Reviews for The Start of Something New
Age: 14
Occupation: Trainer/Coordinator
DOB: June 21st
Medical Problems: None
Build: gracefully slim; she has a scar on her back from when she was bitten by a Seviper trying to protect her injured Raichu.
Hairstyle and color: Long royal purple hair, tied into a high ponytail (with flower hair clips similar to a Shaymin's flowers with one on each side of her head)
Eyes: Sky Blue
Skin: Fair skin
Clothes-

Normal Outfit: A lightweight cotton white dress, metallic gladiator sandals, green bangles, a red sarong-since the bottom of the dress is badly torn. She also wears a black coral necklace her Uncle Victor gave her for good luck.

region/Hometown: Orange Archipelago/Valencia Island

Family: Luanna (Aunt), Father, Mother, Trinity (Oldest Sister), Marina (Older sister), Travis (cousin), Victor (Uncle), Kaiser (grandfather), Aidan (Uncle)

Battle style: Miki begins each morning with a 45 to 90-minute yoga session with her Pokemon, which helps her get in shape prior to Pokemon battles. Since she grew up on the Orange Archipelago all her life, she uses the natural habitats such as the oceans, mountains, and the forests as training courses

POKEMON:

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu/male
Ability: Static
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Double Team, Surf, Electro Ball

Name: Miki Lee Sunshine
Age: 14
Occupation: Trainer/Coordinator
DOB: June 21st
Medical Problems: None
Eyes: Sky Blue
Skin: Fair skin
Clothes-

Costume: Hula Girl (Lei necklace, lei anklet, tropical fern leaf wristlet, coconut bikini top, green grass hula skirt, hibiscus hair clip)

region/Hometown: Orange Archipelago/Valencia Island

What people notice about you: her good-hearted personality, her kindness

POKEMON:

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu/male
Ability: Static
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Iron Tail, Dig, Thunderbolt, Agility, Surf
Item: Light Ball
Info: Even though he is sometimes aggressive, Raichu is Miki's most loyal Pokemon who is right by her side, no matter what!

Vaporeon/male
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Impish
Moves: Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Surf, Giga Impact, Hydro Pump, Aurora Beam
Info: Vaporeon gives Miki a ride over waters when necessary, very loyal to her. She won him when he was an Eevee as a prize at the Coin Exchange in Celadon City.

Dratini-Dragonair/male
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Wrap, Agility, Dragon Rage, Dragon Dance, Surf, Twister, Thunder, Flamethrower
Nature: Relaxed
Dratini was an offspring of the Dragonair befriended by Miki's grandfather, Kaiser, who was the Safari Zone warden. When Kaiser found out that Dragonair had an egg, he feared that a group of hunters would come after it, so he asked his granddaughter to take care of the egg. After it hatched out of its egg, Dratini quickly grew fond of the girl and started showing affections for her by wrapping itself around her body, whenever it came out of its Pokeball.

Likes: Her Pokemon, surfing, Misty, Lorelei, windsurfing, nature, swimming, beach volleyball, spending time outdoors, snorkeling, rock climbing, Brawly, making Poffins, morning yoga sessions, Pokemon, battles and contests, reading, singing, her childhood friend Tracey, her family.

Dislikes: People who are not nice to their Pokemon, manipulative people, people who abuse or abandon their Pokemon, People who destroy a Pokemon's natural habitat, Lapras hunting, people who bribe others to exterminate Pokemon, fried food, fast food

History: Miki Sunshine was born and raised on Valencia Island with her parents and two older sisters where she had lived all her life. She spent her childhood playing near the beach, watching her older sister Marina fish for Pokémon, climbing palm trees and swimming in the ocean with her family.
Miki met and befriended a young boy named Tracey Sketchit when she was in Nursery School and they spent their days getting to know each other. She had been traveling on her Pokemon journey since she had turned 10. Her first Pokemon was a male Pichu (which is now a Raichu), given by Professor Ivy. Pichu wasn't really fond of Miki at first. Pichu did not want to do anything but run away from her, despite Miki's pleading and begging to help her capture a wild Pokemon. However, after she risked her own life to protect him from a brutally raging typhoon, which destroyed her home when it hit Valencia Island, she had won his trust, and Pichu had been loyal to his trainer ever since.
As time rolled by like the waves of the ocean, Pichu had finally evolved into a Pikachu. When Pikachu sensed that Miki was in danger when she was being attacked by a ferocious swarm of Beedrill, he evolved into a Raichu to protect her.

