Reviews for Gene's Farewell
Islaboe chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Hi Rachel, I was wondering if you were able to post another chapter today at all ? I know it is not the norm but I am curious to know where this is going and your last chapter stopped right at the crux of this story. I also was wondering how Adam would have reacted had Louise spoken to him like she did to Ben and I hope there is some of that coming up ? as I know Joe would have been for it and punished but she seems to be saying and doing as she like at the moment with no consequences, and by the way I love that she is mouthing off at the moment and doesn't know when to stop and I'm sure she is going to be reigned in pretty soon if she continues (and I hope she does continue) I love the scenes with Adam the most (as you know) and hope ther will be plenty more of them to come especially him having to be firm with her and punishing her as well as this brings out the fatherly instinct in him that he portrays so well, and also to let her know that he is a force to be reckoned with when pushed just like her PA and will not take her rudeness either, but also a loving and caring brother who listens as he already has. So I hope this is moving on to her going too far with voicing her opinions especially with Adam as he will step in with her and her father if she goes too far I would imagine, looking forward to seeing where you are going with this. Also glad to see that you will be writing more of these I read on the site, great, and maybe you could have her using Alice and being nice to her to get away with things with Adam and Ben as well, and using it to her advantage ? Thanks again I hope I am not a pest. But you know me I think of things and have to ask you ? hopefully I'll hear from you soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
So sweet:)
JoAnn Lynn chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Very touching, Rachel. Makes me miss the old days of letter writing when one could keep and treasure notes like this. Rachel will have Gene's sweet note to read whenever she misses him, and if they keep writing will have all those other notes too.

That first very vivid paragraph hooked me it right from the start. Well done.

On a personal note, if I may, from an older believer to a younger one, regarding the tragedy in the US news yesterday.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)
FanofGibbs68 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
How very sweet and wonderful that he always knows what to say to her. Wonderful story!
R - Equine Writer chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Thankyou all for your lovely reviews! You have all put a big smile on my face! :-)

To Shire: Yes, I have now read the first Circle C book, and started the second last night. I love Andi! The books are great. Thankyou so much for recommending them!

To Everyone: Thankyou again so much for your reviews. It always makes my day to hear from you! Rachel :)
Tauna Petit-Strawn chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
:) I like that explanation for Gene's disappearance best.
beccasued chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
What a great story - can't wait for your next one!
CollieandShire chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Aww, so nice! Rachel and Gene were so close, you could see that in all of your other stories. I liked how Gene knew exactly how to comfort her, and knew exactly what she'd do. Can't wait to see your next Big Valley story! I gotta get to work on some of the ones I've got planned, but first I've got to finish Indiana Jones. :) Keep on writing! Can't wait for more!

-Shire from CollieandShire

P.S. You enjoying that Circle C Adventure Book? :)
13Sarah94 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I love your stories Rachel :)

You had me crying in the first paragraph! Can't wait to see what else you come up with :)
Nina chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Such a sweet story. Thanks for giving me a smile today.

I check everyday to see if a new Rachel story has been posted. I am looking forward to the next one!