Reviews for Faery Heroes
jdboss1 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Brilliant start hopefully this will be a brilliant story

good pairing good setup

( personally were competent leaders on both sides I would expect magic to win instantaneously)

But wizards have proven to be stupid and incompetent as such non-magical is will win every time

If I was a wizard and had a small group of followers I believe I could easily subvert any non-magical government and have them as my blind puppets that much effort no need for war if you control them

the problem with armies is a always and lead talk out the leader and the next leader and so forth and the Army will go nowhere soldiers want paying kill the banker they go home and get jobs some warehouse soldiers are just a job

Only those people who are passionate at the one seller had to fight small gorilla groups I nightmare to flush out

Week one

persuaded first-generation students to give up magical sequence to the government of Great Britain and use that information a tactical air strike on all known locations followed up by ground troops I would expect this to account for 95% of success as soon as the wizards are aware and the week have been purchased the strong survivors will have decent shielding spell permanently enchanted to remain present the only way non-mantises can win is by this surprise
starboy454 chapter 2 . 6/27/2012
excellent update
Paladeus chapter 2 . 6/27/2012
Hidy hidy,

Likes:

Glad to see Harry working to get more out of his investment with the twins. If he was provided ALL the start-up costs, then it makes sense he may get so much, but generally speaking, just for that, he WAS asking for an awful lot out of them at forty percent. Still, they couldn't do ANYTHING otherwise.

I was also glad to see that Harry wasn't going to let them make love potions to sell (I still have to wonder how that was not something that shut them down since they are illegal. Maybe a compulsion to kiss someone, perhaps, but love potion? They should have gone straight to Azkaban.)

I was happy to see both Dobby and Winky get taken on as Harry's elves. And I can't see Hermione really being upset about it when they'll need the help and can't honestly be expected to leave school any time they need to do something without a viable method for not getting in trouble when doing so.

Dislikes:

Review Replies - FFN is cracking down on everything, as you know, so you may wanna remove those since they're officially against the rules anyway. Especially if you've ever said anything in a forum about the policy enforcements in case they check your profile for anything out of spite.

Chapter length was a bit of a disappointment.

Adieu,

Paladeus
AlaskanKing chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Good chapter. I totally agree with you about the money.

In the first book, Harry spent 11 sickles and got a huge amount of candy. In the second book, the Weasley vault had a small pile of sickles and only 1 lonely Galleon, but that paid for all the school supplies for 5 kids.

Not to mention that the Twins were able to take a thousand Galleons and set up a shop in Diagon Alley.
god of all chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Really good. I do like your money conversion. It makes a lot of sense.
chandra4u chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
nice story
alix33 chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
"Winky and Dobby! We traveled in time, so they're still alive! Both elves had died in the Battle of Hogwarts in the old timeline, but that was not going to happen now. They would live for much longer and be much happier, he would make sure of it." - Yay! for Dobby and Winky's survival, I say, as a huge fan of Dobby.

"If you weren't so happy working here, I'd steal you away in an instant." "Harry Potter sir wants Dobby to be his elf?" This thought had Dobby's ears perk up, "Dobby is being very happy to be Master Harry Potter sir's elf!" His little friend's enthusiasm brought a smile to his face. "I'm happy you're happy. There's just one problem, I don't know how to take on a house-elf. Is there some ritual or oath we need to go through?" "No, Master Harry Potter sir. Master Harry Potter sir said he wanted to have Dobby as his elf, and Dobby wanted to be his elf. Now Dobby is Master Harry Potter sir's elf!" - AW!

"Harry stood where he was for several minutes before he made his way from the corridor. He needed to hear someone speak in an understandable manner to get Dobby's peculiar speech out of his head." - Hehehe.

"Rowling said that a galleon was equivalent to five pounds; she also said she was bad at math." - The bad at math thing I can believe, since she also gave magical and muggle prices for "Quidditch through the ages" and "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" that suggest a totally different conversion rate for galleons, sickles and knuts respectively.
apAidan chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
it says something about Harry's state of mind if he's seeking out Fred and George for normal conversation.

I think the concept of Harry and the hospital wing comes from the fact while he wasn't really constantly there, it was usually very dramatic when he was. And that made a bigger impression. Quite a number of his visits were following something very traumatic, and dramatic, and some of the others played out in front of most of the school.

Also, I think Poppy really liked him, so that led to the permanently assigned bed mythos.

Nice touch with the twins. Too many people either have the twins as certified genius, along with being certifiable, who were totally clueless to what others in their family were doing, or as sadistic bullies who masked their cruelty as pranking. I think you've got them in sort of a middle ground, and Harry's working with them but still keeping an eye on them because if they're half as savvy as they would have to be, they had to have some sort of clue as to what was going on. A good portion of the reason for their success is their ability to read people.

Looking forward to the reunion in the next installment, though I'm wondering if Harry's going to own up to the elf business before or after his first snog / romp in the hay with Hermione.

apAidan
The Dain chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
How could the twins possibly earn back their invested money quickly enough for Harry to consider them a goldmine - in a time of civil war? It's one thing for them to be successful with their business in book six (before presumably being forced to go on the run in the seventh), but it's a bit of a stretch for them to become outright financiers for anything Harry plans to do (except in the extreme long term). They're newly started out shop owners, not industry tycoons.
southern-reader chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Good start.

I always thought that Voldie couldn't make any more anchors though. He was supposedly maxed out.

Anyway, not sure how many times Harry was in the tender care of Poppy. Frankly, I loathe her. There is no way she DIDN'T know about Harry being mistreated, yet did nothing.
sallymae53 chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Very nice honey keep it up
Crossoverpairinglover chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Is this just going to be Harry-Hermione-Luna?
Dll chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Interesting start to a time travel story.

Your faeries aren't related to the ones in "The Dresden Files", right?
god of all chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
6,703 | « Prev Page 1 .. 436 443 444 445 446 447 Next »