Reviews for The Legend
JasonVUK chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
:I You tugged on my heart strings and I loved it! XD Beautiful!
justjoe chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Everything about this story was great, from describing the environment to the story being told by Mary. The ending was cool as well, with an emotional moment. Cameron being pregnant is always a bad idea regardless of who is telling the story as it takes away from her compassion for others from the adoption of unwanted children. Finally the names of the kids are so cliche, a trap so many authors seem to fall into. One kid is expected, another is unnecessary.

Despite my comments, it's still a really good story. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
KevinInEssexUK
One thing that struck me about this story is how our ancestors would have lived. No lamp posts or lit up house. Fear of the dark in their woodland homes surrounded by trees instead of underground.
Jumping from the battle in the distance, instilling the need for the kids to know how to stay safe, the stories recited by Sarah, in a language that only they would understand. (no xboxs, TV shows, reality TV etc etc).
For the kids to find out the truth of Sarah's story, must indeed be quite a revelation, having just endured terrific noise, blasting, bangings, (no doubt screaming too).
I like the ending too, as I never believed Cameron had anything sheath-like inside her - too difficult to engineer and smelly too. Nature has its own way. I think that many Jameronites would love to see Cameron with a little family. I would.
JamesBond2007 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
yep that is right "And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:" can describe Genral John Connor
KevinInEngland chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
You got me in to the story the moment I started reading Russ. Great start up to the -0- .

I still find the words 'Thank you Sarah, for your courage...' very touching. Who couldn't? There are many I'm sorry to say, who wouldn't even watch a film like this. People who can only stand namby pamby stuff.

Pillar of fire that led the Israelites through the desert? I checked out Exodus 12:37-15:21, wondering what the explanation was. I don't believe there was one - doesn't matter though, it's a story and has been enjoyed by countless people ever since.

John finds his mom. You know how to tell them, made me well up. I love the TSCC story. I was picturing kids who knew nothing else and probably lacked any education whatsoever.

I should have posted my next chapter before I read this. There are a few similarities. I am finding it harder to concentrate and stay strong these days but like you, without this what do we have?
joker5974 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Great little story, man! Definitely heartwarming.
xxvoxx chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was really good. :)
cameronbaumsjacket chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Nice story. :)
Andor chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
It was a bracing nice little story to read in this hot summertime - thanks for writing it!
morded chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Fantastic story! Thank you!
sasha starr chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Hi. I loved it. Thank you.
No Fate 1990 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I bet the old woman is Sarah and she is telling the poem to her grandchildren. I loved this story, good job :)