Reviews for Father's Day
2x2 Hands of Blue chapter 2 . 8/10/2013
I knew there was a reason Mal was my favorite. Thanks for writing this for me.
2x2 Hands of Blue chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
It' so sad! What a horrible dad.
EmilyAnnMcGarrett-Winchester chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
Poor River, but Mal is still a better father than Gabriel. Good story
reaverattack chapter 2 . 3/27/2013
Ohhh! How sweet!
othiara chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Nice job! I love the connections between the two scenes and how Mal is the father figure.
gaben chapter 2 . 3/15/2013
Cute. Nice little narrative as to how far these characters came and their relationships.
Lampyridae chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
Nice story, interesting idea of sharing the holidays between crew members.
Dherea chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
What a difference in the two dad's. When both are faced with emergencies, only one took the time to acknowledge her contributions. Too and it was her adopted dad...
hideher chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
Way too cute. I adore fic's that have Mal in the 'father' figure.
RionaEire chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
I'm glad Mal came back for River's present. I liked the paralel situations in both instances. A cute story, I always enjoy your stories, simple and basic but cute cute cute.

ebfiddler chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
Feels a little bit AU, but I'll go for it. :-) Nice job of conveying the messier, but far cozier family dynamics aboard Serenity, a nice compare/contrast with Chapter 1. Mal's reaction when called away urgently felt in character, and it makes all the difference for River. I'd like to see him open the present. (Just a note: a couple of places I noticed "to" for "too" - might want to fix that to make it more readable.) I enjoyed this pair of Father's Day chapters.
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
How heartbreaking! Gabriel Tam doesn't even take the time to look at his daughter's hand-made treasure. This take on the Tam family dynamics is interesting, and helps explain why it was Simon and not his father who took action and took responsibility when River needed help. You do a good job of conveying the characters' attitudes and feelings. Very sad for River.
TheAmazingDave chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
I've always like the idea of Mal becoming a father figure to River, seems right somehow.