Reviews for Sessions with Madness
Liluri chapter 4 . 1/30/2014
Wow. I can honestly say that your interpretation of Jonathan Crane is one of the most exciting things I've seen here. Shivers genuinely took over me, and I haven't even finished it yet. On a side note, I couldn't help but giggle to myself madly at the name Norman Perkins, which I think is an absolute delight of a tribute to Hitchcock. Very beautiful, you should be proud of yourself for having such an innate writing ability.
TheLaughingMan1 chapter 7 . 6/13/2013
Good.
TheLaughingMan1 chapter 5 . 6/13/2013
As someone who has been to an asylum, I am thoroughly enjoying Crane's actions.
TheLaughingMan1 chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
That guy is doomed.
Ersatz Einstein chapter 6 . 5/3/2013
You need to beta this. It's riddled with tense shifts and typos, you've invented a couple of words, and you use some words incorrectly. (Example: "The tension in the room is palatable." You meant palpable.) Still, this is intriguing and well-written. It would be near-perfect if the errors were only fixed.
StormWolf91 chapter 9 . 3/11/2013
This is a brilliant, and chilling, story. The Scarecrow is among my favorite Batman villains (next to The Joker), and Cillian Murphy's performance in The Dark Knight trilogy reinforced my opinion on the character.

As for your story- first of all, I love the title. Dr. Crane has plenty of madness in himself in addition to the madness he spreads throughout Gotham.

I liked that most of the story consisted of dialogue, because the reader has to pay attention as Perkins and Crane speak back-and-forth. It also shows the characters' attitude and gives a small window into what they are thinking.

Crane was in character, and the way you wrote him was nothing short of unsettling and cringe-worthy (not in a bad way). In regards to Perkins' character, I saw his fate coming a mile away. Quite foolish of him to intentionally fall under Crane's manipulation.

Overall, I enjoyed this story so much. You did an excellent job writing it in the spirit and mood of the Batman series.
DorianGray91 chapter 9 . 1/11/2013
Loved every chapter! You're an expert on the internal workings of Dr. Crane... in the nicest way possible! But seriously, I love how he was several steps ahead from the beginning, how vastly intelligent he is. You capture it perfectly.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/23/2012
Greta storu
ChibiLady chapter 9 . 11/18/2012
AWESOME!I totally loved this story! You have a great writing style and you wrote Crane's character to a compelete T! I also loved the way you made Norman Perkins-most OCs are unneccessary and rather take away from the story but your OC was not only central to the plot but shed more light on Crane's character and made the story great. And this is random, but I'm psyched that I'm the 100th reviewer!
Lymixan chapter 9 . 11/16/2012
A great ending to this fine story.
Thank you so much for finishing it.
ZenyZootSuit chapter 9 . 11/13/2012
Thank you so much for writing! As I've said many times before and will and will undoubtedly say again, I love your Crane stories! They're among the best of the bunch in this fandom. About this story, it was really good! You did a good job with keeping Crane in character and the plot flowed quite smoothly. This was a good spot to end it. Not to say, of course, that I wanted it to end, but no one really likes the ones that drag on and on and on and leave the readers saying "This was good thirteen chapters ago". So great job! If I may make one request, if you wanted to, would you update your Scarecrow origin story? Hope to read from you soon!
FairyHedgehog chapter 9 . 11/13/2012
A fantastic ending to a fantastic story. Thanks for writing it!
slytherin-until-i-die chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
I adored this story! I love the wait you write our favourite mad psychiatrist - he's my favourite Batman character, y'know, plus, Cillian Murphy, mmmm - so please write more!
Crazylanie93 chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
It's over? :o It was soooo good! I absolutely loved this! And I loved that you were perceptive enough to end it on a good note rather than drag it on, (Although, I don't feel like this story would have been "dragged on" I feel it was brilliantly written)
Although your ending gives hope that maybe a sequel is on the horizon? :D I would love to see what happens when Crane goes after Batman. That's a major cliff-hanger, I have to say... But if you decide not to, that's fine as well. Either way, this story was fantastically written and a great read. :) Kudos!
Crazylanie93
strixx chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
That's the end? A cliffhanger? :[

I've been faithfully following this story since you started it, if memory serves correct, and I just wanted to let you know that I think everything about this is amazing. The writing, the story-line, the little bits of humor thrown in here and there... You get the point.
My only problem with it is the fact that you ended it so abruptly, just when it was getting intense. I truly hope that this story lives to see a sequel, :]

{ps: I'll be writing my reviews for the other chapters when I'm less tired and I can actually go re-read them. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of your stories as well.}