Reviews for Princess of the Blacks
Zasha the Cat chapter 25 . 11/5/2020
I feel like Fleur would probably address Jen as “tu”, not “vousvous is a sign of respect (or plural). Also, since I don’t think I’ve reviewed yet, this is awesome. This is a great fic. To anyone looking at the reviews and wondering if they should bother reading this, definitely read it, it’s very good.
FireFrost076 chapter 35 . 11/1/2020
Man, your Dumbledore is really well written to piss me off. That being said... I FINALLY FINISHED BOOK 1! Super psyched to continue. Luna and Snape are my number one characters to look out for as I continue (besides Jen, obv) and I'm definitely on my toes for the whole "green eye reveal". Sirius accepting Jen as she is was very wholesome and seemed in character. I wonder if she'll let her family know about her core-having a "trusted family physician" treat her injuries would be way too simple. Gosh, I'd also love for Jen to meet Xeno. Onto book 2!
FireFrost076 chapter 28 . 10/31/2020
God I can't wait for Dumbledore to get his comeuppance
FireFrost076 chapter 7 . 10/29/2020
I just want to say, I am absolutely looking forward to Jen's first impressions of peers/teachers/coursework. Tracey Davis is already a gem!
FireFrost076 chapter 6 . 10/29/2020
Honestly, I thought she'd just carry around a stick to blend in. I did not expect the wand to incinerate though!
FireFrost076 chapter 4 . 10/29/2020
Thanks for writing out the severe drawbacks of Jen's magical abilities in your review response, really makes things more highstake even though she's gifted.
FireFrost076 chapter 3 . 10/29/2020
Remus/Tonks just got THAT much more interesting and honestly, I'm supportive.
FireFrost076 chapter 1 . 10/29/2020
Alrighty, here we go... Seems like this series will be quite the trip. Def looking forward to it. (This fic was recommended by AndrewWolfe after a bunch of warnings and disclaimers about dark themes, which I can see were entirely warranted)
Fairy King Oberon chapter 23 . 10/25/2020
an imposter? Narcissa is acting sus, vote her out!
Fairy King Oberon chapter 17 . 10/24/2020
actually you might want to edit your disclaimer because Madame Maxime did call harry out as a liar with Karkoroff agreeing quickly.
BlackStarMage chapter 1 . 10/22/2020
I have to admit, this is certainly the most... unique start to a harry potter fanfiction I've read. I'm looking forward too seeing where this goes.
Advena Phillips chapter 17 . 9/27/2020
Marshmallowmann, thank you for those three 100% necessary reviews of this series. Nice to see people still can't comprehend "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

If you're anything like how you read, your a pompous prick who acts like he's doing the world a public service by dunking on fanfiction all because it doesn't fit within your narrow view of what a story should be. Fun fact! Superman's a really over powered character! Massively overpowered, in fact! And he has less weaknesses than Jen does! He's literally a male power fantasy. But do you know why he works? Because of how the comics portray him. Jen is in much the same way. The narrative isn't about grand fights, even if it does have them at times. It's about Jen and her relationships and her dealing with people making her life hell, not all of which she can deal with by stabbing it really hard (even if she might like that).

You also have no concept of what a Mary Sue is, you insufferable dickhead. A Mary Sue is a character who bends the story around her. Bends the universe arounds her. Everyone loves her and everyone who hate her are evil-wrong-stupid. That isn't Jen. She gets fucked up and fucked over and proven wrong and loses people she loves all because of who she is without them being portrayed negatively. Get over yourself, you bitter angry creature.

And keep up the beautiful work, Silently Watches!
Marshmallowmann chapter 7 . 9/20/2020
assaulting a respected pure blood member in a public space from behind? that's a 1 year sentence in Askaban jenny. Guess we'll see you in year 5.
Marshmallowmann chapter 4 . 9/20/2020
ah yes ofc. shapeshifter and scrying too. i do hope the cringe ends here. massive mary sue alert ladies and gentlemen. i hope this story stops with the massive cringe factors soon. this came recommended by a far better author and I'll give the next chapters a chance.

i usually focus on the positive aspects of stories and your while it's written well the 'Jen' character sounds like a harry potter fan's version of a crippled feminist power fantasy. but hey it's 2020 so you should forward this to Netflix probably
Marshmallowmann chapter 2 . 9/19/2020
ah yes. a completely overpowered female child that ofc also has legilimancy powers. oh and wandless magic too. and survived some random ritual nobody ever heard of. and she's blind for no reason but sees everything around her anyway. and can feel magic. and ofc has dirt on rich purebloods.

that's right ladies and gentlemen. we're going full CRINGE in this story apparently.
2,325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »