Reviews for The Avatar and The Destroyer of Worlds
Guest chapter 4 . 7/7/2014
There is NO WAY that Korra the Avatar could have even gotten CLOSE to Galactus...If he's as powerful as described, he's pretty much God Himself. This story is meaningless.
Dimensional Wanderer chapter 4 . 7/31/2012
Awesome! I never thought I would find a worthy Legend of Korra and Marvel crossover such as this one. Keep up the good work, I really like it, and I want to see more!
Dalek Prime chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
this story is amazing!
gunman chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
It was shorter than I expected, but I think it's kinda fitting, since it is already been a huge set-up to take in the fact that Galactus accepted a challenge by a superhero to either spare or destroy her world.
Just show him something that is worth sparing the planet, and he will leave without incident.
If she fails... they all die.
Right. No pressure.
Although, that ending... it was like something out of Wrath of the Titans.
The last of the Cosmic Titans have escaped and they are headed towards Galactus.
Which could be advantageous to Korra and her friends.
If Galan is attacked then Korra could prove that she is worthy by defending him from being attacked and possibly killed.
I mean, if they couldn't destroy Galactus before, and he imprisoned them, then they might not be a match for him if he is too weak from hunger to stop them.
Maybe if they teamed up to defeat the pair, then sure, and Galactus will see that humans are worth the trouble of sparing.
And then Galactus shrinks down in order to 'fit in' with everyone else.
That makes sense, but... in the Fantastic Four cartoon, when Galactus was defeated by Ghost Rider, he started shrinking, since he was feeding upon himself in order to survive.
This smaller version of Galactus could actually be a means of saving energy.
Also, good choices for the voices. I recoginze some of them.
Brad W chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
Oh man, Tenebrous and Aegis (I believe that is their names) have escaped their prisons and are gunning for Galactus now! What's next, the Annihilation Wave decides to drop in for a visit on Korra's homeworld? Keep up the good work!
Brad W chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Nice to see a new chapter. While I personally believe Galactus would simply deny her challenge stating that he is a being beyond the concepts of any form of boasting or ego and simply just continue to devour the planet, that wouldn't make for a very lasting story. I suspect that Galactus may be shown some kind of special component of this planet that may essentially represent the concept of balance in the Universe, which may make him/it reconsider devouring the planet and perhaps utilizing it for another purpose. Keep up the good work!
gunman chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Okay, it's clear that only first-hand experience of fighting Galactus could yield such results.
Though I found it rather fitting.
Korra used her elemental powers, one at a time, to fight The Surfer, and she was beaten. Then she used her full Avatar powers all at once to take on Galactus, but she couldn't beat him.
I wonder, if she had gone full-Avatar on The Surfer, would she have beaten him?
Maybe. But... that is nether here nor there.
Power and force against Galactus was not enough to beat him, mostly because he is too powerful to contend with. Unless one has power equal to his own.
Further more, I keep coming back to what Galactus said, about how he gives back so much more than he takes.
I don't understand that.
He devours life-force energy from every planet he visits. His actions, while not evil, do not mark him as one of the good guys. Nor a benevolent cosmic force. He destroys, he is called The Destroyer of Worlds, so who is surprised here?
He is a cosmic force of nature, that does not care about where he goes or what he has to do to survive. He simply is.
Regardless, I look forward to seeing just what Korra has in store for Galactus.
Movie-Brat chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
I can find people for your story.
gunman chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
While the chapter was a bit shorter than I expected, I did find it enjoyable. You give a good sampling of everyone's character (though I haven't seen the series as of yet) and the fight against the Silver Surfer was impressive. Able to knock him down, but he keeps getting back up.
And what I like of the Silver Surfer is that he never has any malice towards anyone who tries to hurt him.
I guess he's used to it by now.
Though, I still wonder, if Korra had not fought him, would he have eventually been able to break from Galactus and help defend this world?
Was there a person in the 'Legend of Korra' series who would have, could have, taken the Silver Surfer's powers for his own, like Dr Doom did in the Fantastic Four movie?
It could have gone a long way to making the Surfer and ally.
Anyway, this was a good read. Keep it up.
The Tell-Tale Man chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
That story was so amazng so please keep up the next chapter to see what happens.
Shouvin chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Nice. like the drama, but you need to speed thing up a little, spice it, action, you know, start going forward with your plot. sorry if it was harsh or mean, just trying to give you advice.
Btw, what about setting up hasami with someone? General iroh for example? just a thought.

PURE AWESOMENESS!
Peace out.
Brad W chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
I cannot see any way that Korra could stop Galactus at his now current stage of planet consumption. She is gonna need some form of advice or help from someone like the Watcher or maybe even the Living Tribunal to even be able to stand up to Galactus. Another thing I could see happening is that maybe Korra and Galactus strike a deal for Korra to delve into the Spirit World to collect something for him that is equal to the worth of her planet? Whatever it is, I hardly doubt it will be easy to do and perhaps even crosses Korra's morals. Keep up the good work!
The Tell-Tale Man chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
I hope you write your next Legend of Korra crossovers so great one on that.
X-Chick303 chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
I'm a Korra fan, and a MARVEL fan, so this is awesome for me! Keep it up!
gunman chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I've heard of 'Legend of Korra', but I've never seen the series.

So I have to admit that this kinda caught my interest. Especially at the fact that Galactus is coming to their world.

How would the world react at having the Destroyer of Worlds come to a 1920's style world?

If this was the Marvel universe, there would only have been a handful of people who were capable of dealing with him. And it might have ended pretty badly.

It's like, The Watcher would have had to get involved more directly for something like this.

Maybe he would have had to create his own 'Fantastic Four' or 'Avengers' team to deal with Galactus.

But that aside, this does seem to have a good start, so good luck with this. I curiously look forward to more.