Reviews for A Life Deserved
lekhaki chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
ur right... this would have killed me... dragged my feels filled corpse down to the pits and killed me all over again... sigh... just deans carefree laugh at the end would have done that...
DLillith21 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Why didn't the writers write this, it was exactly what the story needed. Something like this, some emotional connection. You nailed it.
remy-areyousrs chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
God, what wouldn't I give for this to actually happen.

Awesome job, this is really well-written, and the boys are in-character, which is a feat :)

-Peace
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
And this is yet another reason why the season 7 finale pissed me off so much!

Why couldn't the boys have finished off Roman and then headed down the road in the Impala?

Oh, wait-because the writers are friggin' sadists, that's why!
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
If only, right?

Two things:

First, honestly, I don't think Dean would ever let himself pack it in. He wouldn't be able to handle knowing that there were lives being lost while he went into retirement. In fact, I think both boys have resigned themselves to the Hunter's life and believe they'll die in it. And perhaps rightly so.

Second, how could two men like that, with all they know, all they've seen, all that trauma, ever even really function in the real world? They couldn't. They've been in the life too long. As Dean said once: "It's too late for us."

I want a happy ending for the boys, but I don't think they could ever give up hunting entirely. Either they rid the world of all things Supernatural or they die trying. Those are the only two logical options left to them, IMO.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Excellent! When the show eventually ends, I hope it ends just like this!
Queen Bee chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This was a nice little fic. I've always felt that neither one of them would have anything to feel guilty about if they decided to retire from hunting. They've certainly given enough.
dreamlitnight chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This was beautiful. I want this for the boys so much! Your descriptions were lovely! Thank you for sharing with us.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Darn it! Why can't they just get a win and be done with it? Why?
cathernatural.812 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
aww that is so sad and emotional, and yet i love it! I agree that the finale was missing a brotherly moment, and this fitted in really well, and sam and dean actually sounded like themselves too, i really enjoyed this fic :)
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I hope they can have that when the show does end...not for several more seasons though.