Reviews for For Granted
Deceiver of Night chapter 2 . 1/17
Ehem... I still can't exactly get myself off the impression this story make on me. That, what I've read made my brain go numb and the last time it happened to me was when I read "Dune" of Frank Herbert. No matter if you are in Sci-Fi or not, the one thing about "Dune" is certain - this book is pulling you inside the world that author had created, with every fiber, wrapping around your mind to the point that your breath becomes shallow and you're eyes can't see the inside of your room but all the places that are described in there. Your story gave me the same thrill. And this is bad, because now when I'm looking at my on writing I'm feeling like all I'm doing is just capturing the shells of the characters (no really what a frustrating feeling... finding out how much I messed the things up when I already am o 128 page...). While all you've done was just simply take the characters and put them into the situation you created with so much care of details that... oh God, I'm rambling, but honestly... I was able to watch anime, read manga series ("Super Explosive Demon Story" thing) and recently I got a chance to read the eight first novels (it's not easy when the novels aren not only translated into your native language but also are unavailable in your country in their English version) and I've never thought it would be possible to write the characters IN CHARACTER to each of the three mediums. You proved my theory wrong, I really greatly respect you for that.
pale-jonquil chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
Ahhh, this was such a wonderful read. Sweet, cute, just a tad sexy. I especially loved the way you described the first few moments of Zel feeling "trapped" within his new body, and him trying to imagine the rose petals when he touches her cheek. I was smiling like an idiot throughout this whole thing! And of course them getting found by the rest of the gang in the end was priceless and so in-character. Thank you for writing this!
TechnoRanma chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! *o*! Thank you so so much for this story. The quality of your writing was excellent, and the characterizations utterly perfect. The blend of humor and emotion was so completely true to Slayers, I enjoyed this so much!
Ms.Lulu chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
Omg I loved it! You should write more :D I felt bad for zel for not being able to feel simple things it made me wanna kiss him! Keep writing about this pairing!
arianasan chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
Que linda historia, me encanto leerla.
Utuu chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
This was a fascinating story, and I was really happy to see someone tackle the implications of Zel's rock skin; too often it gets treated as a vanity issue rather than a serious handicap, and you did a very good job of exploring it. As a bonus, it was also exceptionally well-written, and I enjoyed it a great deal.
Zaphi Nashii chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
AWWWWW! Sooooo sweet! Awesome!
Zaphi Nashii chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
oooo! It's getting exciting! 0
fengrima chapter 2 . 6/27/2012
I must say, I really enjoyed your fic. At the beginning I suspected that it will be similar to the one I know and like - "Heart of Stone", but I was nicely surprised that it didn't turn into a simple lemon like HoS. There's more deep to your fic and I much appreciate your style of writing, mood of the story and interesting plot and descriptions. Touching ending - I loved it. Thank you for the work you put in it and for sharing.
Ichiban Victory chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
I actually was nervous reading this part because of the whole "winter survival" and how often people use it to take things to the next level, so I was glad that it was shockingly more focused on dealing with the reality of Amelia nearly freezing. I even found her jamming her freezing fingers between them humorous, since frostbite is a very real and scary thing..and also knowing what it's like to suddenly have COLD touch warm spots. The things Zelgadis puts up with... ;) Thanks for taking the time to research before writing, and also for being brave enough to write this.
Ichiban Victory chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I'm really impressed by this! The summary sounded a bit iffy, but I took a chance anyway, and I'm glad I did! I love when writers do research, as it really adds to the story. I went to uni in a stupidly cold state, so the first part of the chapter was all too easy to imagine. You definitely captured winter well. This was also easy to read, considering the length - even the part when Zelgadis falls through the snow, and the fun discoveries to be had there. I really liked the buildup to the end of the chapter. I look forward to this Friday!