Reviews for New Beginnings
InSilva chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Ah, the paths that lives can take. Decisions made and always another route that could be followed. And I like the all or nothing that commits her to Rusty. Though having read Something Beautiful, I am now sighing at AU self-justification.

Smiling so much for the Mustang. Love the thought that Danny impossibles them out of a hat at regular intervals as required. And certain that the Malloys continue to be involved in the supply chain.

Amused for the irrational conversations happening all over the place. Of course. :)

Isabel seeing the unspoken and the DannyandRusty and realising that friendship is an inadequate word. So pleased that she understands the same but different love. And wondering about the poker hand. Because it could be some sort of messaging a la Victorian flower cards or it could mean Rusty has picked up tips from the Hollywood starlets and is going with a flush that is all red.

Quite like the reverence with which Isabel thinks of Toulour. Feel there is fic somewhere in dispelling that. She hinted. And really not a good idea to introduce Isabel to Terry. She would be smiling.

Adore the fact that Rusty takes her to see Mabel. Adore the fact that Mabel is being looked after in her old age. Quite right too. And they are ridiculous. And also kind of wonderful. But taking her to see Mabel is only part of it and I can’t think that revisiting the neighbourhood takes anything less than fierce courage on Rusty’s part. So many memories to contend with.

And telling Isabel the truth. *Needing* to tell Isabel the truth because there needs to be honesty between them and it’s a big lie to continue and it’s not fair on Isabel. Sighing for adult!Rusty’s perspective on his childhood. All about the facts and not the feelings and still the feelings bleed through. Remain so, so pleased that he had Danny with him. So glad that he now has Isabel. That trust not easily given is rewarded with love and that choices made are the right ones.
light at last chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Oh, I like it. I'm a little embarassed to admit I never really considered the fact that Isabel basically walked away from everything, possibly because I got the impression that it wasn't a whole lot beyond her job. But even if your whole life is your job, it's still your whole life, and she walked away from all that. I like that Rusty's first reaction to that fact was to show her his life, the way it really is and was.

Also, I love the way Danny phrases his threat, and the fact that Tess throws one in herself. And I can see how someone as in-your-face as Isabel would miss seeing Tess's awesome at first, and I liked seeing her realize that she's underestimated Tess.

And Mabel! I think I've mentioned before that I adore Mabel, so I was delighted to see that the boys are taking care of her, even if they refuse to admit it. And that Mabel is totally aware of what they do, even if she doesn't know the details, and still loves them anyway.

And I also like that Isabel can recognize how hard it would have been for Danny, at the same time that she's sympathizing with Rusty, because Rusty wouldn't want someone who discounts Danny's difficulties because Rusty had his own. And of course, difficulties is a serious understatement.
Kerowyn Van'Seph chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Oh my goodness, this has to be the greatest Rusty/Isabel story I've ever come across! I adore your characterization of Isabel (and, of course, Rusty, but I fell in love with your MTC characters the first time I came across your stories). Also, I think that it's wonderful that you included Mabel in this, since she is such a big part of that 'verse.

keroV
Maia2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Awww, this one was nice. Isabel is not a favorite of mine. Not that I don't like her or anything like that, she's cool. Just with so many awesome characters in this 'verse, she doesn't stand out.
I like how she's portrayed here. I like the doubt and the self doubt, because she really did leave everything behind.
And I like that he told her. And this: "I just never want to lie to you again," he added very, very quietly.
Can I give Rusty a hug?
Thanks for sharing,
Maia.
corny chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Loved it! Can't seem to get enough of the boys;) big smile at the warnings (Danny to Isabel, Isabel dad to Robert, Tess to Isabel)! So thanks, awfully, for this!
ParisAmy chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I enjoyed this a lot!

I loved the visit to see Mabel :)
GreenAwesomeness chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Ooooh, am I the first review? I like what you've done with Isabel. I like that you've added more depth to her character, I love how you brought Mabel back.