Reviews for Bring Them to Their Knees
Vykktor chapter 64 . 8/11/2013
Just... wow. Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic. Your talent is immense.
Idalove2read chapter 64 . 8/6/2013
Lucian, lucian, lucian...great chapter! really loved how we got some insight to Lucian's "slightly" unhinged mind. And i really also like how we get to see him as a kid, and get all those WHAT? moments...well at least i did. I also really liked how he and Atlanta are really sticking to that alliance. I gotta say, i thought Lucian was more cold-blooded than he appears to be in this chapter but i like him better this way so :3 Thank you for updating the story with such speed these few weeks, it's really great!
jacob1106 chapter 63 . 7/24/2013
lets give a good round of applause of the intern! you're doing a great job! :)
for some reason I dont think that Admire has this in the bag like she thinks she does... I dont know I think the careers are pretty hopeless
SakurasEdge chapter 63 . 7/22/2013
I adore this chapter, after the action packed chapters that have come recently it was a very nice change and I certainly missed Admire's perceptive insight into the psychological game despite her flaws.

Guest chapter 63 . 7/22/2013

The characterisation was spot on, and I can definitely feel the themes of chance running through her. Now most of the careers are gone, she knows that she needs to go on the defensive and hold out until a good hand shows up for her. A good plan in this games, and her, Londyn or Roulla are all contenders for the crown. Though she isn't the most likeable character, Admire is developed brilliantly and I could see her having a life well beyond BTTK provided the latent HPD or NPD she seems to suffer don't get the best of her. She offers a reflective, yet still cynical world view than other heroines of the fic such as Aleah or Anya. It's not so much what she says than reading between the lines.
Vykktor chapter 63 . 7/23/2013
Three royal flushes in only five years? That's a whole lot of luck right there. I've played poker for a few years now, and the best I've seen is four of a kind. Jeez.
Sookdeo chapter 63 . 7/22/2013
Well Admire has been showing some qualities that are less "typical" of her. She's a bit caring and fragile, regardless of what she personifies to others. A part of me likes her and wants her to win the games because of her disease, and the other part wants to slap her for being so cruel.
Skyla Pearl chapter 63 . 7/21/2013
I understand how we need a chapter like this after every crazy chapter. Admire is the epitome of the character you love to hate. She's spiteful, narcissistic, and yet you kind of feel for her. Really bad. I can't truly hate her because of her ulcer problem and how she fears rejection (although she won't admit that one) judging by her "Imma cut a bee" feelings towards Roulla, which make her sort of sympathetic. This is a set-up chapter and yet establishes some of Admire's characterization. I like the contrast between her reaction to the photos and her D1 partner. She's like "meh", until the pregnancy test one, of course which brings up her weakness. I can't help but guess that her ulcer problem is going to play out in a big way and since it's hinted that this game is going to be one of those that lasts into the months territory, her ulcer might get the better of her either during a fight, a goal, or something. Also, it's like okay, we got the Erik versus Sade confrontation done, so now we've been set up with Jet versus Lucian (and the other Apocalypse Horsegirls) and now Admire versus Roulla and Londyn. The suspense is so much.

So about those guard towers...
Ittybit chapter 63 . 7/21/2013
Too much Gone with the Wind; Admire is a perfect Scarlett. No offense, but I despised Scarlett. That's what makes a good character, though, whether they incite joy or rage. I just hope Admire remembers how well Scarlett's act turned out for her.
starlightwalking chapter 63 . 7/21/2013
Aw. I was really, really hoping that Admire would die all the way through that chapter. It was a good one, well written, but little action, which is fine. You need filler chapters now and again, and this one was very good.

I like how we get flashes into Admire's personality and backstory. Sometimes I think that backstory is one of the most important things about a character, but unfortunately in a story like this there are so many characters that not even I can keep track of all of those backstories. (Also, for anyone who wants to read Galla's oneshot, which I hope everyone does, it's mostly an expansion of backstory, so you should probably read her reaping chapter again to fully understand it. XD)

I still don't like Admire. In fact, I despise her and want her to be tortured to death by Jet and Lucian. That would be an insane alliance... I hope you realize that I think Admire is a fantastic character. She is deep and more than what she seems, complex and well written. However, her personality and actions are despicable and terrible. I hope that's what you intended. She is similar to Phoenix and Belle: a wonderful character but a terrible person.
Idalove2read chapter 62 . 7/20/2013
Wonderful chapter! So many deaths at the same time: ooooh gosh! And yeah, i was happy on how it turned out. Sade was one of my least favorite characters, and yet you made me sympathize with her in the end. It was great, waiting with impatience your next chapter! :D
Vykktor chapter 62 . 7/16/2013
I'd send this review as myself, but apparently I've already reviewed this chapter. So, I write this as a "Guest".
Fantastic as always, NicKenny. I've always enjoyed your writing style and I'm truly saddened to see Erik die. I really enjoyed the aura of politeness you put between Jet and Erik and the end there, too. I always love interactions like that, and I'm really glad Jet didn't go bananas on Erik.
Sookdeo chapter 62 . 7/17/2013
Well that was unexpected. The bomb, Sade's demise, the mockingjay and Erik's death. But it kept me going for a bit of a loop
starlightwalking chapter 55 . 7/16/2013
Oh, this review is meant for chapter, with the next chapter 61. I posted it before I was done writing by accident.

This chapter was great, don't get me wrong-but it was rather confusing. Why did you put Canicus's death, which happened after Erik and Sade's, before theirs? Other than that, I have no complaints. ;D
starlightwalking chapter 62 . 7/16/2013
This chapter and the last were just... wow. Great. I only saw a couple typos. Sade and Erik's fates were very fitting, but I almost wanted them to reconcile and not kill each other. Then again, this is the Hunger Games.
Erik's last words would make me worry about his family, as he seems to be encouraging a rebellion, but then I remember that he has no family left.
I see some of the reviews are saying "Has Jet gone soft?" No, I don't think so. Both Sade and Erik were already dying, and while Sade would have lasted longer than Erik, Jet had two problems to deal with. If he'd had time, I think he would have made Sade suffer. I never really like Sade all that much, but her end was very fitting.
Also, even if Jet would have had time to drag out Erik's death-which he really wouldn't-I think he honors his debts. Erik gave him information about the Four (well, Three now) Horses alliance, so I think that was why Jet let Erik off easy.
1,025 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »