Reviews for What Kate Does
UnguidedLight chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
Awesome! I loved this x
Dashed chapter 4 . 8/11/2012
The subtle double speak of this chapter is both amusing and heart breaking. I know I've told you how much I love the way you write Betty and Kate but Gladys and Leon are real joys too.
Dashed chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Leon is amazing and I do think Kate had the tiniest crush on him after she realised he could sing. I love that they have such a nice friendship, having a strong and kind male figure in her life is good for Kate.

The way you jump between Kate and Marion, its a nice way to show Kate's conflicted identity. Kate standing up to Walter was great, there was a real complex sense of betrayal, affection and suspicion that Walter will grow up just like their father.

The Billie Holiday version of I'm a fool to want you, I’m so sorry I completely stole that off you and didn't realise. It must have been in the back of my mind when writing - you're right completely, it's one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. Although the way you use it for Kate's love for her family is brilliant. There's a bitter resignation, she knows that loving her father and brothers is foolish and can only lead to pain but she can't help it - wonderful use of the song.
Dashed chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
It was when I was leaving the other reviews I realised I forgot to review this story, cue me leaving reviews like a crazy stalker. I promise I'm not actually crazy.

I actually hate watching the kiss scene. It makes me cringe every time - like watching a train crash. Hearing it from Kate's point of view softened it a little and I liked how conflicted she is and how she is trying to run away by throwing herself into her old life as Marion.
sojellious chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Lovely work, as always :) I really liked Kate's realization that perhaps Betty was as afraid of her feelings as Kate is. Like they're the same but moving at different speeds - hopefully they end up at the same place some day!
ChocolateKitten chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Hi, I've just stumbled over your stories and think they're fab! This ones very sad though - I'm really hoping Kate decides to go back, and you let us see what happens. I love the Kate/Gladys friendship angle, it's nice to see it explored indepth. Write more soon!