Reviews for Choices
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Wow. Awesome alternate take on Saavik! Bravo!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
I really enjoyed this. Althiugh I know it isn't considered canon as it wasn't onscreen, I have always loved the novels of 2 and 3 so in my head David and Saavik were lovers and so her hatred of the Klingons over his murder is understandable. This is why I have always wished that they had let it be Saavik in 6 as originally intended - even though I loved her character and wouldn't like the idea of her being a traitor. But...it's better than her just staying on Vulcan for no reason and never being mentioned again. Her being Valeris' puppet master is disturbing but really interesting. Thank you.
Kate
Milton Perry chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Terribly dense and disturbing plot. The Star Trek universe as we know it deserved nothing better that these darkness and revange story about the those most famous outworlder female characters. It always turned me sick watching them in the way canon depicted them in lightest white and darkest black, respectively. Thank you very much for this complex and convincing portrait. Finally, you manage to have some justice done
Silicon2123 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Oh my god, this is the best story I've ever read here. I nearly cried, and I don't cry very often. I can picture this so well in my head, especially when Valeris is pleading with Saavik not to take her away. The ideas in here were clever and well thought out. I love the relationship you gave these two. It's perfect. Saavik just seems like the older sister type, and Valeris, the younger. The last words were fantastic as well. He just doesn't get it. Simply fantastic. I really wish this happened in the movie. You did a great job and you should be very proud of yourself.
fionartan chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
To be perfectly honest... I hated this story. I kept reading in hopes that it would redeem itself before the end, but your portrayal of Saavik was the complete antithesis of the character in the true ST universe. Making her David's lover and betrayer of the Federation (by her actions against the Klingons) was disturbing. Spock was Saavik's world. Her soul-mate. And as far as I know, she never had contact with Valeris. Perhaps I was wrong about that, but I know that Valeris was never on Hellguard and to change Saavik's experiences on that world seem like a complete perversion of Carolyn Clowes work.

On the bright side, it was well written even if I disagreed with the basis for the entire story and the characters within it. Sorry to somewhat attack like this, but you basically destroyed my favorite character in the entire Star Trek universe.
bookwormqueen chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
no offence, but i hate your premise. i *do* love your story, however. you do an excellent job! you even made me believe it! keep up the good work - even if i don't like what you did to my favorite pair. s'ok, i fogive you because you are such a good writer.
Psyfi chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
This was just brilliant! Bravo, bravo!
Taskemus chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
This is a great story, and very touching. I have never really thought about it like that before - that by returning Spock's katra to his body they were also killing the child that could have learned. I liked this story a lot.
hypatia kosh chapter 1 . 8/16/2002
Wow. That was harsh. Kudos to your skills although this Saavik seems to be the Bizarro world counterpart to the one in *my* skull.

Please don't take that as a criticism, though. This story was gripping, moving, very well written and convincing. Good work.
SLWalker chapter 1 . 6/10/2002
I've been trying to review this story for days.

First of all, it's haunting. I think I may have come across is not terribly long ago, and have since re-read it a few times. I had never thought to look at Valeris is that light, though... thank you so much for a different perspective. You took a character that I think was designed to be disliked, and made her into someone we readers *bleed* for.

The way that you fit Saavik, Spock and Pardek together is nothing short of genuis. I would say that for all of her darkness in this piece, Saavik should be unlikeable by the end, but you explain her motivations in a way that makes her easy to sympathize with, no matter the consequences. She's scary, but very real as well.

I can't find a single thing to say against the story. Djinn, you've thoroughly impressed the Hell out of me. ;-)