Reviews for AlQāhira
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I really liked the ending of your story, especially the line about Nassor being jealous of Rishid, and how he wants to go back to the outside world. It brings everything back around to how strict he is about his children never leaving their home-really, what jump-started Marik's awakening in the first place... I also thought Panya was very clever there at the end! xD Good job, and thank you for writing this!
OxEyed chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I'm enjoying all these backstories people are coming up with! I liked that this added a bit of mystery to Nassor's character, especially as a young man. It seems like Panya follows him for her own sake more than for love of him, which is a nice twist on the whole "running away together" story that this is framed as. Nice work!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
THE NAMES! :DDDD It made me smile to see them again, thank you for using them!

I really liked the storytelling vibe to this, it gave so much more insight into Mrs. Ishtar's character. Little details like her eyesight and descriptions of the capital and the desert brought the story to life, and the way you closed it out gave it a dash of realism. I could really see this story happening. Good job on this, and keep it up! :)

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
yllimilly chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Finally someone found out why Father Ishtar was so unnaturally disdainful of Rishid! I love you incorporated the little guy in your entry, we tend to play him down just because of Malik and Isis' more important official status, but in truth he is the one who spent the most time with the Ishtar parents, and he is likely to have had the greatest effect on their marital and daily life.

I also loved how you gave Mother Ishtar a voice in this, giving her a chance to recollect her thoughts and make sense of her own story.

Great job on this!