Reviews for Not a Headline
delicatelyglitterywriter chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
I like it, I like it a lot!
XXPay4XtraShippingsXX chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I liked that. It was great.
Keep writing and God bless!
Shippings
MidnightShadow07 chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Like how you were able to portray a brotherly protectiveness and disgust for the inconsiderate reporter. I do hope to see more. :)
MS07
musicinmymind13 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Really good. Did you read the book or just saw the movie?
WhiteTree chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I loved that scene, and wish it had been included in the movie. You did a great job-all the things that Noah didn't say but were evident on his face.
Alexi Lupin chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Oh, that's so perfect!
jesusfreakauthorgirl17 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Perfect response. Really.
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I saw this movie a while ago, but I don't remember this scene. A deleted one, you say? I might have to try and look it up.

Anyway, I liked this, even though it's short. I wished the movie had focused just a teeny bit more on her brothers, and not just on her. So, good job and thanks for sharing.
high.fiving.jesus chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Hey!

So, let's dive in, shall we?

This piece was much more mature than the last one I reviewed, which is good considering the age difference. There's a lot of rage and sarcasm, and there was no attempt to hide it. That's an extremely profound sample of the mannerisms of teenagers and young adults.

Two lines really popped out to me. The first: "It was a miracle she was alive to hurt at all." I'm not really sure what drew me to this line, I just really enjoyed it. It might have been the shift in attitude; from pity to gratefulness. How he was distraught over seeing her in such pain, in such a new light, and then suddenly he was finding the miracle hidden by adrenaline and bitterness.

Second: "Yeah. She's my sister and not a headline." I really just liked it because it reminded me of something I would say. I tend to be extremely sarcastic and snarky.

The frustration and disgust with the reporters was extremely evident, as it should be since he never tried to hide it.

The paragraph that begins with "I stopped." was a slight glimpse into his character. It shows that despite his disgust with reporters he can't believe they would be so insensitive. He might not believe consciously that all people have boundaries, but sub-consciously he does. That almost portrays innocence on his part.

All together, an extremely well-written, albeit short piece that I think you did well with. The story of Bethany is such an inspirational one that portrays a family strong in its faith and the power of our God, and I believe you did it justice.

-High fiving Jesus