Reviews for A Story of Warnings and the Ignoring Thereof
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
Well, I'm glad that Horace thinks Ravenclaws are decent people. What a pity Luna Lovegood doesn't think so, but then, I suspect that Slughorn is rather blind to bullying, and is used to going along to get along.

However, I love seeing him in the throes of very gentlemanly love, and wish him all the best.
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Wonderful story!
duj chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
This is glorious.
hpfanficfanpollmod chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Dear therealsnape,

I am writing to inform you that you've been nominated for the following category for the Fall-Winter 2013 Round of The HP Fanfic Fan Poll Awards (hpfanficfanpoll . livejournal . com):

SHIP: RARE PAIRS
CATEGORY: BEST LEGACY STORY for "A Story of Warnings and the Ignoring Thereof"

You need not take any other action at this time, unless you would like to reject the nomination. In that case, please contact us and we'll remove the nomination and contact the person who nominated you to let them know your decision.

We have an "I've been nominated" banner on our website for you to post on your blogs/Tumblr/Twitter/Facebook pages right now, if you wish. The banner can be found here: hpfanficfanpoll . livejournal 20115 . html.

The nominations period ends on October 28, 2013.

The voting period will commence on November 1, 2013 and close on December 31, 2013 (that gives two full months to read and consider the nominated fics).

Our awards ceremony is open to the public to vote, and we encourage you to ask your friends/family to participate. We will tally up all votes and announce winners on or before January 10, 2014. Please check back then to see if your stories placed, or add us as a FRIEND on Livejournal so you can get emails when that list is broadcast on our blog. Banners for your nominations/placements will be available at that time, too.

Congratulations on your nomination!

Sincerely,

Melissa, The HP Fanfic Fan Poll Awards Moderator
llimbus chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Ooh, this brought tears to my eyes! How fantastically sweet, real and honest. I almost cannot believe you made Horace endearing, and kept him in character at the same time. Quite unbelievable. And Irma, ah, what a life and personality you gave her.
Your writing was fantastic, and the end - aah! That was so amazing, just a perfect end without being sugary.
This made me chuckle: [Who's the current funeral speaker, then? Ministry chap? That gives us time enough] and other parts of the story too, the humorous tone seemed to come naturally.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I never would have thought I'd like Slughorn so much as I do in your tale, where he seems honest about himself. Thank you for a charming and well-written, well-planned story.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Awwww. Lovely.
monkeemary chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
See? Getting out of my SS/HG box now and then could really do me some good. I loved this! The Slughorn of book six tended towards bumbling - almost Lockhart-esque. In book seven, you could see glimmers of something more interesting. He fought deatheaters in his pj's, after all. I really love your interpretation of him, and Irma, too. And you absolutely nailed his voice! And I'm middle-aged myself, so I found the love story endearing :)

I know Kelly from my STVoy fan days - tell her monkee said hi!
JustFishy chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
You know, I've read over and over, from some of my favorite fanfiction authors, much praise for your works.

I'm not a same-sex-pair reader, and thought many of your stories were focused on similar pairings, so I just never bothered to read anything.

But tonight - sitting here during a tropical storm, worried about a visit from my soon to be X-husband tomorrow - I decided, what the hell - I'll give one of her stories a go - and yes, I'm assuming you're female - if you're not, sorries.

And to my utter delight - I find that all those people were right. You know how to weave these word things - your yarn about two people who are seldom written about - and one (Slughorn) who is often misunderstood, despised, or otherwise, just ignored, and poor Irma, who isn't considered much at all - is just brilliant!

Witty, introspective, original, cunning and curve-ballish - I applaud you. I may even dip into some of your other stuff as well - though you must understand up front, before I review anything else of yours - I'm an arrogant, idealistic, self important, lawful good Gryffindor who cements Minerva McGonagall and Albus Dumbledore together - just a warning so when I royally piss you off, you at least, are not surprised.

*grins* Bravo! Well done! *nods*
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This is a pairing I had never actually hard of. I enjoyed the story immensely, though!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
You write a perfect Horace, you really understand the old boy. Never underestimate him. His analysis of the students and of the staff is right on - of course.

His relationship and conversation with Dumbledore are exactly as I would imagine them.

You give me an appreciation for Horace, old fashioned dandy, amateur poet, he can be quite charming. And a very intelligent man, a great wizard, Dumbledore says so himself.

Pairing him with Irma is an original idea. These two seem almost like opposites at first glance, but they could find some substantial common ground.

I like that the humour here is subtle and subdued. It is, after all, a funeral, but that doesn't mean two old friends can't exchange a wink and chuckle of complicity.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Oh, now you've done it - you've made me shed tears on a Sunday morning. I know you hold a special fondness for Horace and here you've given him his full due - this one's gone straight to favorites. I think the old boy is fairly beaming !