Reviews for Princess of the Blacks
samaritan17 chapter 22 . 4/19/2023
I'm going to stop here (at the end of chapter 21). I really enjoyed Spells in Silence and Faery Heroes and I really like your writing style. However, with this story I've found myself speedreading a few upcoming chapters and just getting the bare bones of the plot. This tells me that this story/series is really not for me.
SheWhoLivesInHell chapter 35 . 3/4/2023
I reread this series at least once every year, it's so wonderfully written.
Jayswing103 chapter 6 . 2/23/2023
I figured she'd just get a fake wand and pretend like she was using one while actually using wandless magic.
J chapter 31 . 2/4/2023
Good
Big.Daddy.Dudders chapter 6 . 1/27/2023
I can already tell I’m not gonna enjoy the length of this story. I hope the ending is better than the last one i read all well.
Big.Daddy.Dudders chapter 3 . 1/27/2023
The sonar idea is great and it somewhat applies to real life. There’s actually a guy who teaches blind people to ride bikes using echolocation which is essentially sonar.
Big.Daddy.Dudders chapter 2 . 1/27/2023
I’m surprised. I went from one story of yours to another and only realized because of the disclaimer. Tbh I skimmed the first part and probably shouldn’t have but the last half was good anyways.
abuduu chapter 1 . 1/5/2023
Rereading for the thousand time this piece of gold. Can't wait for your next story to be completed so I can binge read it... :D Thank you a thousand time for writing these! Best of the best to you!
Melixa70 chapter 35 . 12/1/2022
Gwest chapter 30 . 9/10/2022
"Was it Harry who suggested that he and Cedric take the Triwizard Cup together for a "Hogwarts victory" rather than the member of the "house of loyalty"?" Well, Moody probably compelled him not to win...
Gwest chapter 29 . 9/10/2022
"The change was minor, the world a dark grey rather than black" - I doubt it. If damage to her eyes is surface only, she should have always been able to perceive light, if only bright. (After all, the damaged layer will be no less transparent than eyelids.) What you should have written is Jen starting to perceive _direction_ of light sources.
Gwest chapter 23 . 9/10/2022
"Is the Wizarding World an extremely conservative society that also appears to be entirely atheist?" - That it is! But unlike us Muggles, the wizard have an objectively existing, impersonal force, namely magic. There's no need to invent gods. Well, the druids apparently did, but just as scientific and industrial revolutions made us Muggles comfortable and complacent and only nominally religious (perfunctorily going to places of worship once in a blue moon, celebrating a few religious holidays as an excuse to interact with friends or strangers...), the standardized wand magic and formal education did the same in the wizarding world centuries ago. Nothing fundamentally changed there for centuries. Oh, there were a few spells and potions invented, and various self-destructive cults came and went (like blood purism apparently is), but...
wierdscience13 chapter 5 . 8/30/2022
Over of the worst things an author can do is put review responses and overly long authors notes on every chapter

Notes should be unnecessary if the story is well written and responses should be to the individual and not inflating the word count
Ambrosia chapter 35 . 8/10/2022
Thank you for the read, I enjoyed Jen's story a lot
Old Diggy chapter 35 . 7/11/2022
"It's a good thing that extra-marital partners are practically expected for those of us in arranged marriages, isn't it?"
_
I REALLY hope this is just one of those things you wanted to point out and that it's not actually going to be something that happens. The future books are marked as just Jen/Luna which is the only reason I kept reading after the unplanned Viktor/Jen subplot. If you do plan on making Luna just a side thing because politics, I'm just going to stop reading because it was honestly my biggest fear when you said she was Bi and then had her show no interest in girls outside of once or twice and references to her past with Narcissa.

Even if it's politics, I really don't want Luna to just be a side thing or a part of some three-way relationship (something I feel like Luna wouldn't appreciate, especially since she at least seems to be lesbian and not Bi).
2,368 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »