Reviews for The Gambler
BigMommaT chapter 9 . 7/12/2014
NICE! I very much enjoyed this story. Plus, I've always loved that song. You definitely kept me wondering whether or not Kitty would sell and/or be there if and when Matt returned. I thought the ending was a nice touch and a great way to bring the story full circle.

Thanks for a nice read.

TBone
LadyofDodge chapter 9 . 7/9/2012
FINALLY got a chance to read this story. I love the song, and I like the way you wove the gambler's thoughts into the story. Very nice!

Suzanne
mahc chapter 9 . 7/1/2012
Very nice ending! And thanks for that little bit of additional Matt ouchi-ness!
cheyenne1963 chapter 9 . 6/29/2012
This story was truly remarkable. I cant wait for you to come up with another one. Thanks for all your hard work.
tjp chapter 9 . 6/24/2012
Another great story. It is always nice to see Kitty and Matt overcome their problems and come back together. Also glad that Matt listened to what the gambler had to say and realize that Kitty is more important than the badge.

Janie
lostcowgirl chapter 9 . 6/24/2012
I was right about Kitty nursing Matt back to health. What I didn't entirely expect was the sneaky way Doc got her to do it so that they'd have a chance to reconcile and Matt could make his promise of "someday." The epilog wrapped things up nicely.

Elaine
SingerMe chapter 9 . 6/24/2012
That was an absolutely beautiful ending. Thank you!
lostcowgirl chapter 8 . 6/23/2012
Ah, things are coming to a head. All will be resolved in the final chapter. I see Kitty nursing Matt back to health after Doc removes the bullet.
tengland2 chapter 8 . 6/23/2012
Figured Matt would get shot anyway. Somehow he just can't get out of the way fast enought. Just hoping that one of those telegraphs is to someone in Dodge letting them know he was returning home. Can only hope that something comes up and Kitty has to stay just a bit longer.
tengland2 chapter 7 . 6/23/2012
Glad that the people didn't arrive on time. Gives Kitty a couple days to make the right decision (I hope) and time for Matt to get back to her.

Things between Matt and Sanchez get interesting. Three bullets, must figure one way or another. Just hope sanchez's men stay out of this.
lostcowgirl chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
I see you gave Kitty a bit more time to change her mind, but the moment of truth has come for Matt. I fully expect Matt to kill Sanchez at the start of chapter 8. How many of his men will have to be killed and how many will run or surrender remains to be seen as does whether or not Matt will be wounded and if so, how badly.
lostcowgirl chapter 6 . 6/21/2012
I see Kitty's beginning to have serious second thoughts and Doc's helping her along with them. As to Matt, the survival skills are beginning to resurface despite his uncertainty in regard to Kitty, his main reason for living.
tengland2 chapter 6 . 6/21/2012
Interesting conversations all around. Looking forward to see what you have in mind for both Matt and Kitty.
lostcowgirl chapter 5 . 6/20/2012
At least they finally gave Matt some food and water. I don't know how he'll manage it, but he'll succeed before the other marshal and his deputy arrive. As for Kitty, it's more what it turns out tips her back to staying in Dodge where she belongs until Matt returns.
SingerMe chapter 5 . 6/20/2012
This just keeps getting better. Hopefully Kitty will come to her senses and NOT sell the Long Branch.