Reviews for Behind Doors and Masks
luinrina chapter 8 . 9/14/2013
Brilliant. This story is brilliant. I couldn't stop reading and really hope there will be more soon.

I love how you keep both Neville and Snape in-character. I love how you built up their alliance and what they're doing to help each other. I'm a little uncertain whether Dumbledore might have told Neville - any student really - that much about Snape and his ulterior motives, as he hadn't even entrusted Harry with them, but then again, Dumbledore's seen the list with the names of the DA members, certainly will he have heard Neville's name when the Carrows discussed him with Snape in his office and drawn his own conclusions as to where Neville's allegiance lies. And Dumbledore's right: no one should be alone in such a precarious position as Snape.

I wonder if Snape's ever going to use the DA coin again and if so, what it'll be.

Can't wait for more, and this is going straight to my favourites.
Vivien Lestrange chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
An interesting and unusual take on the situation during DH. Hardly anyone focuses on Snape, it's mostly the students alone. In my opinion, you got Snape's behaviour quite well but I'm not the best person to ask because I don't write him much.
I'll read the rest as soon as I can.
Saramagician chapter 8 . 8/25/2013
Wow! Very interesting! I like how every thing is progressing! Update soon...
PhiGirl chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Wow, that was intense. Their relationship is really tense and interesting at this point. Neville does know that Snape wants to help him even if it doesn't feel like it, how he doesn't just protect him but teaches him to protect himself. He expects very much of Neville but also sacrifices much himself.

I love how Neville's instinctive distrust of Snape slowly changes and how he notices the small things - like Snape's expression or non-hesitation - that someone like Harry would just overlook (and probably does during Occlumency sessions). And you manage it without ignoring Snape's past abuse of Neville during potions.

What Neville does here takes very much courage. He doesn't just make a spur-of-the-moment decision and deals with the consequences (you did mention the trip to the Ministry somewhere) but knows exactly how much his decision will cost him and still faces it with his eyes wide open. And he doesn't succumb to despair even when he knows that it might still all be in vain.

That trait can already be found in the eleven year old Neville, I think, when he - the shy, insecure boy who is overlooked by pretty much everyone - stands up to a group of three close friends on his own because he believes it is the right thing.

I'll just stop rambling before this becomes even longer, and go and reread the story from the beginning now. Anyway, thanks for another great chapter!
masterlokiseverus159 chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Yayayayay! Another chapter-And a really good one too!
This was an excellent chapter, loved the interaction between Neville and Sev, especially their discussion about the unforgivable curse.
Please please Please update soon!:)
betony11 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I'm glad you are continuing with the story. I'm looking forward to many more great chapters.
bridgeportfox chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
It sounds like the training sessions are going to be hell for Snape and Neville. At least Neville is learning from them and learning about Snape as well.
dash11 chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
I'm thrilled to see an update! Keep going...there aren't nearly enough fics covering Hogwarts in 7th year, and yours is so gloriously well-written too!
happyaddict chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
hello! you are incredible! I have never read any snape as in caracter as yours and neville too is well described... I can also totally see the difference between harry and neville, something that not many authors can manage. Your story seems just so real! At first I hoped to read slash (since I started I can't read anything else :p) but now I already see that there is no way and I'm actually looking forward to see their kind of mentor- relationship develope! again well done, hope you will continue writing soon, with all my support happyaddict
Snarky64 chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
Excellent chapter.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 7 . 6/6/2013
Love this so far, please continue!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Neat start! And sometimes people do things in emergencies that aren't perfect, but work anyway.
xX-Blue. Nymph-Xx chapter 7 . 3/29/2013
So far this story is brilliant even though it is progressing slowly. then again Severus Snape is not one to trust others easily, and Neville had hated him since year one so it is understood and would seem weird for them to suddenly be best of pals.
It truly remarkable that Sev will allow Neville to actually curse him! WOW
Keep up the marvelous job
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
I love it! Shows the good, noble, yet still snarky side of Snape. XD
bridgeportfox chapter 7 . 2/17/2013
Snape and Neville handled that well. Everyone caught will be in some danger but nothing as bad as the Carrows. The tow of them working together is going well. I like that Snape, even though he is beginning to respect Neville, still has his snarky, sharp tongue.
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »