Reviews for Mass Effect Pathways
Commerce chapter 50 . 11/29/2021
THANK YOU!

You have cured my depression from Mass effects 3’s ending

Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 50 . 5/1/2021
Ok, Ive calmed down now after my last few comments. I do apologize for how I said them, but I still stick by what I mean behind them. The Story was bloody awesome, well written, most of the characters are likeable from start to finish(even though you didnt give Ria an Asari or Krogan companion), and holy shit Ria doesnt have a love interest through it all it. A main character not having a romance for a change, bloody awesome. Although I do hope in later stories she and Tarran become an item.

Ghost, however, I dont like at all, not one bit(and Cerberus always somehow being ahead of the Shepards was just no). And its not just because hes the villain, but because he was probably the only poorly written character. And I dont mean poorly written as in his dialogue, that was done extremely well. Im talking about his actions. He was WAY to overpowered from start to finish, he makes Levi Ackerman, from Attack on Titan, look like childs play. and to top it all off, Ria wasnt the one to either kill Ghost or convince him to kill himself. It was her father that got to do it.

Overall, while I was annoyed from time to time, the story was still a blast to read from start to finish.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 47 . 5/1/2021
Sorry to say, Ghost ruined the story for me. I have never seen such overpowered crap like I did with him. The only saving grace would have been Ria killing him, but no John Shepard is the one to kill him.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 46 . 5/1/2021
Wow, I never believed that a random character would piss me off more and more than this jackass. -100/10 get rid of his fucking overpowered bullshit.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 44 . 5/1/2021
*Sigh* So this is the part where you insult our intelligence to somehow try and explain how that assassin survived a fucking explosion at point blank range. Bull fucking shit.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 37 . 5/1/2021
Ooohh, Ilos or Omega 4 Relay. Then again, Ria and her team wouldnt be able to go through the Relay seeing that they dont have a Reaper IFF
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 35 . 5/1/2021
You story is in a way following the path of ME 1, just not in the exact same way.
1: Hostile Enemy force attacks the planet Shepard(Ria) is on for some unknown reason(Cerberus)
2: Only one survivor of the marine detachment on the planet survives(Laura)
3: Shepard(Ria) takes info to Council only for said Council to lack brains.
4: Shepard(Ria) then starts to build a crew of badasses to stop the hostile enemy.(Tarran, Jalin, Core, Kel, and Daron)
5: One of Shepard(Ria)s crew dies to save everyone else. While also taking out the enemies top Lt.(Jalin, Cerberus assassin)
So yea its following the same formula just without an Asari or Krogan. And instead of Geth, its Cerberus.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 33 . 5/1/2021
Wow, shocking. the obviously overpowered enemy that somehow ALWAYS bests the protagonist. Shocker. No really.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 32 . 5/1/2021
Big surprise. No seriously, its very shocking that Cerberus knew they were coming.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 31 . 5/1/2021
Reason why Jalin is because the plot obviously demands that Cerberus will always be one step ahead of everyone because Hollywood logic. So it then pisses the audience off more and more so we want the absolute destruction of Cerberus and everyone in or allied with it. Not to mention, your team is lacking a Krogan. You might say that Daron is the tank but once his biotic energy is up, hes about as weak as a newborn infant.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 15 . 5/1/2021
Wow, typical cliche villains.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 5 . 5/1/2021
Hmm, seems to be following the same path that Shepard did. All we need now is the badass "I dont give a fuck" Krogan to join up, and Ria would have assembled the crew her dad did 2 decades ago.
Logic11B chapter 16 . 6/14/2019
Damn... You really turned Shepard into a little bitch. His pity party was some next level horrible writing. Tali is sitting in the med-bay(cut in half), and your version of Shepard finds a way to whine and make all recent events about him.

"Tali, I wasn't fast enough..." "Tali, I wasn't good enough..." "Tali, you were only chopped in half, however I have insecurities..."

I'd forgive Tali for finding comfort in a bottle and becoming the type of drunk that extinguishes cigarettes on his Shepard's arms while taunting him to 'man-up', or constantly screams at him for ruining her life and him being the reason she wants to kill herself.
Full-Paragon chapter 3 . 5/8/2015
Personally I don't think you needed to make the change. The cannon endings were disappointments to many of us. My own main story, And the Meek Shall Inherit the Galaxy, is the longest ending rewrite I could imagine because I REALLY hated the cannon endings. Even after the extended cut, I'm at best indifferent to them. Anyway, on to your content.

At first, I thought you were going "the Council are idiots" route. Which, will a time honored mass effect tradition, can get a bit stale. BUT THEN THEY DID SOMETHING RIGHT. They are looking into the matter, and of course, they gonna send Shep. Five credits says his daughter ends up solving the problem though. And oh look, she gonna be the target of an assassination attempt. That totally won't piss off her dad or anything.

So far the story is interesting, but it seems to be a play out of the original mass effect plot with some new characters. The same idea of a shadowy, galaxy ending threat with a lone team of heroes out to stop it. It even starts with an attack on a distant colony due to a coincidence at a prothean digsite. That might not be a bad thing, but you are really going to have to work to make this as good or better than the original and find a way to really distinguish it.
Full-Paragon chapter 2 . 5/2/2015
I'm a little surprised that the celebrity worship from the colonists and researchers didn't create any issues. After all, Ria is the adopted daughter of the single most famous man in the galaxy, and unless she took pains to conceal her identity even bumpkins on Horizon would probably recognize her (or at least her name). The same goes for Laura. How the heck did she not go in as an officer? Coming in as enlisted seems really strange. Her father is super famous, and was an officer himself. That makes it especially likely she'd be tapped for officer training.

Having the children of the Normandy's crew get together to kick ass is an interesting idea. Having them fight Cerberus...well depending on how you handle it it could be very good or very bad. I'm not sure how I feel about that one. I'm certain xenophobia and human supremacist movements didn't die away, so I guess it's plausible.

The story itself is very well put together and flows nicely. The action is tight and the dialogue fits well.