Reviews for For Such a Time as This
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 40 . 1/13/2017
An intriguing concept, to say the least.
While I question why anyone would shut down the Jedi Order- skilled diplomats and unique warriors in one package; why would anyone NOT want them around?- once you establish a world where the Jedi operate in secret, it’s intriguing to see how things develop. With some Jedi training in private while other would-have-been Jedi never achieved their full potential, you create a world that is both intriguing and potentially tragic, as Qui-Gon rises to the Council in a world where he is accepted rather than regarded with discomfort while Adi Gallia may never know what she is fully capable of.
That said, twists such as Xanatos being a Sith rather than a fallen Jedi in this reality are certainly handled well, giving us an interesting look at a Xanatos with more focused large-scale ambitions as opposed to his more discreet canon operations (he might have been head of his own business but he was fairly quiet about it; his being a Sith might be secret, but his role as a Senator is fairly public). Your exploration of how the Jedi Order has adapted over the centuries is also fascinating, relaxing some of their more rigid views to focus on the positive aspects of emotions instead of trying to cut down all attachments, even if some of them still hold to the core aspects of their old philosophy.
Granted, it’s tricky to imagine how so many people can have coordinating double lives on this scale without people suspecting something, but I suppose the scope of the deception is its main strength; the Jedi are so spread out that nobody can pay attention to ALL of them, so nobody realises that they’re all coordinating their efforts.
That said, I look forward to seeing how things go now that Jedi and Sith are starting to reveal themselves; maybe neither side has a clear idea of the identities of the other yet (The Jedi have a few more ideas, but that’s still not concrete proof), but I think it’s safe to assume that things are going to escalate after that confrontation on Tatooine…
tlyxor1 chapter 40 . 1/11/2017
Enjoyed, thanks for writing. -t.
CrimsonKitty88 chapter 40 . 12/23/2016
i love this world that you have recreated in your own image. it all fits so well.
PrimalStorm chapter 40 . 11/2/2016
Will you be continuing the story? It's an excellent story you have written. I would love to know what happens to all of the main characters especially since we are nearing the Battle for Naboo.
Sophia the Scribe chapter 40 . 3/21/2016
This story is so amazing! I know it's been three years, but is there any hope of your finishing it? I'd love to see where you take it...
Blessings,
Sophia the Scribe
Guest chapter 40 . 2/1/2016
This is the most intricate, detailed, brilliant AU I have ever read. I can only hope that at some point you intend to continue writing.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/21/2015
What an amazing story! This surely need more reviews and hopefully more updates in the near future
Eborrose chapter 40 . 7/23/2015
I just recently came across this story and have really enjoyed it. It is an unusual context compared with many other AUs, with an interesting mix of characters. Qui Gon never changes:). He is like a warm blanket in winter that you snuggle in to and makes you feel safe whatever the circumstances. Xanatos, whom I am not familiar with (SW novels?), is very charismatic. Palpatine of course is just creepy - as always.
I realise that being a teacher is a very demanding profession (I am one myself) but I hope that sometime in the future you will find yourself able to complete this story. In the meantime I shall just have to speculate as to how much of the original you intended to keep and how much you were thinking of changing.
Guest chapter 40 . 6/3/2015
This story is really interesting. Jedi in exile is a new concept. The changes in structure, hierarchy, teaching methods of people in hiding is new. Thanks for sharing!
AI chapter 2 . 6/3/2015
Excellent jobs as non Jedi. I can see the history professor and senate aide.
Sue Clover chapter 40 . 4/16/2015
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! You can't stop here! It's just beginning! It was already good, so I can't say it was just getting good, but really you should come back and update this story. I want to know how a Jedi Order that is used to secrecy and family relationships will handle Anakin, and I want to know how Obi-Wan as senator will handle the coming trials. He has more duties than just to the Order, and the Order is still trying to maintain secrecy. I want to see him develop his relationship with Siri, and to see him become closer with Anakin. I want to see what will happen. It's awesome, because while everything is so much the same, everything is also completely different, and it's brilliant. I don't want to pressure you, but please come back to this story and update soon.
Sue Clover chapter 29 . 4/16/2015
Oh, right, they somehow blamed all the stuff on this Nebula Front. But I'm still sure it was the droids that killed that Trade Federation delegation, which confuses me.
For a moment, I was terrified that this was the time already for Qui-Gon to face Maul, that it was beginning, but we are not there yet. I'm a bit glad.
Sue Clover chapter 28 . 4/16/2015
I just had a thought - wasn't it the droids the Trade Federation's delegation had with them at that meeting that turned on them and killed them? Why would the Senate trust them with more droids if their earlier droids failed? Or am I missing or forgetting something?
The whole thing with Siri makes me slightly uncomfortable. I know that in another life they fell in love, and they probably will eventually in this one, but right now they're not in love yet and they're getting ready to get married. And they're so awkward around each other, it's so cute and yet it hurts because they have the capacity to hurt one another without realizing it because they haven't realized their feelings yet. Anyway.
I should probably at least take a nap. I didn't sleep at all last night, reading this.
Sue Clover chapter 9 . 4/16/2015
whoa. whoa. Cool. You are really good at this, you know? Sorry, I can often be more articulate, but I'm really tired at the moment.
Sue Clover chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
OOOh, this one looks cool. Some people have trouble with AU's, either making them too complicated, or not believable enough, or sticking too closely to the canon and not giving themselves room to fly. You are not one of those people. You are really good at what you do, and I look forward to reading this one.