Reviews for Princess of the Blacks
kenbre chapter 35 . 8/27
I know its been a bit since you updated but i would love to read more
Lyta Halifax chapter 23 . 8/22
Gah!

I want that dragonskin duster! Nao nao nao! Mine mine mine!

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying reading this. Jen may come off Mary Sueish at times, but shes one of the best I've ever read.
Lyta Halifax chapter 1 . 8/20
Gonna be brutally honest: Usually these "Harry is pissed, precious and powerful" usually make me roll my eyes nad keep looking elsewhere, but this one has really caught my fancy. The writing itself is good, and I find the method of Jennifer's rise to power unique and well thought out. I mean, lets be honest, it is a guilty pleasure to see all the darlings taken down a peg, but at the same time, she's not an irredeemable bitch, and didn't start off her term at Hogwarts by walking up to Dumbledore and kicking him in the dick, so that's endeared the story to me, if nothing else. :-)
Sunshine011 chapter 35 . 7/28
I gotta admit I'm gonna miss Jen and Krum, I really enjoyed at pairing but can't wait to start the sequel! Yay!
Sunshine011 chapter 25 . 7/28
Okay, I just have to say you know when Danny threw that gas at Jen and she had to hold her breath? I started holding my breath too. That's when I realized how involved I am with your characters.
thehelpinghand chapter 35 . 7/23
so normally i would pass straight over a story like this (in fact i actually have passed over this story numurous times) however you were recommended in another story was reading so i began reading this story without looking to the summary. when i do this i normally give the first two chapters a chance (unless it is deploringly terribly). as you can tell by the fact i am sending this review on the last chapter - i liked it. it was different, yet not as dark or completely out the box as other stories i have read. i look forward to seeing how the story progresses in Black Princess Ascendant
Really, I've been trying my hardest to read this. Everything is written really well, but Jen is such a fucking Mary Sue. Like Jesus Christ, tone it down a bit. Actually, tone it down a lot.
its88notthathard chapter 35 . 7/2
How does Jen train under Elsie and work at Candyland at the same time? Elsie finds her shortly after the rape scene, did Elsie let Jen stay at Candyland? Elsie mentions Jen's career at least once at the nude ritual part.
Simianpower chapter 35 . 6/15
Very well written. Nice job. Looking forward to the next one.

It's unfortunate that Jen didn't think of the portkey a bit earlier, though, eh? It was the first thing I thought of when she landed, especially after Cedric ported out. It was a large elephant in the room, and since she's so quick most of the time it was a bit out of character for her NOT to remember it. Plot required she forget it, though, and while I do understand that I really REALLY hate it when authors force their characters to be dumber than they are just for a "necessary" plot point. There were ways to write this that would not have required her to be stupid, such as Barty having a clear shot earlier. It would have taken away a few good scenes from the story, but with the payoff being you didn't betray your character. Just my $0.02. As I said, though, great story even despite this paragraph.
Simianpower chapter 26 . 6/15
Two questions: Why did Pomphrey not notice Jen's empty core during any of her prior treatments, such as after the first task? And why is Dumbledore not even a little bit worried that he outright destroyed what he thinks is a unique magical focus belonging to the heir of an Ancient house? Even he's not that hubristic to think that there would be no consequences to destroying a house heirloom that he stole publicly.
Simianpower chapter 25 . 6/15
Wait, so suddenly Danny IS a junior champion? Last time he was a senior one. Continuity problem here.
Simianpower chapter 16 . 6/15
If Jen can see magic, like the oath from the cup and Dumbledore's legilimency and "Moody's" eye, then why can't she see that he's under polyjuice? Why can't she see that Barty is under imperious? It just seems inconsistent. She can even see that Hagrid doesn't use magic much and is part-human, which are both far more subtle than being under an active enchantment.
Simianpower chapter 6 . 6/15
I actually was expecting her to get some sort of dummy wand as a prop, something that may have looked intimidating but didn't do anything. Maybe even one that lacked a core entirely, something carved up as an artistic piece rather than a "real" wand. I never expected her to get any kind of amplifier or focus since it's been absolutely clear that she needs no such thing.
Simianpower chapter 3 . 6/14
Thanks for your A/N about Occlumency! That's my biggest pet peeve with it, too. It's the do-everything McGuffin! Ugh! I'd far prefer that people use it as a PIECE in an entire system of mind magic, rather than the entirety, and that it take more than, say, a few hours with a good teacher to learn. Meditation, attack/defense (occlumency/legilimency), recall, organization, multiple thought threads, self-analysis, there are all kinds of magics that could be part of an interesting branch of magic, but making occlumency ALL of them is ridiculous.
Lahmikhara chapter 35 . 6/11
Wow I really enjoyed this story. A lot more then I expected going by the summary. Jen is definitely one of the best developed OC's I've seen in a long while. Great job. Going to have to cut this review short though since I'm typing agonizingly slow due to a broken hand... it's rather annoying :-P

Moving on to the sequel now!

Sincerely,