Reviews for The Rise and Fall of the Stag and the Doe
GalaxyKitty15 chapter 45 . 7/11
Lol when James said all girls liked love story's I was very tempted to stop reading. What he said was probably true though.
GalaxyKitty15 chapter 43 . 7/11
Lol Wheren I read this I though it was a chapter! XD
Book lover chapter 12 . 6/8
This is a really good story, I was looking for something about lily and james and I got so much more then just them. The only thing is that at the beginning of this part, you Said that Remus was "sick" and I think that a beter word could have been used, like weak or something. I think that ithe is just within the context of the story it has more of a negative connotation then you mentioned for it. Agen this is a very good story and I am shore the jk rolling is happy that you wrote this so that she didn't have to!
Amanda Elizabeth Gagnon chapter 1 . 5/25
Thank you so much for sharing this. I've read it a few times and I really love it. Until JKR writes a Marauders book, this is canon for me.
I actually listed it on my blog as some of the best HP fanfic to read in 2018 - it fits the era.
(Review is at /blogs/news/)
Keep writing!
IronSpider24 chapter 1 . 5/22
This is the best Marauder story I’ve ever read! This story made me cry, laugh, and love the characters so much! Thanks so much for writing this story and my words don’t do justice for what you have written. I️ hope you continue to write stories as awesome as this one. All the love in the world!

IronSpider
jazmayree93 chapter 95 . 5/14
Just finished this and OMG. This has to be the best Jily fic I have read for it to have affected me so much. I remember in the middle thinking of how much I loved these characters and then remembering they all end up dying. It’s so heartbreaking. Very well written, it’s definitely a fic I will read again in the future. On my list of favorites!
ShaiGar chapter 2 . 4/29
Seems to be a trope in HP. Women are always healers.
Recentfanficlove chapter 95 . 4/16
This was too amazing for words! I normally don't review stuff but this was too good to ignore! You are really talented, keep going!
Harry.Potter.Marauder chapter 1 . 1/16
Well done!
Guest chapter 95 . 12/28/2017
Oh my God! I cried, i laugh, and the ending... I feel many sympathy for every character here. I love blackinnon as much I love Jilly, and your story is very good. Salute!
Potterlover13yay chapter 95 . 12/10/2017
Wow... This story was really good. Usually I get bored when Lily and James start going out, but while reading this story, I was always eager for the next chapter. I like how the story isn’t just centered on Lily and James, there’s also Dorcas, Remus, Sirius, Marlene and more.
calliejasper chapter 33 . 11/23/2017
from where i am in the book i can say i enjoy it, by a few things bother me. 1, Marlene is perfect. Everyone loves her and she's the most important thing to everyone. No one seemed to care that Mary died, just that Marlene was kidnapped and Marlene this, Marlene that. Sorry to sound harsh, but Marlene is the most loved by everyone in the book and no one sees a problem with her, yet for some reason she is worried about everything. 2, The farther in Im reading, the more typos, no punctuation, and unfinished sentences which is a bit confusing. 3, Sone of these fights make no sense and a bunch of the time things happen for no reasons and characters talk in weird ways. Lastly, Everyone is worried that no one likes them and has severe anxiety, which I don't imagine many of these characters to have.
MrsCharmander chapter 95 . 9/6/2017
i just reread this whole fanfic after years because i remembered how much i loved marlene and i felt the urge to hunt it down and enjoy it again and that let to me sobbing at 4am over this story jesus christ it's fabulous and immersive and complex and i love all the characters so much and it makes me feel so many things
An Enthusiast chapter 68 . 8/25/2017
Look, I'm real sorry, because I like some sections of this, I really do, but every conflict that's been written into the story has been out of no where and undeserved plot wise. I've read this far because i want to like it so desperately, but just - what? Aside from the fact that in my opinion, a lot of the characters, especially Lily, seem out of character to me, within the story and the versions of the characters that you have built, none of the conflicts have made sense and they have all come up out of no where. I should greet well written conflicts with frustration, but also understanding. I should understand how the conflicts have arisen and why, but instead I'm just annoyed, and confused, and constantly wondering "where the F did that come from?".
Second criticism, why on earth is every female character so insecure? Like all of them. And I know most of the male ones are too, but theres all make sense, like you've written in consistent reasoning, but all of the girls insecurities just come out of no where? Like "oh, by the way" and it's just frustrating.
When I say it's frustrating, it's because these poorly written conflicts and character developments interrupt moments that you have constructed very well. The characters all have chemistry with each other, your environments are well constructed, and as long as you avoid arguments/fights, you write convincing, realistic and often charming dialogue (something I envy, I'm shite at dialogue of all kinds).
I hope you get better at conflict and realistic character flaws, because you're obviously talented otherwise and I think you could write something awesome. I hope you understand I bear no ill-will, because I think you're talented and I want you to get better things for which you may not have acquired yet. I'm going to stop reading this story now, and I wanted to leave a justification as to why, after reading so far into it, I'm stopping. It's just piled up too much for me.
I hope you keep writing long into the future.
Lots of love - a Jily enthusiast
horses4504 chapter 18 . 7/18/2017
"Touch her," Remus began with a snarl, as he moved in front of Lily. His amber eyes darkened. "And I will lay you out on this floor."

Yaaaassssssss go Remus!