Reviews for Princess of the Blacks
PhaedraZev chapter 3 . 3/28
Wow. That "they're not children, they're muggles" comment really is a slap in the face. Yet, sadly, I'm more disturbed that Andromeda and Dora found ways to laugh it off.
Question, does Jenny continue to wear a blindfold? Only asking because the others were quick to think "bellatrix" so I wasn't sure if her eyes are exposed or not.
PhaedraZev chapter 2 . 3/28
OH MY GOD!
Sirius is going to kill her.
PhaedraZev chapter 1 . 3/28
Alright, before I read this, just wanna say that I appreciate how you've worded the warning. I've been mentally scarred from reading stories with pedophilia and realizing at the end that the rapists got away with it. Having the warning ahead of time helps A LOT. As does saying that the acts will be off-screen (as someone who visualizes what I read, that's an extra layer of trauma.) I'm not entirely sure if I should read this. I love Spells in Silence and this is a long, completed work. So I'm going to give this a try and back out if needed, as you suggested. And, thank you so much for the warning. And now to read this chapter.

...Lily and James needs the shit beat out of them. First off, who abandons a TODDLER for not using magic? Second, who doesn't check up on their child for TWELVE YEARS! If those two EVER try to make contact with Jenny, they ought to be blasted to oblivion. Though I wonder why she never got an owl?
Rabcor chapter 28 . 3/3
I'm not really digging her being bi, i only really started reading it cuz the second book was tagged with a relationship with luna, and i remember it was implied in earlier chapters quite heavily that she was gay, not bi, her being bi was only mentioned recently.

But i don't like seeing our protagonist fucking around with boys. I can tell it's supposed to be self-destructive behavior at least the one time she's already done it so far, so I can see why you're doing it...

And her interactions with Viktor certainly seem headed in that direction too.

But this scene last chapter made me consider dropping the story, so I skipped ahead to book 2 and instead of finding any relations with Luna in the chapters I checked I just saw her making it with yet another dude.

It was fun so far but this story isn't for me it seems.
Rabcor chapter 9 . 3/2
"Jen was incapable of halting the chuckles that broke through. "Me, Sirius's daughter? Oh, thank the Baron that isn't true. I'd be a complete wreck.""

Hmm, I doubt she'd be as much of a wreck as she already is though, I'm just waiting for the chapter when her facade drops...
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 1 . 2/2
Though that warning kinda scares me, but hey cudos to the author, that is an extremely upfront and well written warning, and probably turns a lot of potential readers away, ima give it a shot, and if it’s to much for me, I will leave this story with no bad feelings towards the story or author.
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 1 . 2/2
Well that top reviews excites me, laughing is a top notch recommendation, almost crying (and not because of godawful dialogue or horrible character development) is almost a better one.
SignDowny chapter 35 . 1/28
I love this story. You did an amazing job with it. I laughed, I almost cried a little but most of all, I really enjoyed spending time reading this story.
I have read a few stories where there are potter twins, some were bad but yours was simply the best of them.
On to the next I go.
SamTheSlytherin42 chapter 15 . 1/27
How can she see colours
KongoBongo chapter 26 . 1/20
Hellraiser of course, looking forward to more
KongoBongo chapter 20 . 1/20
brilliant story
abuduu chapter 8 . 12/19/2021
rereading this again. Best fanfiction there is. But to nitpick about something, you mention in this chapter when Jen is preparing the spell in the train about steel and wood. And how steel contains enough iron to disperse some of the magic. By definition, steel is iron with carbon content less than two percent, making it possible to quench it in metallurgy. In a sentence, steel is almost pure iron (Fe).
AMortePerpetuaLiberaNos chapter 12 . 11/24/2021
This is story is very well written and I do not have a problem with the fact that specifc themes are explored here, but I want to ask: Why?
Why did Jen willingly stay at the brothel? She even helped the owner? WTF!
Don't tell me she enjoyed being raped. That is just sick. Even if she did, she directly condoned the sexual mistreatment of other children and ensured that they would remain there. Holy shit.
It would have been easy to charm the owner into letting them go or even doing nothing when the police showed up. Instead she deleted their memories.
That makes her a irredeemably bad person in my opinion which (I guess) is what you are going for.
DarkRavie chapter 35 . 10/21/2021
sirenensang chapter 34 . 10/5/2021
i totally fucking forgot about that portkey around her neck jesus fucking christ.
This was really good cinema, i was hanging on the edge of my seat! This rules, i'm so glad i gave this a chance.
2,322 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »