Reviews for Behind Doors and Masks
CharmedArtist chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
...Wow. I'm breathless.

This is... amazing. Gripping. I have no words, and too many all at the same time. I've never read a fanfiction dealing with this time in the timeline, and this is just... perfect. It really is. The strength of emotion, the magic, the cruelty and the double-speak, the growing closeness between the two protagonists... Tell me, are you planning on making this a slash fiction? Because I would love Neville/Snape, either as a romantic or just a mentor/student relationship. It would be such slow, torturous going to get Snape to open up to Neville, accept his touch, and those stories tend to be so satisfying to me. However, slash fiction is, of course, not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm positive that I'll love this story regardless of how you continue it. Thank you so much for sharing.
darkdranzer chapter 9 . 11/24/2014
Wow! You updated! So happy! I really love how you write the interactions between snape and neville.
marthapreston4 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Thanks for this I dont think there is enough Neville/Snape mentor stories out there
bridgeportfox chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
I was happy to see another chapter up. This is one of my favorites. Neville proved his courage and compassion by tending to Snape as much as he could. And Snape is loathing himself for what he is being forced to do. The detentions are a good cover for Neville's training. The injuries work into the idea that Snape is punishing him and protect for them both. I hope Neville will be able to let his army know, eventually, that Snape was helping them.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/14/2014
I am so glad that I came across this story; it is amongst the best I have read on . I would appreciate faster updates though.
Saramagician chapter 9 . 11/13/2014
I thought something like this would happen to Severus sooner or later, but I really didn't thought their relation would develop like this! I liked it and enjoyed it a lot!
R.1412 chapter 9 . 11/13/2014
Love it so much. I like the training part so much. You bring Snape character to a new level. Cold, harsh, and cruel but loyal inside. I love reading this chapter. Thank you for updating. I've been waiting so long for it
hpsslily chapter 9 . 11/12/2014
Yay so glad to see an update ...
Waiting for d next one
BlueWater5 chapter 9 . 11/12/2014
Great update - glad you are back!
Marten chapter 8 . 7/3/2014
This is such a good story. I see that you updated it almost a year ago, but I would absolutely love it if you continued. This is a story unlike any other I've found so far on , and I've read a lot. Your characterizations of Snape and Neville are spot-on, and even more than that, you've managed to keep Snape compelling and frightening. He's not the least bit sappy or self-pitying or anything annoyingly similar, which he tends to sink toward in other fics.

I also really appreciate how you've managed to balance out Neville's courage with his fear; Snape is scary, whether or not he's helping Neville, and there's always that threat of being forced to let the Carrows have him if Neville does anything too reckless. Those very real threats keep the story very interesting. I also like how Neville's detentions haven't stopped (he's still cleaning cauldrons!) even after Snape has decided to help. The realism and grave aspect of the story are well maintained and don't deteriorate at all.

I half wonder if you haven't continued because you don't know where to take it. Most people, I know, are busy, but when there's a good idea going, a story can come out every few months or so. Might I suggest Snape entrusting Neville with something more difficult? Snape had to leave the castle for a few days, at least, to get into the Forest of Dean - perhaps Neville will need to do something in the interim, even if it's just as much as keeping the DA out of trouble or rescuing someone from the dungeon. Neville might also have the opportunity to teach his friends any curses he gets from Snape. And this is just a wild idea, but I would love to see Snape pit the DA (after Neville's taught them something) against the Discipline Squad, to test their mettle. Eventually, too, Harry will turn up at some point to find Ravenclaw's diadem, which will pose interesting problems.

Anyway, I do hope you continue. If you've written anything - even an unfinished chapter somewhere - would you mind making it available somehow? I wouldn't bear being able to see the story die. I haven't met a Snape like yours before and it's drawing me in like a lodestone.

Yours affectionately,
Marten
hpsslily chapter 8 . 4/21/2014
Bloody hell !
That was intense
Luv ur Snape ...Dats exactly what v expect from him
Miss harry though
N plz don't kill Snape in d end
SpencerBrown chapter 8 . 4/12/2014
This is an awesome story. I know it's been a while since an update, but I truly hope it's still swirling in your head somewhere, and you'll share the rest with us someday. :)

The characters and interactions are amazing, and as much as I love seeing the deviously protective Headmaster side of Snape, getting to see Neville during his growth 7th year is way more unusual. It's a brilliant premise, and you're writing them into people I want to spend time with, and continue learning with. :)

So, thank you so much for everything written so far, and I hope I can inspire you to continue sharing your beautiful creation with us. :)

Yours,
Spencer
kelasnglb chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
please update just please update .
Anante chapter 8 . 2/27/2014
What a great read so far! I'm really loving how Neville is portrayed having stepped into his role as a leader in the DA but still holds some securities from previous years. Especially how this concerns his potions master...er, headmaster. Snape is brilliant as well! He's not majorly OOC and still holds a darkness about him even though he and Neville have an agreement. Neville doubting Snape's intentions really speaks a lot about how much both are risking and yet willing to risk for the sake of the war's outcome. Thanks for the eight amazing chapters so far!
darkdranzer chapter 8 . 1/17/2014
Aaah this is so awesome i want moreeeeee :'(
99 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »