Reviews for Lessons
miu.nekosan chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Ugh this killed me
Super sad, but well written
hedwig123 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This almost made me cry. Seriously. And that's saying something. Nicely done.
brendantmurphy1 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
both Beifongs, tough as nails, afraid of nothing in the world. 'toph went down in a blaze, just like she always wanted' very nice touch. toph gets what she wants
Lala Sharada chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
It's very hard for me to imagine and accept Toph as a mother. The idea just seems so unfathomable to me. But with these couple stories you have about Lin and Tophs relationship, I think the idea doesn't seem so impossible now.

You portray both Lin and Toph really well, and your writing skills are great too!
HumbleOpinion1 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Good story.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This was stirringly told. Good capture of Toph's character with her brusqueness and blunt affection. You really understand how to show how much she loves her daughter in very selective sentimentality, like with how she cherishes that coin heart. I like the teasing that occurs between mother and daughter with Lin reprimanding her mom's language and Toph relentless directness with how she rips Lin's door down. Lin's scars ARE cool, I really liked them in the series and I completely agree with your assessment of them. Scars are a testament to what you've endured and overcome. It's really hard to think of Toph dying, but I think you portrayed it very well and she really would want to go down in a fight. There was a lot of power in how she could hear her mother's voice when she was facing off with Amon, and the ending was incredible, strongly touching. The type of thing that burns your heart and makes you hold your head up.
acegreatprank chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Gah...feels... *sobs* To the most badass family in the world of Avatar!
Kat713 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Things I loved:
The fact that Toph wore that coin-heart necklace until the very end.
The way that it seems like Toph has a habit of breaking doors and fixing them later.
That Toph calls Lin a weenie for crying while her mother lay dying.

I was watery eyed by the end. This was lovely.
apedarling chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
sooooooooo sad! Poor Lin! Ahhh, loved it!
The Mouse Maestro chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This...this was so heartwarming and sad at the same time!
Chief Beifong was already one of my favorite characters, and this one-shot has made me admire this character even more :D
Awesome one-shot :)
saxcomic chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Wow :O
saxcomic chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Wow :O
Song That Sings Its Own chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
That was so sweet.. I laughed and cried :D Barely any authors can do that!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Oh my god... I'm sobbing! Very well written! Keep up the good work!
Fanamaniac chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This is just, beautiful. You definitely nailed their personalities and the family moment was just perfect. Well done!