Reviews for Standing Ground
Flockhart chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
This is great! I was hoping someone would write a fanfiction where Martin was like this, thanks!
Zora Arian chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Aww, this the sequel? Wow, when Martin stands up to someone, I believe he'll be someone different, a lot authorative. Don't like Gordon (hell, who in their right mind would?), and so happy that Arthur fought back as well! And Passanger Derby! :3 :DDD
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I can't.

I can physically NOT.

This is so perfect ;_;

Arthur is my favourite person in anything ever and St Pete just about killed me as it was, and this, well...this was so sad but jammit, badass Martin is fantastic! This whole thing is perfectly lovely, thanks very much for sharing it. Okay, now I'm off to find what it was sort of a sequel to. :)
MysticPuma chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Aw :) this is such a nice little fic x Well Done :) x
CatsWhiskers chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Oh, lovely!

I did enjoy this - Martin not realising that he's being brave, Arthur trying to stand up to his Dad - and the awful Mr Shappey getting his come-uppance..
silverempire chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Oh, great, you posted it to FFnet so that I can de-anon and properly review this fanfic.

By the way, I'm the OP who posted this prompt.

I already wrote to you that I liked it. I'm glad that you had something similar on your mind when you read my prompt and I am delighted that you decided to fill it.

The fic is heartbreaking, just as I imagined it would be, and I loved Arthur standing up for himself and denying his being stupid ("I know loads of things" is my favourite sentence ever).

You did a really good job with characterizations, and I appreciated that while being BAMF-y, Martin still manages to stutter a little (that's so him).

Sorry for the long review, but I needed to write something more coherent than exclamation points and words in caps.

Thanks again for writing this, and I will certainly look forward to read more from you.