Reviews for Of West Ham Football
FlightFeathers chapter 1 . 1/2
Aw. Luna, Luna, Luna. She is such a darling! Her letter showed her open and caring - not that we haven't seen that one before! - side, and you showed that without ruining her character. :)
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Aw, this was cute.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I had to review this the moment I saw it mentioned Seamus and Lavender :) Lately, I have seriously been getting into letter fics. I just think they're so sweet. I loved this one too. It was very Luna. Always curious about everything.

She's such a sweet girl, Luna. Well done. I loved it.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is /so/ Luna. Brilliant, really. And shipping her with Dean makes the football prompt really work here. Neville's parenthetical statements are great, too. This is just wonderful. Favoriting.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Just reading the summary I began to boffola because I knew it broke like... everything. Not even kidding. Only for a challenge, that's all I'm saying. Never in another million years. Hopefully!

"Can you see the baby bump yet? Have you been making sure she doesn't get too near any fluffelumps?" Just the way that I can picture Luna saying both these things is totally accurate and slightly scary. You must be Luna. I don't know why "baby bump" just sound so Luna-esque, because I can't really picture anyone else in the franchise saying that. She's special. The second part was lovely, because you made up something that is harmful to pregnant women, and only she would...

"I flutter, he says. I flutter when I'm worried, apparently." Gosh, why do you have to be so darn accurate. And how could I immediately picture the action to this? You have a way with writing. It sounds so sweet and innocent and, it just really fits, because Luna isn't a grounded character as some are (Alice and Frank), but instead she sky-bound and star headed. So this really gives her that airy edge, which I like a lot.

"Not when it comes to football." I keep smiling around this part for some reason. I'm literally reading it in Evanna Lynch's voice, and everything is so in-character. By that I mean that nothing isn't not in character. Like you don't have Luna saying something un-Luna, which is the best thing about that.

"I was convinced that he'd been possessed by Seamus, for a while there. " Stop it. Stop making my life worth living.

"I'm still not certain that I understand why the football team is named after a lunch meat, but I suppose that's sports fans for you." What did we just agree on? That was on the nose, right there.

"(Neville can visualize Luna giggling at this point while writing the letter.)" And now so can I. Very vividly, in fact, and I can even picture her yelling.

"And the scariest part is that I love him too much to care about being scared." And it's so conrtadictory and that's why it was perfect because it was Luna and that's everything Luna is! Not to mention the fact that that is actually quite an amazing point in love to get to. And Luna doesn't strike me as someone that scares easily, so I think that added to the awe.

All in all, this was just nice to read. Because despite the summary (which does no justice! In a way that's good because it's better, of course) it turned out to be something that was amazing sweet between Dean and Luna, something I never would've ever considered, but worked just because you put your mind to it.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I didn't say this in my beta-reading, because I wanted to save something for this review, but I'm really happy you took this challenge :D It was really interesting to see what you did with it, and I think you did a great job making it seem natural. Even just the mental image of Luna yelling at a football fan to fit in is priceless, haha.

Although your author's note about this breaking the pairings you normally ship now has me curious about the pairings you normally ship XD Let's see, I know you ship Drarry so that would be messed up by the Harry and Ginny in this story, and Dean/Seamus would be split up Luna and Lavender - are there any I'm missing?
aasiya333hotmail.co.uk chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Awwww, how lovely...that was very sweet...

I hope you continue...