Reviews for Faery Heroes
Jeff chapter 50 . 12/15/2020
Your explanation why Ginny is legally responsible for her actions is severely lacking:

If she is genuinely mentally ill (you don't leave much doubt that this is indeed the case here) and if she actually genuinely believes that there is nothing at all wrong with using a love potion on Harry, then she is in fact NOT legally responsible. She could only be legally responsible, if she actually knew that her actions are illegal. Considering some other love potion-related events you described in this story, it seems quite likely that a pureblood like Ginny giving a half-blood like Harry a love potion would have been perfectly legal. Or at least it seems very unlikely that Ginny has much reason to doubt its legality - after all, her own mother had told her that she had done the same to Arthur.

The second important detail you ignored is that Ginny is hardly the only one committing illegal acts here. Harry and his girlfriends have committed quite a few burglaries, thefts and murders, and let's not forget a case or two of actual torture. Those were quite illegal, but you apparently don't think that they deserve punishment. Why? Because they were justified for one reason or another? So was Ginny - at least from her own point of view. She was utterly convinced that she and Harry were meant for each other. You even had a scene, where Harry noticed that Ginny couldn't distinguish between her fantasies and reality. From her point of view she only tried to correct something that absolutely HAD to be corrected. It was like a case of self-defense, where she only tried to protect something she already had.

Our hero trio, on the other hand, knew exactly and beyond any doubt that what they were doing was illegal. So, with the heros knowing that and with Ginny possibly believing that what she was doing was entirely morally justified and possibly even perfectly legal, your argument of her being punished for doing something illegal, while the heros don't seem to deserve any punishment, seems a little self-righteous, doesn't it. Because, face it, the reason why Ginny's punishment is justified to you, is because you wanted her to be punished for one reason or another, possibly because you don't like Ginny in general or because you don't like this version of her in particular. Neither justifies punishment. And, as far as we can know, based on what you told us, neither makes Ginny's actions more illegal or immoral from her point of view than the trio's actions are from their point of view.

And let's not forget one thing: Our heros tortured Snape and Macnair. There is no way to argue that this was necessary in either case, like you could argue that killing the Death Eaters was necessary to prevent another war or crimes. The torture served no purpose that was necessary for anything. Snape and Macnair could both have been killed painlessly without making another war or crimes more likely. That torture was completely legally unjustifiable and therefore probably far more illegal than what Ginny tried to do.
Jeff chapter 49 . 12/15/2020
Judging by your disclaimer, you have misunderstood how the Elder Wand changes masters:

Being killed is irrelevant, if you you had planned to die, because the only thing important to the wand is that the old master gets defeated by someone else who then becomes the new master.

That's why in canon Snape, who killed Dumbledore, did not become the wand's new master, because Dumbledore had planned to get killed by Snape, so he wasn't defeated by Snape by any measure. Instead, Draco Malfoy became the new master, because he disarmed Dumbledore, which was a victory of sorts, because Dumbledore had not planned for that to happen.

Therefore Harry getting "killed" by Voldemort (and it is very debatable whether Harry was killed there at all or not) is irrelevant, because Harry planned to get killed by Voldemort at that time and place. If anything, that was a victory for Harry, not for Voldemort. Therefore no reason at all for the wand to switch allegiance.

The only reason why the Elder Wand is also called the "Deathstick" is because it indirectly caused most of its masters to get killed by people who wanted the wand for themselves. It may have typically gotten new masters that way. But that does not make the previous master's death a requirement or anything.
The Shadows Mistress chapter 19 . 12/14/2020
apparently date rape is an approved of way to get a mate in the magical world, who knew
The Shadows Mistress chapter 9 . 12/14/2020
my guardians would flip their shit but eventually get over it. i imagine Hermione poor mom was just overwhelmed with the hole thing.
The Shadows Mistress chapter 6 . 12/14/2020
because HP has to die as a martyr even in cannon he has to be a good sheep to take a bullet in the mouth without complaining. and because he was abused by both the magical and non-magical world he doesn't consider his life worth much. in fact he is more or less passively suicidal through out most of the books
Noy chapter 29 . 12/11/2020
In the end, your main characters are not that different from Dumbledore : they are okay with hurting innocent people in the name of a greater cause.
You could argue that they are less extreme than the headmaster but then they are only teenagers, let them act like that for a few decades and they will be as morally bankrupt as him if not worst.
Noy chapter 25 . 12/11/2020
Mmh... I'm a little disappointed in how you handled the quidditch trials.
You kinda cheated here with Peakes who out of nowhere became an excellent keeper. How convenient...
It would have feel more real if the team have decided to take someone bad over Cormac and Ron because those two are so unpleasant and the rest of the team would prefer to lower their chances to win the Quidditch's cup over playing with them instead of having a miraculous other good keeper appear and resolving the situation. It felt pretty artificial to me.
eeveejacob chapter 16 . 12/6/2020
Ooh, I'm loving it and I loved Harry giving this dressing down!
And yeah, Molly's a bitch, Ron's an utter prat, Ginny's not only a brat, but a fangirl, Remu's so desperate to fight his wolf that he becomes too submissive to stand up for who matters when he should.
Sextant chapter 7 . 12/5/2020
Why are there so many long A/N's? Great story but the notes are killing the word count.
Guest chapter 45 . 12/1/2020
Rowling herself is the one who wrote Ron or MoRon.

Redeem a character? It can be done. Anyone can be redeemed IF YOU START EARLY ENOUGH!

TOM could be done, but in his case I think you should start before he is one year old.

Ron was redeemed by Millicent of all people in one fic. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER by RobSt.
Freddie Rindklip chapter 46 . 11/27/2020
Hi. I see you are defensive regarding how you feel about Ron. You have the right to what you believe. I have the right to skip over those parts.
I just finished Chapter 46. There is no way I would get that far into a fic if I was not enjoying it. Thank you for writing.
Guest chapter 43 . 11/24/2020
I thought Wendelin the Weird was a gal...?

No matter. Great work, keep it up.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 50 . 11/24/2020
This story was totally awesome! I have two questions though one did Neville ever get a wand that suited him, and the other which you may just answer or you can even make a travel or one shot out of it possibly did Dobby and either of the other elves or both maybe he pulled a page out of Harry's book did they get together were there any elf babies like that we were really cool too.?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 47 . 11/24/2020
I know there's only a couple chapters left in Harry probably already thought of a solution but I had a question cuz I'm a little confused. One of the heists that the trio pulled off they used to charm or a ward to put everyone in the house asleep I think it had a couple people and maybe a house elf or two possibly, the Notts? so there were at least three but possibly as many as five living creatures that they put to sleep long enough to do their whole stealing everything bit, so the house that they were looking at that had seven people in it is more but why didn't they think of using that same spell to put everyone to sleep it doesn't matter if they're already asleep or if they're awake it'll put them to sleep they can do their job but they didn't even consider it even though they had used it before they're like oh no we can't do it hence why I am very confused. Was this just them being forgetful was it the author, no offense, being a forgetful like what happened?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 46 . 11/24/2020
Is it bad of me to hope that they can't reattach or regrow his man parts?
6,693 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »