Reviews for Letting Go
MarinaNamaste chapter 1 . 4/15
So beautiful. My heart was in my chest for most of this story. I'm going to go tell husband that I love him now.

Great work.
sampam69 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Here's hoping for the best, lovely story thank you
jarms chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
GAH! Mel! THAT was effing amazing!

And this line: "And with each passing day, you missed everyone a little more, and you missed me a little less." THIS line right here... OMG! It captures every single sentiment of how it truly feels when two people break apart.

Everything about this was just wonderful! The pacing, the style, the flow, the POV, the... EVERYTHING! It was so real and raw and achingly beautiful. So much so that you're gonna force me to get poetic in order to accurately express the emotions bubbling up inside of me, LOL.

Ehem *clears throat*

Time, like the flowing river, always numbing in its course and relentless in its pursuit, smooths the the jagged edges of exposed pain like anesthetic rushing through the veins and clouding the mind.

Time... well, maybe it could.
jharv241 chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Outstanding! I normally don't read one shots but I took the chance and I'm glad I did! Loved it!
withlovej chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This had my emotions everywhere. I don't usually read one shots unless they're pretty long, but even then, I don't like to read a lot of one shots. I like long stories that really give time for the plot to unfold and for a story to be told. But this? Most beautiful piece I've ever read. I loved that you didn't use a name for their daughter. It really made me think after I read this. And the idea of Jake and Bella being so broken, failing to mend themselves back together and taking time to rebuild some type of relationship is just perfect. This tiny little girl broke them and could be what's going to save them. I loved that this was all Jake's POV and it was as if he was telling the story to Bella or writing to her. That's what made this so romantic and tragic in my opinion. Is it weird that I cried? Because I did. Anyway, seriously, this is a great piece. You're an amazing writing. The descriptions were well-written and the way you didn't rush anything and really laid out all of the pieces was really spectacular. I didn't even feel like I was reading a OS. I really did love this and I hope to read more from you.
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was so good, I am in tears over their love and loss and hopeful new beginnings. Oh, they had a love that was impossible to break until it broke. He was pleading with himself but his pride stood in the way. Your phrases and descriptions of emotion are so compelling, "even the eggshells we walked on were too loud". Such wonderful writing. Embry is a true good, friend, to bring him home to see his newborn daughter. He still considers Bella his soul mate and there is hope after all the pain. Thanks for writing, this is a great story and definitely award winning!
Lady Skye 1992 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
That was a great one-shot! :)
BreakingFree2015 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Oh maaaaaan. This was some intense stuff...absolutely loved the way in which this was written. It broke my heart but the biggest smile came to my face at the end. I'm just a teenager but is it weird that I felt like a matured and grew a little while reading this? Regardless, it was amazing-brilliant!
lilsealsfriend chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This was so well written and filled with emotion. I absolutely LOVED it
Jeri252 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
love it
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Aw, this is lovely. It's completely believable aswell.
taoist elf chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
*choke* such moody, dripping melancholy follows me with this. Yet there is a spark of hope of course. You write the human emotion so well... this story is really about a guy named Jacob and a girl named Bella (not the characters) and in one short o/s you managed to fill out their personalities and histories and emotions beautifully.

I thought the you/I tense (whatever the heck ya call it :-\) was really interesting and intimate in this piece. Your writing is sumptuous and somber and real.

Your angst is amazing, writing sublime... but I do hope you believe in in a HierEA (get it? Happier? yeah? *dorky grin*) for your Embry fic! *purty please?*

Awesome job and CONGRATULATIONS!
Jeniesethebeast chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Ohhh that was heartbreaking and reassuring all at the same time.