Reviews for The Red and the White
Wow! I had begrudgingly given up hope on my favorite Jaqen and Arya! The chapter was beautiful and week- presented as always, I especially admire how you ttreat the characters each with such dignity and respect for their respective situations, as well as not placing an over-dramatic weight on the events in their lives. Hope you are doing better and my condolences.
shelley.maldonado chapter 42 . 6/27
My condolences to you and your family. I too have recently lost a loved one and know what it's like to not have the drive to write anymore. I hope you feel better soon. You are an exceptional writer and I love reading this story.
Winterlyn Dow chapter 42 . 6/27
I was thrilled to see another chapter from you! I'm sorry for the real-life tribulations which have kept your from your writing and grateful that you have been able to return to it. Entirely lovely, as usual. And, as usual, I'll be waiting with barely-contained excitement for the next chance to read something else from you.
Pandorica 11 chapter 42 . 6/26
the course of true love never does run smoothly, does it? ugh I missed this story! glad you're back writing.
ImagineWho chapter 42 . 6/26
It does not matter if it's a month or ten years, I will always come back here, to this story when there's a new chapter. Furthermore, I will always read it from the very first chapter and I will always fall in Love all over again. I truly aspire to become such a talented writer like yourself. One day.
Every single element you use to create this storyline and how sharp your Arya is, I LOVE IT!
This new chapter was another great addition to this epic monster of yours. Jaqen and Arya are starting to solve their messy situation and Arya's mother reacted in an awesome way, but I wonder if she knows that it was Jaqen who was embracing her daughter...
Anyway, it was brilliantly done, and I'm looking forward to the next one! Hugs!
I loved the chapter, and it feels like a big change is coming
kailikomp chapter 29 . 6/25
Beautiful just-. I'll leave it there. I cannot really explain the feelings I have, but I do recognize warm nostalgia and bittersweet happiness as I was just reminded about how our family relations work... I guess is all works fine, when the people, our friends, from the outside see our family as a one unit working all together.

And now I'll grow with this story, because I'm taking some big steps towards living my own life and making my own way in this world.

I'm so glad I found this fic and I'm so glad that you ever decided to start writing this.
Thank you, dear author, for this journey. I'll read on!
firstmorningdew chapter 42 . 6/25
Sorry for your illness and the loss :( unfortunately life sometimes makes us feel like being eaten alive.. I hope everything gets well soon and thank you for the update :)
Cloudyautumn chapter 42 . 6/25
Sorry I didn't sign in! However, I really wanted to leave a review because your writing is excellent as always! I felt like this chapter was a turning point in the story, and very sober compared to the past ones. I actually can't wait for the chapter when Arya finally goes on an assignment, for some reason (regardless of whether or not it's with Jaqen). I was also wondering whether the JaqenxArya thing is set now? I mean, they have had their jealousies and their past lovers/admirers, but now that they've acknowledged their feelings... people expect things to change, but it's not always that clean, you know? Just wondering how much drama we've still got to anticipate ;]. Hopefully we readers get another chapter soon (if not, take your time. RL is more important than FF!). Cheers.
AvidreaderofLit chapter 42 . 6/25
I am very happy I really do love your story, so thanks for updating! I am curious will there be any time jumps?
planetarygirl chapter 42 . 6/24
I worked a 12 hour shift today and was utterly devastated by some very disheartening news. I can't thank you enough for choosing to update when you did. I absolutely love your fic and my heart skips a beat whenever I see that you have posted a new chapter. I'm sorry to hear the cause of your hiatus, I hope this illness has stopped pestering you and I hope time alleviates the sorrow of the passing. I just wanted you to know that your update lifted my spirit. Thanks! Keep on the good work!
I AM SO GLAD that you are back . I really do not care how long we should wait to have an update as long as you are fine and still writing this amazing story .
now about j/a I am not entirely happy with Jaqen HE REALLY NEEDS TO STOP MESSING WITH POOR ARYA . I hope he keeps himself at a distance & stops his touchy feely flirting . I think poor Arya will use her mom box very SOON .
sjcrish chapter 42 . 6/24
I don't care how long each update takes because I'm deeply addicted to this story and your Arya and Jaqen. It makes me unbelievably happy whenever I get a little email saying you have posted a new chapter. As for the chapter itself, very beautifully written, though quite sad. I completely understand the story development and part of me just wants to fast forward, but I also enjoying being able to spend this time with the characters. Fantastic job. I will be here waiting for your next installment.
JinxedSydney chapter 42 . 6/24
And she's back! Hurray! (more exclamation marks!)

I blushed for Arya at her mother's "Box." I'd have been just as embarrassed.

"It's a fell, not a hill." I heard "that" tone of voice in my head when she clarified that and it made me smile. Equally listened to her lose momentum in the conversation as she was exposed.

I adore your story and am so grateful you updated! ~JS
kailikomp chapter 13 . 6/23
It's official. I'm addicted. Goodbye daylight!