Reviews for For Daddy
LuvinAniManga chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Cute!
Roschelle Templar chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This...is...so cute! :)

First off, I love how you chracterized Squall as a child. Even if he was raised by such an outgoing person, Laguna, I totally agree that he would still be a very focused, quiet, reserved child. In that sense, it fits perfectly that Squall would express his love for his father by making him a present and by giving him silent hugs because that is how we get to see fully-grown Squall express his more tender side: in his actions and in the decisions he makes.
Which is also why I could totally see Squall getting so upset over the boat breaking. It needed to be perfect in order to truly convey his feelings.

Laguna felt pitch-perfect to me too. Hardly anything seems to get him down, but one thing that I could picture upsetting him is seeing his son cry. The affection he showers on Ellone in the game would truly manifest itself just as much, if not more with Squall. Loved how you had Laguna reassure Squall that he would still love his gift and the way he had to find a way to get a hug from Squall. ;)

As for being able to get a hug from Squall after the game: well I think it would take a supreme effort on Laguna's part, but if anyone could pull it off, it would be him. :)

Anyway, I love that you took an AU situation and made it feel like it could have been canon. Great job! :)
NordicBeauty chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Awwwww!
lychee-ran chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Ohhh, little Squall is sooooooo cute! XD
Turk 4 Life chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
LOL at your ending note- Squall would have been all 'whatever...' on Laguna before he ever even thought about giving the man a hug :O hehe this was a cute one-shot :D
Rapis-Razuri chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
...This is it. This is how I die. Death by little!Squall and daddy!Laguna cuteness.
Not a bad way to go, actually. Better than Death by AP Physics, at least.
Walker of Nothing chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Awesome XD XD XD XD XD I love it keep up the good work
Kai-Chan94 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was so adorable! Sorry for not reviewing. I quite honestly forgot. I don't really like this new setup. I have a soft spot for Squall that's pretty big and even his Leon counterpart in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Love the story and keep up the good work!
ireneotaku chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
That's such a cute way to see Squall and his dad. They usually have an evil dynamic and this shows what little Tsundere Squall was like. :'D
pinkperson chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
This was so sweet and touching. Especially Laguna's response to the boat breaking. I like that you didn't force any comedy into it, too. Thanks for accepting my request. I really enjoyed it. :)
miano53 chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
True about Squall not doing this after pre-Final Fantasy VIII.
best with breadsticks chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I have to admit, you had at the words "Papa Laguna" in the summary. I'm a total and complete sucker for father/son fics - especially Squall and Laguna.

The story was absolutely adorable. The portrayal of Squall as a toddler was very believable and true to the character. I feel that Laguna actually had gotten the chance to raise him, he would be more open, but at the same time, his usual quiet self.

As for Laguna, I just love him. Your characterization of him is spot on.

Anyway, thank you for making me smile with fatherly fluff!

Oh, and I agree, there is absolutely no way Laguna is getting a hug after VIII. hahaha.
NoraSpider-Girl chapter 1 . 6/17/2012