Personality: Miki is a very compassionate, friendly, gentle, kind-hearted, down-to-earth and caring person who is capable of understanding other people's feelings. She always trusts her instincts, her heart, mind and her soul.

Accomplishments: Winner of the Orange Grand Festival Cup. She had received all of the Official Orange League Badges, but she was defeated in the Orange League Tournament. Miki also had received all of the badges of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. She also made it in the Top 8 of the Kanto League, and Top 4 of the Silver Conference of the Johto League.

Other information: She had been earning badges and competing in Pokemon Leagues, but when she was introduced to Pokemon contests, she thought that she would give it a try. Her Aunt Luanna owns a Hotel and an official Pokemon Orange League gym on Kumquat Island. She also has an Uncle Aidan who is a firefighter, has a team of Wartortles that puts out the fires.
kotas chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
finish this u bitch

lol ily :)
Flying Dragonite chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I'd like to submit an OC! But a quick question: Does it have to be a Rocket GRUNT? Like a weakling? Because I'd want my character to at least be powerful... especially with who her pokemon is... anyways I'll just give it to you already:

Trainer Name: Gaia
Description: exactly 5 feet; will not grow anymore. She is 13 years old, but is a smart and powerful trainer. She has very light blue-grey eyes that change from blue to grey depending on her mood (grey when she's feeling a negative emotion, and darker the worse the emotion is). She has platinum blond hair that looks almost silvery (think Malfoys from Harry Potter platinum)
Pokemon: Riolu named Aura
Pokemon description: Aura does not travel in a pokeball, rather runs alongside Gaia or sits on her shoulder at rare times. Aura is a shiny pokemon, with white where black would normally be, and his eyes are emerald green instead of red.
History: Gaia is from the Hoenn region. She recieved Aura as a rare egg from her father, since she did not have a pokemon of her own. When Aura hatched, everyone expected that Gaia and Aura would be really strong, but Aura was afraid of attention and other trainers besides Gaia, and ran from every trainer battle. So other trainers made fun of the two; even ambushed them and attacked them. One time they nearly killed Aura, and Gaia decided to move away, knowing that Aura would never get stronger surrounded by the abuse. She settled in Johto for a time, but the same thing happened. Gaia started feeling very bitter and angry with the world and went to Kanto where she joined up with Team Rocket after finally defeating one of their grunts with Aura's powers. Their first win really boosted Aura's confidence, and since then, both of them have been growing stronger and have not been defeated since.
Wow long history... poor Gaia and Aura... anyways I hope you continue this story it looks very interesting. :D
left account chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I really liked this story! Could I submit an OC? I'll PM it to you!
Brackenfrond chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This is an interesting start - I shall submit a Rocket OC, if that's alright with you.

Name: Ila Greenwood
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Appearance: Long, curly brown hair, normally pulled back in a pony-tail, with brilliant green eyes and pale skin with a splatter of freckles across her nose. Despite the fact team Rocket does have a uniform, she hardly wears it, preferring jeans and t-shirts instead.
Personality: Despite her being a member of team Rocket, she's a lot more quiet and considerate than other members, normally her head being up in the clouds. She treats her pokemon with utmost respect, knowing that they will work harder that way. Despite her quiet disposition, sometimes her temper gets the better of her, and she just explodes. This is a rare occurrence, though.
History: The main reason she joined Team Rocket was because of her older brother, who encouraged her that it was the best way to go. She doesn't have any idea what her brother is up to at the moment and couldn't really care less - he was the one who sucked her into team Rocket, and she'd rather not be there, but it's all she's ever known since she started her journey.
Hometown: Goldenrod city, Johto
Pokemon:
Glaceon, female, Chill - given to her by her brother as an Eevee, Chill is undoubtedly Ila's favourite and she normally discusses her problems with her, as she knows that Chill won't spill them to anyone. After all, no one understands her.
Buizel, male, Gizmo - The childish one, who continuously gets on Chill's nerves, but who Ila finds adorable. Not too strong in battle, but is very determined to at least go out in style.

