Reviews for Recognition
twlightbella chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Aww cute Father's Day
luvgoround chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Love it. Reminds of when we taught our daughter to ride a bike, and come to think of it, how to ice skate. Very special story. Love all the daddy moments and the mommy and daddy later to come..
IsabellaDownton chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was a nice, and rather touching, story.I think it is always nice to see Matthew and Mary together, with kids. This was a sweet story-well done! And by the way, I take that it that Bobby was short for Robert?
Chickwriter chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
"I have a go..." Oh, I love this world so much... and I love these children. Distinct voices, wonderful, REAL charm, and BICYCLE. Oh, that Matthew had that lovely memory of that feeling, of his own father.

And Cousin Rosa :D Of course, she's instigating :D Well done! Can't wait for a Catherine fic (HINT)
Kavan chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Well I loved it! You really should write a ATiL sequel because the kids are turning into characters I follow with great interest.

Bel and Matthew having a special bond. Yes. They have from minute one. And I totally buy as they get older if the kids want something from Papa, Mabel will be the one to get it. That girl has so much of her dad in her.

Catherine-Since you've written a Mabel sequel and now a Bobby sequel... I need the next one to be about Catherine. She too is emerging as quite unique. I like how she's always supportive and clearly sort of in awe of Mabel and yet squabbles a bit with Bobby (who also we know squabbles with Mabel). She seems so quiet and shy and yet interesting. I'm thinking Catherine might be to Mary what Mabel is to Matthew.

Bobby-Well he's the cute. Him sitting there on the settee all nervous and saying, "I hope so." His nodding at Matthew being the best papa ever, sniff. The kid has charm to spare. And I loved him telling Mary "I did it Mama!" Hasn't every kid had that moment. And he's like Mama falling for the lower classes.

Matthew-It's always been odd to me the show never really defined Reginald. I suppose the focus is Robert/Matthew but its nice to have nuggets of insight into Matthew and his dad. And that moment when you say/do something your parent taught you years ago-heartbreaking. And Matthew is still so dotty about Mary him fetching her letter, was a nice throwback to him fetching her that water her wedding night. He clearly just adores Mary and enjoys doing things for her. Best. Husband. Ever.

Mary-Classic that Mary now does not want another portrait until Lucy is older-she's learned from her mistake in Portrait of an Earl.

Just write a sequel. I love these characters and their gentle struggles and experiences.
Willa Dedalus chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
They should wait for another painting because heaven knows they need more of the cutest children ever! Oh Papa and Mama Matthew and Mary you are ever so special. With the addition of Lucy there is yet another Crawley women who adores Matthew all is right with the world! I enjoyed the connection to Matthew's bicycle that teaching his own son brought out memories of his father too. I wish we knew more about Matthew's father so that was a nice connection that only added to the glee of his silly contraption returning!
MM4Life chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Ugh just write ATiL all the time. Don't write anything else. Just write their life story. Love it.
Maureen chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I love your ATL stories. The children are just so precious. Mary and Matthew have an amazing family. It is wonderful to see Mary and Matthew still very much in love with each other.

Maureen
jupisan chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
it was worth the wait.

Robbie 1st kiss was so sweet.

Love the fact the fact that he got his bike back and getting his son to ride with him was just joy.
Lia06 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This is utterly adorable! I love it. Thanks for sharing.
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
brilliant! would love to read a prequel. :-D
Rilkelover chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Well, thank you again and again for sharing these enchanting little bits of exceptionally well written family-fluff with us. And thank you ever so much for writing many more of those... ;-)
simplysunrise chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Oh I love it! I love absolutely everything and anything related to ATiL, I miss it so much! This was so wonderful on so many levels, it fills my heart with joy! :') I love little Bobby, I felt so bad for him when all of his sisters were taking Matthew's attention at the beginning - but then, all was resolved! Matthew and mini-Matthew, oh they're such a pair! I love it, amazing writing once again. :)
Pemonynen chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
FLAILING. SO MUCH FLAILING. I CANNOT EVEN MAKE WORDS.

Bobby in love! And Matthew cherishing Lucy because he doesn't want her to grow up! And Matthew thinking about his father! :( And Mary smacking his bottom! I can understand that. :P AND SO MANY GILBERT BIKE FEELS (I know, I know). And Bobby on the bike! And the girls cheering him on! And the hints of MM hotness...how do you do it? :D Oohh but thinking of Isobel's face seeing Matthew and Bobby riding up to Crawley House together.

I ACTUALLY CANNOT. THIS IS PERFECT.

(So I may have read this when I was in the bank and I may have started grinning like a loon and I may have gotten some funny looks...)
romantichopeless chapter 1 . 6/19/2012