take. But you did leave us hanging (in a good way).

We nned, at least, a second chapter to see how Rory goes about calling Tristan and his reactions - Oh!...The Angst...The waffling back and forth...Good Stuff