Thank you for at least checking out Ila - I'd love it if you could use her. And please continue - there is so much potential here!
ThatOneGuy chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I really hope you continue with this! It's great so far!

Um, OC submission time.

Name: Efron Weeks

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Appearance: Pea green hair swooped low over one eye, deep indigo eyes, with normal Caucasian skintone. Average height and build for a seventeen-year-old guy.

Clothing: (Depending on the weather) A tan thermal shirt with a green ski vest and loose-fitting grey jeans. A black beanie covers most of his hair, and he wears standard green running shoes.

Personality: Has a rather dry sense of humor that not many people understand. He is always kind to Pokemon, but can be standoffish around other people. He will do whatever he has to do to let the spotlight shine on someone else.

Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh

Pokemon

Corphish (male) on hand. Efron has several others back home, but left them to watch over his family and because he wanted to capture and work with Kanto's native Pokemon.

Quirks and Traits: He bites his nails when he gets nervous. He has a habit of correcting people's grammar to the point of annoyance. He is a very talented musician, but he won't play very often.

Flaws: Efron would rather die than watch a Pokemon suffer. He is overly passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Other Information: He has one little sister, Jill, who he cares for very much. His goal in life is to be a famous Pokemon Professor. He's kind of a Brock character when it comes to women, but he's very shy and awkward. He hates big crowds of people.

Thanks for at least considering Efron. PLEASE continue! It shows so much promise!
DumbWitch chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I have a really good feeling on how this is going to turn out. Great job, and keep it up :)
MewMewExorcist chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Hm, BW2 setting? Magby and Elekid are the exclusive Pokemon there - I'm pretty sure Lopunny and Buneary are as well, and another I don't remember. But great start! I wonder what happens to the kid... I shall send my OC by PM.
kitsunelover300 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Wow, this seems like an interesting story. I can't wait to see what you have planned for Davis and Leon.

I can't send in an oc right now but I will apply for one later.
FiammaJoule chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Wow! To be honest, this is more interesting than I had first anticipated. Luckily, I don't stop at summaries and read through your first chapter. You add in the little details that carry the fic farther and that's great! The idea of Team Rocket making a real comeback makes me happy because they'll be more like the dangerous manga Team Rockets rather than the pushover anime and game Team Rocket lol. Also, I love the start! The two boys are already capturing my attention and their start is very new and original. I was even surprised by their starter Pokemon. I was actually expecting Cyndaquil and Totodile xD I'm officially interested and will be following your fic (: Keep it up!
HeadMageMai chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This is a wonderful story! You say that it sucked after redoing it, but even so I think it must have been a great story. I like how you write out the story and you know when to leave lines. Keep up the good work, I'll PM you an OC in a moment.
Amerath's Destiny chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNN

Looking pretty good so far. You could use a little more description, but it's better than I was expecting. (Not that I was expecting anything bad. You know what I mean.) Some of your sentences...Mm, well, the structure is extremely awkward. They're grammatically correct, just confusing to read. Look over it before you send it in.

I'll send in an OC.

Amerath
Gentle Blossom chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
It's a good start so far! Keep it up, my friend. I'll pm you my oc in a few.
Queen JJ chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Great story I'll pm my oc
P.B chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
This is an OC:

A Trainer named Peyton Black, with a Mightyena, Houndoom, Arkanine, and Electrike. She's obsessed with dog pokemon, and has traveled all around the world to get them. She got the before mentioned pokemon from the Orre Region, and was born in the Hoenn Region. She's 15 years old.