Reviews for Bring Them to Their Knees
Idalove2read chapter 60 . 3/31/2013
I just wanted to say that this story is amazing. I read Tears of Blood, and i just got addicted, and this story is the same thing over again. I actually like that you are making it progress slowly because we get to know more about the psychological evolution of certain characters, it's freaking great! I am really excited for the rest of the story, which is surely gonna make me cry xD Good luck!
Guest chapter 6 . 3/18/2013
"But soon afterwards, they found the sphere's too heavy"- spheres
""You think this isn't important," She asks"- it's not a question, use another word
Great job!
Sookdeo chapter 7 . 3/19/2013
lmao this Gran character. I like her. It must be interesting to have her as a relative. This is truly an interesting bunch of tributes
Sookdeo chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
I like these set of tributes. They're very animated. And very diverse. The last set were too, but there's something different about these tributes. There's fire in them
Ittybit chapter 60 . 3/17/2013
This was really nice. There were a few parts that tugged at my heart strings; Atalanta's speaking of her partner, Erik missing laughter, among others. Lucian's lying certainly ticked me off a bit. I'm excited to see what lies ahead.

As for Nina, I certainly hope she makes a happy recovery- and takes her time as well. Take care.
Floatfoot chapter 5 . 3/15/2013
Nice job! For the first writer, work on the ending a little. Second one, work on the beginning. I like how you've brought the theme of sexuality into this, it wasn't touched on in canon, but it makes for a very distinct character and plot.
SandyXX chapter 60 . 3/15/2013
Good chapter as always, even if there are some inconsistencies from the previous chapter.

So Erik is steadily going insane.

This alliance has always seemed kind of random to me, especially Erik’s decision to join since he purposefully left his last alliance to be alone. It is good to get Erik’s perspective on it now, although given how much he doesn’t like Maeve makes it even more surprising he agreed in the first place. He would join any alliance that is against the careers I guess. I do wonder how he is going to react once all the careers are gone (not likely but if he makes it to the end) and can’t focus his anger on killing them anymore. Can he stick to his ‘I will not kill outliers’ mantra (expect Lucian) if they are the only ones left? Or getting into a position where he has to kill one of them and can’t avoid it? A lot of potential for some good internal strife and character development if he makes it far.

I was wondering if he would find out Lucian killed Bianca since they became allies and I am glad to see he did, (well kinda). He should have listened to Maeve! She certainly read him like a book. Frankly I am surprised Lucian managed to talk him down. I can’t wait to see how he reacts when he knows the truth of what a little manipulative liar and murderer Lucian is. Luc better get a plan together quick, he is not going to be talking his way out of it again that is for sure.

More shades of the ever inevitable Sade/Erik showdown. We have been waiting since chapter 2 and it is not far off now. I know it is going to be epic! Who is going to win? While Sade would seem to have the upper hand I think it will be Erik, just because he is so much deeper of a character. Sade has got to be the least developed character on BTTTK, I mean she has only had 1 POV since the reaping IIRC. And this conflict is essentially one sided because she did not even mention the note or targeting him or anything in that one chapter so all we know is Erik’s stance on it. All in all we need to hear from Sade to get a better understanding. Outside of the Erik/Sade battle (which as I mentioned has been pretty much nonexistent from Sade’s side) there is not really anything left to explore of Sade as that seems to have been her main/sole purpose so far. Unlike Erik who is one of the most complex and interesting characters who has an abundant of good storylines left (Lucian/running into Anya and Damian again/exploring his moral conflicts, anger, ongoing insanity/guilt and internal strife) that it would seem to be a big mistake to have Sade come out the winner of it. But then it is not my story of course )

Although his less than questionable sanity could (and probably will) be his undoing. Not that any of the other tributes could claim to be the epitome of sanity themselves. Hehehehehe

I was hoping to see more of the packs reaction to Roulla running off, Damian and Anya’s adventures with the gun, and if Phoenix would send someone else to the slaughterhouse after it didn’t work with Bren (since the poor woman just wants to test her idea out after all, I mean come on don’t you feel for her? How can you deny her that? What are you heartless?). The days went by so fast in the previous chapter so it was necessary to go back from the tributes perspective of those days. I look forward to finding out more of what our darling little tributes did over that time.

