Reviews for Alexander, Son of Worf
KendrixTermina chapter 14 . 3/28/2013
Positively sweet.

Again, I admire how you sort of interconnect the later and earlier portrayals in an interesting way to come up with a cohesive and 3-dimensional portrayal of Alexander.

That last dialogue was cool, too, that dissolution of not-so-inherent contraditions, of finding which of two principles is the more fundamental one.
LORETTA JEAN chapter 14 . 3/27/2013
SUCH A GOOD STORY ABOUT THESE TWO. SO TENDER AT TIMES. I SO LIKE LWAXANA,THANKS FOR KEEPING HER ON GOING. SHE IS A GOOD BRIDGE FOR THEM.

THANKS.
LornaWinters chapter 13 . 3/23/2013
Another exciting and engaging chapter! I really like this story, and am eager to find out what's going to happen next! Thanks for writing!
LornaWinters chapter 12 . 3/23/2013
Great chapter! Glad I finally got the time to read and review! On to your next chapter!
KendrixTermina chapter 13 . 3/23/2013
Interesting perspective flip & pretty good. The best thing may be how you not only mentioned, but *interconnected* various things from all over the timeline (Like the treatment you gave to the whole future thing) - A lesser writer would have forgotten about Martok's son or certain Details from TNG.
An OC love interest is usually a... source of common pitfals, but I feel like K'nera never veered into Mary Sue territory - everything about her served a purpose, from being a reversal/parallel to Alexander's own situation without being a complete carbon copy, to that whole setup to give Alexander a better understanding about the whole situation with his mother's death.

I also liked your exploration of how Jadzia featured into the equation, from that scene of Alexander defending her, to her getting Worf to discuss the whole future business with her, and I also liked that idea of him and Ezri getting along because of certain similarities.
I look forward to the rest of this.
LORETTA JEAN chapter 13 . 3/20/2013
THANK YOU FOR THE POST. ALEXANDER SEEMS TO ALWAYS HAVE HIS LIFE IN QUESTION. OF COURSE THE WAR BUT I MEAN HIS 'SELF' JUST ABOUT THE TIME HE FIGURES IT OUT, WELL HE DIFFIDENTLY HAS NO ONE TO SHARE WITH. NOW EVEN K'NERA IS PLANNING TO CUT HIM LOOSE. ALEX DOES SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WOLF MORE THAN I THINK WOLF WILL EVER UNDERSTAND.

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU NEXT UPDATE. YOU SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ALEXANDER SO WELL.

THANKS FOR CONTINUING SUCH A GOOD STORY.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 13 . 3/20/2013
I'm glad that Martok had some words of wisdom for the "Stubborn Fool". LOL! Worf and Alexander really do need some one on one time together for some father/son bonding. Though with the war going on that time may be hard to come by.

Now for K'nera, I have the feeling that life without her uncle or father to smooth her path will begin to get a bit more bumpy.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 12 . 3/20/2013
Sounds as if "Daddy" Lor'vah doesn't like Worf too much. I am glad that he is looking out for his daughter though. Adoptive or not it shows that he does love her and wants the best for her. Though I'm not sure that Alexander would agree with him that the best thing for her if she met another Betazoid instead.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 11 . 3/20/2013
Yay! We got to go to DS9 for a few! Worf can be a jerk sometimes but I still love him. I wonder how he'll react to Alexander changing his name... Worf is such a complex man. ;)

On the upside, it looks like K'nera's family (Uncle M'jaK at least) doesn't disapprove of a possible relationship with Alexander. That's good since we know that mixed marriages are frowned upon by Klingon Society as a whole but Alexander is already a hybrid and K'nera isn't a Klingon at all. Though I don't like the idea of him telling Alexander that he needs to find a different ship to serve, even if his reasons were good ones.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 10 . 3/20/2013
Wow, Alexander finally decided to be bold and kissed her! I wasn't expecting that just yet. Good thing he took the opportunity when he did though considering what happened right afterwards. For Alex's sake, I hope that K'nera is alright. I do like the fact that you didn't push these two on your readers as a couple right from the start. I prefer romances to be more realistic than a couple meeting and being an item (or worse engaged) in just a chapter or two.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 9 . 3/20/2013
Considering how Ch'Targh was really rough on Alexander when he first was transferred to the Rotarran it is nice to see that he really is protective of him now. Even with seeing so little of him we are learning a lot about his personality which has been expanded upon from the show. I didn't think that he cared much for Worf either so this part fit.

The looks at Exri and even M'jaK were written well too. They aren't allowed to drift into the background too far but they don't steal the scenes either. A nice balance.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 8 . 3/20/2013
Lwaxana's departure always seems to have the same effect on others, doesn't it? LOL! But of course she'd have a hand in pushing the two "Young Ones" together wouldn't she? She was always the hopeless romantic as was evident in her constant search for a mate

As for Drex, we didn't see much of him in the show either. The confrontation between he and Alexander was quite humorous to read. I liked how you had Alexander give him a history lesson instead of reacting to the hostility of the other Klingon in the typical fashion. It shows that he is more apt to find a non-violent solution to his problems when possible.

It was sad to see that Jadzia's death had such an effect on Alexander but it was swee too since it added yet one more layer to his personality. I do appreciate the fact that you try to stay as close to canon as possible. Right down to the lack of tear ducts of a Klingon. (As evident when Alexander thought that his father was dead in Ethics, he "Cried" but there were no tears.)
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 7 . 3/20/2013
K'nera's reluctance to exploring her own heritage seems to mimic that of a young Alexander's protests of not wanting to learn about "all that Klingon stuff". Alexander has decided to explore his father's people more now that he is older but it seems that K'nera is perfectly happy to remain ignorant about her own. I loved how Lwaxana was shown in character. Both in her apparent "Flippance" to her compassion when she was talking to K'nera.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
You didn't disappoint with Lwaxana. LOVED her portion. I was also glad to see Worf and Jadzia in this chapter. Worf cared for his son, he just had a hard time in showing it. This also explains why he went so long without seeing his son after the episode "First Born". Hearing Worf explain the whole thing with K'mtar with Alexander will be a very interesting chapter for sure.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
Loved seeing the two "Teens" bonding. I'm glad that Alexander has someone roughly his own "age" to talk to and enjoy his free time with. Ch'Targh makes for a good father substitute but Alex needed a good friend.

As for Worf missing Alexander's birthday, I have the feeling that Jadzia will take care of him. But bringing in Lwaxana, PRICELESS for this next part.
80 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »