Reviews for Dear Diary
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Brilliant! And my love of Dominique Weasley increases! That was funny and moody and ... it was like an extract from a normal teenager's diary!
Jess Grape chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Uhh, I loved it, poor Dominique, she had a reaaaallyy bad day :I in another not, well, I wanted to ask you if you let me translate this fic into spanish, of course, all the credits are yours :D
Rose Tylers chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I really enjoyed Dominique's voice. She seems a bit different from mine, but hey! That's the fun of next-gen right? You get to spin it anyway you want! :)
It really bothered me that you bolded the prompts... I thought it unnecessary and messed with the flow. I also noticed a few things here that weren't realistic because they were either to muggle-ish or were American-isms.
But overall it was a nice humorous piece that made me giggle :)
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I liked the diary format of this a lot! The tone was great, and except for the dialogue (people rarely write dialogue in diaries), it really felt like it was being written by a teenage girl (Dominique, specifically ;) )

Two things, though: first, I'm not sure why some words were bolded. At first I thought that they might have been things she scratched out or something, but I really don't know...? Second, the very last line - it doesn't seem likely to me that Dominique would talk about a stereo. Wizards call their radios "wirelesses" in canon (as per the British-ism, I think...?) and it seems unlikely that Dominique would really be familiar with them at all. She's a witch, after all, and comes from a magical family. Muggle-izing the next-gen is kind of my pet peeve, sorry :P

Those two points aside, I really liked this :)
Spiralling-Down chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
OK, can I just say, I'm totally using the expression, "pouring kneazles and crups" in everyday life from now on. That. Was. Gold! Seriously, I fell about laughing at that point. xD And the whole thing about the angels crying was hilarious. I really enjoyed the story. You wrote Dominique very well - I love the kind of sarcastic tone. Oh, and the Molly/Jack Wood thing was interesting too. You did very well on that story anyway, and again, I didn't see any errors, so well done! :)
bluesargent chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I love Dominique! I particularly love this diary format, and the way you wrote the diary - I thought it was really, really great.
I loved the last line so, so much! 'Ugh, I'm so glad it's over. My head's throbbing like a stereo.'
my insides are blue chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Lol, I'm laughing aloud now after reading that.

I loved it actually! It was well-written and I liked how Dom skipped from one subject to another and how her whole day had gone wrong. I loved your characterization of her. She was perfect! And the Molly/Jack addition and Lily Ann Johnson also made me laugh. It was hilarious!

Great job! :D
the lola chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Interesting! I liked this look into Dominiques thoughts. The diary seemed realistic and your emotive language made the emotions very easy to pick up on. Bless, what an awful day!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is a good look at Dominique's thoughts. I like how you included the diary entries within the story. Good job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was really interesting! Poor Dominique, her day really sucked, and I think you showed that very well. All of these things make a lot of sense, and I can picture them happening at Hogwarts. You used the prompts nicely, also, although the fact that they were bolded was rather distracting, because my eyes would automatically go to the bolded words. There were definitely some funny moments in here too, like the part about the fish oil and how Molly might, um FORGET HOW TO TALK or something like that, and basically the whole scene with Lily Ann Johnson, who is seriously one of the most hilarious OCs I've ever read. Overall, great job, I liked this a lot.
DarkLord667 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was well-written. You portrayed the emotions quite well and the diary entry seemed quite realistic. Hopefully, Dom's got better luck in the future. Overall, good job.
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I thought you did a great job on the use of your many prompts... The story itself was well written and you portrayed Dominique's feelings nicely. Thanks for the submission :)
ProudToBeSlytherin chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
dear owluvr,

I love you so much, you are the best friend i could ever imagine happening. I will never let anyone harm you. And that is why now i am going to read all of your reviews. I there is anyone who has said anything hurtful, they will have to answer to me! So dear reviwers of the world, BACK THE HELL OFF, CUZ THEN ULL BE GETTING A MESSAGE FROM ME!

sorry for publicly embarrassing you,

thehigwartsgleechick
verliebtindich chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was a really well written diary-entry. I can totally imagine Dominique writing/thinking like this and it gave a very good insight into her life. I think you've used all your prompts very well.

I have to admit that I don't usually read next-gen stories. Thus, for the first half of the story I thought Dominique was Roxanne but then I realized my mistake

But I still really enjoyed your story!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Awh, poor Dominique! What a shitty day she was having.

I think I've found my new favorite quote "nobody's perfect, that's why pencils have erasers" you have no idea how much I laughed when I read that... In the middle of a history test too! (don't worry, I'd finished)

I also have to congratulate you on combining these challenges together. You did it very well :)

Your use of the prompts was very creative. Thank you for your submission :)