Also what happened to Alaric! (Yes it has been bugging me and will not stop doing so till we find out! Therefore I will ask in every review from now on until we do.)
Vykktor chapter 60 . 3/14/2013
I'm just glad I didn't see something like, "Wow, you guys, there are some really awesome tributes coming in already! This is some stiff competition!" when I was reading the author's notes. That would have had me thinking "where in the world is that tribute form?!" But, it hasn't shown yet, so at least I know I haven't missed it.
That was a welcome chapter by the way, lemme tell ya. I'm sort of conflicted with that final bout with Erik and Lucian. On one hand, I wanted them to duke it out, but on the other, I wanted it to dissolve. I guess that, in a perfect world, Lucian would admit to killing Bianca but then convinces Erik not to kill him because he's needed in alliance against the Careers. My perfect world, anyway. Oh, and Con, Bastian, and Edrick would still be alive. Ah, well.
When I saw Lucian getting angry over the photos, I almost expected him to critique the one about the burning school, saying something like "the color is off," or "there was nobody running around, covered in flames".
I can see, if they survive, Atalanta and Erik joining forces. I could also see her killing Jett. My prediction: If she catches him by surprise, she'll kill Jett. If it comes down to combat, Jett's going to win. That's just me, though. I also have a sinking feeling about the impending fight between Sade and Erik. Somehow, I think Sade is going to walk away from that fight, most likely because of an intervention from Canicus, or possibly Lucian. I don't know. These are just predictions coming from a person who can't wait for the Careers and Anti-Careers to get in a fight already.
ravenwolf24 chapter 60 . 3/13/2013
*lost for words* who really good.
DeepInTheMeadowIWriteStories chapter 60 . 3/13/2013
This chapter was really great! It was filled with so much and now I just can't wait to find out what is going to happen with Erik and Sade!
Looking forward to the next update!:)
4433220011223344 chapter 60 . 3/13/2013
"the flies had probably chased us across the threshold of the seventh day" - interesting way of phrasing things. I like creativity.
"While I entertained a hope, just for a moment, that they had, in fact, sent us magical powers, I suppose the creams were still a pleasant surprise" - made me laugh.
"Turns out being a psychopath runs in the family." - cliché ('runs in the family') but still humorous anyway
"Although that was partially because I could probably throw her a good few feet." - why does Eric keep making me LOL.
I really want to know more about Maeve. This isn't meant to be a flame and I hope her author doesn't take offence, but she is the most unbelievable character in this entire series. She's written well, but psychic ability is far too much unless a very good backstory is given; none has been given so far…
Lucian, you lying doofus!
Can't wait for the next instalment :3
starlightwalking chapter 60 . 3/12/2013
...
The beauty of this chapter is stunning.
At first I was a little scared. Actually, I was scared the whole time. First off, Erik is going crazy. Second, he wants to kill Maeve. Third, is that possible romance I see with Atalanta?
And then the plagues and Lucian quoting the Bible and all that-very well portrayed.
AND THEN MAEVE STARTS TALKING AND TELLS ERIK ABOUT BIANCA AND THEN I"M ALL LIKE "NO! I LIKE THIS ALLIANCE! DON"T LET IT FALL APART SO QUICKLY!"
Then the bomb thing... I"M GETTING THE TOB FEELS! MAEVE, I LOVE YOU FOR BRINGING BACK ALL THE TRIBUTES I THOUGHT WERE DEAD! (Although Roy was reincarnated as my friend's shoe... long story XD)
When he cornered Lucian I started freaking out. I didn't want either of them to die! Thankfully, Lucian is still alive, but he's only bought some time. Once Erik has found out that Sade DIDN"T kill Bianca... *shudders*
You should have listened to Maeve, Erik.

Now, Erik vs. Sade! Yes, I want to see this! I'm rooting for Erik all the way!
DeepInTheMeadowIWriteStories chapter 59 . 3/12/2013
I started reading BTTTK when it first started, but I got so busy I couldn't read anymore. But seriously 1 week and 59chapters later I am so glad I started reading it again!
The developed so well and I really can't decide who I want to win.

This chapter though was AMAZINGLY good. The plague thing was genius and somehow just from one chapter literally so much had happened.
I really can't wait for the next chapter now!
theactress44 chapter 59 . 3/8/2013
Hmm, that's weird. My name didn't show up on the reviews. But I'm the most recent review.
Guest chapter 59 . 3/6/2013
So, this chapter was amazing. Phoenix is so unbelievably evil I can't even imagine. I love the 10 Plagues idea! I'm interested to see what other Bible references show up :) Oh, and the photos? Creepy. Exactly something Phoenix would do. I'm starting to have a lot of respect for her mastermind evil plans. She's actually quite brilliant at devising torture. Also, I'm surprised no one else has died yet...I have a feeling this is going to be a very long Hunger Games.

On a second note: TRYOUTS! AH! I want a spot really bad...better start my character development!
1,025 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »