Reviews for Princess of the Blacks
Halloween Spirit chapter 26 . 6/9/2021
The more I read about Albius trying to stop this prophecy from happening. The more I find myself thinking he is going to be the force that pushes Jen to the thing he fears her becoming or truly becoming. Also loving the story and the characters it's all very entertaining.
megagnura chapter 22 . 6/8/2021
With regards to the rune choices, I am not invested enough to independently research their meanings, I would gladly read about Jen's reasons for choosing them.
EmberQuill chapter 1 . 6/6/2021
Apparently I've already read this story too. It's been five and a half years, so I guess I forgot, but still. In 2015 I read this and I'm rereading it now and somehow ended up wanting to review the exact same chapter that I reviewed back then, chapter 26. All because I wanted to yell "you goddamned idiot!" at Dumbledore for that one single line of the prophecy that you mentioned. "Knowing only hate and cruelty." GEE I WONDER WHY. I WONDER IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER WAYS TO INTERPRET THAT PHRASE.

I have a pretty bad memory, so I don't really recall anything about this story as I reread it, and I'm enjoying reading it again without knowing what's coming next. And I look forward to reading the rest of the series, considering I think you were still working on the third story when I read this the first time, so I definitely haven't finished the series yet. I'll probably check out your other fics too. I really like your take on the wizarding world in general.
CoralFlower ao3 chapter 5 . 6/1/2021
re: the voice jen hears when reading books and such

im picturing what she would hear if two assistants worked together to typeset a page that was printed using a press. what if one put the whole page in and the other checked for and fixed any errors? if the first made a mistake in a word and the second had to replace 2 letters, would jen hear part of the word in one voice and the rest in the other? thats funny to me for some reason
glowdust3 chapter 35 . 5/31/2021
I like how this story contains a self fulfilling prophesy to counter Dumbledore in an analogous way as was done for Voldemort.
SheWhoLivesInHell chapter 18 . 5/24/2021
I have to ask, it was mentioned here that she could throw off the imperius. earlier, and throughout the fic, she's clearly extremely weak against all other magical that affect her. why isn't the imperius the same?
Guest chapter 14 . 5/13/2021
"However this year you have a third option. Tell me, Miss Black, have you considered participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament?"
LMAO, Luna strikes again!
APOLOGIZE for doubting her Jen.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/13/2021
This might be the first HP fanfic I've ever read that featured Susan Bones where she isn't best pals with Hannah Abbott
dragonblade3200 chapter 35 . 5/10/2021
Ah, nothing like coming back to an old classic to cleanse the palette after reading quite a few new and interesting stories. Actually just read Spells in Silence for the first time too. I have been on a bit of a Fem!Harry kick lately. Gryffindor's Girl, Certain Dark Things, Spells in Silence, and to top it off I thought I would reread The Black Queen series, or however it is called.
Guest chapter 35 . 5/10/2021
Love it
Guest chapter 4 . 5/9/2021
Still my favorite fic.
3x rereading this
Kurojistou chapter 16 . 5/5/2021
I just wanted to say thank you. You provided that a bit of information about rape victims who developed strange tendencies at the bottom and without saying too much you validated that what I was doing and experiencing was normal...thank you
aalens chapter 21 . 5/5/2021
The worst thing about putting Jen with another family is that they never checked on her. What?!
However much they thought she would have a better life as a muggle, I cannot imagine a mother who now wishes to have her back—and assuming, perhaps wrongly, that the reason is that she has motherly feelings for her—never checked how she was or never apparently wanted to see her again as she was a squib.
BTW, I take it that in this fic Moody is in fact Moody?
aalens chapter 15 . 5/5/2021
After Jen’s strongly magical demolishment of James in a previous chapter I’ve been waiting to hear—preferably at length—what has being going through his mind since then? Is he still somehow clinging to the belief that she is a squib? Did he listen when Sirius told him something of her fate in being given to Petunia? Have both James and Lily been confronted with even an inkling of the harm they have done? Also has Dan been told that she is his sister?
aalens chapter 8 . 5/5/2021
You mentioned that if you used an American word then to point it out to you. The only only one I’ve noticed so far is ‘candy’, an English person would call it sweets. We reserve the word candy for a particular type of sweet. I’m still greatly enjoying this story, so many thanks for that.
2,322 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »