Reviews for Numbers
kitsune of darkfire chapter 8 . 6/24/2012
please dont tell me they are going to ask for the jump drive hyperdrive is so much faster than a jump drive it isnt even funny. jump drive tags out at about 25 ly granted thats near instant but a hyperdrive can cover that in about 5 seconds and then keep the design specs for the galactica would be a good thing to ask for its a very sturdy ship design with a lot of space to add the standard sgc weapons to. i could also see a cross breed project of the colonial viper fighter and the f-302 the 302 is faster and carries more and stronger weapons but the viper is more agile a combo that would be killer in a dog fight

these are just a few suggestions love your story keep up the good work
EvilTheLast chapter 8 . 6/23/2012
Good update.
Nedy Rahn chapter 8 . 6/23/2012
Whew an interesting situation going on there. I guess the Tok'Ra are assigning a person to the Tau'ri ships these days too. I wonder who Satterfield will find to be the baby daddy of her Cylon-Human Hybrid when she's ready... (wink... nod... John Sheppard? Um... noooo... uh... Col Reynolds... naw... no way... I know Cameron Mitchell...)
L-dawg chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
I like this story so far. I like how you are ignoring the second half of the final season of BSG when the writers clearly stopped caring and made a show already rife with plotholes and confusing explanations even worse.

However, when I read the scene for Sheppard, I could only conclude that you never saw Stargate Atlantis. That was so out of character I'm refusing to recognise that as Sheppard. That behaviour was more like the officers Sheppard has despised the entire length of his career.

Your solution for why Atlantis didn't detect the Colonials (Rodney screwed up again), while sounding like Rodney, is inappropriate if you're going to have Sheppard tear into him like that. It also doesn't explain how the 304s didn't detect them either.

I'm not saying you should stop, but maybe you should come up with a better explanation and rewrite that scene to better fit Sheppard. Though I also agree making him a general sounds unrealistic after so short a time after SGA. A full bird colonel yes, general no.
Sable Cold chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
Sheppard as a General is... unrealistic. Especially ahead of Carter, Mitchell and about a half dozen other more established full bird colonels in the SG pantheon. Seeing the normally laid back officer go red in the face is a bit over-dramatic as well.
TimeDiver chapter 6 . 6/22/2012
...and yet, one more reason to despise certain aspects of Fanfiction . Net.

No means to edit your own posted reviews, AND an inability for said review system to recognize something as straight-forward as an equivalence sign, as used in programming or mathematics.

And so, triple-posting, just because of that. *facepalm*
TimeDiver chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
Sorry, that whole 'tylium liquid naquada' in my previous review SHOULD have read as 'tylium liquid naquada' (re: equal/equivalent to).
TimeDiver chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Y'know, I hate to be the one reviewer who inevitably brings up the techno-babble aspect when any form of SG/nBSG crossover(s)/fusion(s) are involved, but I've still gotta ask.

Are the Colonial/Cylon FTL/wormhole drives sucking up practically ALL that energy from what tylium stores that each side have stockpiled, with none of it earmarked for their fighter OR capital ship missiles/nukes, seeing as the biggest yields the nBSG writers have brought up is only fifty megatons? (The city-busters, with double-digit kilotons for capship killers.)

And the whole 'tylium liquid naquada' aspect for this story means you've tossed out Baltar's statement from nBSG's 1st season that 'refined tylium possesses a total enthalpy roughly 6 times greater than Uranium-235 and 81% that of deuterium fusion', which even a comparable amount of non-weapons grade (let alone liquid) naquada cheerfully exceeds by multiple orders of magnitude as per canon SG-1, just for clarification?

...yeah, looks like I'm gonna be THAT reviewer who brews a potential * * * * storm, but as much as I want to enjoy this story, semi-forced Daniel/Vala pairing aside (not that much of a shipper of any kind, natch) with mostly on-spot characterization (Sheppard as a cranky-as-hell Brigadier General here doesn't really work out in my mind, he should be full-bird Colonel at most), my suspension of disbelief took one hell of a hit over the whole 'tylium naquadah allotrope' plot element.

Well, if you've got a good enough in-universe explanation for it beyond 'I needed/wanted it to be that way for this story for it to work out, per author's prerogative' (and you're certainly entitled to that), I can continue enjoying this work of fiction, with minimal reservations.

If not? Well, I still wish you good fortune on your future endeavors nonetheless, and hope that your readers continue to enjoy this story as well.
Major Simi chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
well great and emotional chapter, well done
kitsune of darkfire chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
ahhh rodney fucked up THATS makes sense rodney is legendary for messing up the systems on atlantis,but what about the ships 9 ly is well within their range did he mess them up too? was he screwing around with the programing and turned them off or something? loved this chapter enjoy your work have a good one
EvilTheLast chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Great chapter. I wonder what the Colonists are going to think when they are told by the President that this Earth is not their 13th Tribe they have so long been looking for. In fact, their 'missing' Earth is probably a radioactive planet of dead Cylons. I wonder what the religious nuts will do when they are told that this Earth more or less consider the Roman/Greek Gods a dead religion. Can't wait for the reactions of the 4 of the 5 of the Final Five when their firewalls are taken down. One of them actually killed the wife of one of the Final Five after being discovered.
axel100 chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Loved D'Annas breakdown. The obvious implication is the Cylons were cretures of conscience before John corrupted them. The only possible issue, would be that even with the code wall in place, would they understand the enormity of their actions? John had to have done more than just make all they Cylons forget who they were to convince them to go along with the genocide.

As for Shephard, I'm kind of on the fence with his behavior here. I guess being promoted to a general in charge of a linchpin of Earth's defences really turned up the heat on him. He's never been so hard on Rodney before.
ljbrown1 chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Hey, that's a new take on a old theme.

I look forward to more.
Malix2 chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Nice new chapter, keep up the awesome work. :)
Nedy Rahn chapter 7 . 6/21/2012
Not a bad short chapter though and I think you've led things up to the actual talks pretty well.
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »