Reviews for the Woman Chained
hamskin chapter 1 . 4/13
Loved Lin and Sokka here. And the snippets of epic Toph. Bravo.
sparkling unicorn chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Yes. Just that one word of approval.

Lin is my fav character. It's not Korra or Mako or Bolin (though I do love him) or even Pabu (well maybe just a little). Maybe because Lin is Toph's daughter or maybe it's because she's such a badass character.

So yes. I love this story. And also your writing style (I've been reading your stories all night. Hope you don't think I'm a stalker) simply superb. Deliciously descriptive. Wonderful.
OhtarIstar666 chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This was wonderful!
FantasyMind231 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This is brilliant! You should do one for when Korra gives Lin her bending back
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This was amazing. I think you captured everything very nicely and I loved the glimpses into Lin's life. Amazing work!
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Beautifully done! I also love the idea of Sokka as a father figure to Lin, whether or not he was ever romantically involved with Toph. You wrote their interaction really well. This is my headcanon now. If only we had gotten to see Lin fight without her bending; I'm sure she would've been awesome.
songs chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
this is just so poignant and gorgeous and so beautiful. i'm actually speechless. just... /contented sigh
fowl68 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was a really good piece. I loved it. I think you really captured Lin's character, as well as those of Aang and Sokka and the others after they've matured. My favorite line in this, I think, is "...on one of those delirious summer days that she'll always remember in the color yellow...". It has a good musicality (If that's even a word).

Again, fantastic job!
Moonprincess92 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I can't get over how beautiful this story was. When I watched "Turning the Tides" i gasped so many times and i swear i nearly cried. This story is exactly what Lin deserves. Loved it! : D
R. Patil chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Bloody well done. So far, all the 'fic has been devastation. Ain't no Bei Fong gonna let anything keep her out of a fight, and ain't no child ever exposed to Sokka gonna think non-bending means helpless.

On a more articulate note, I enjoyed Lin piecing together what her assets were.

In short, please keep 'em coming, as you feel.

And thank you.
El Duckie chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is a fantastic oneshot! I love how you portray Lin's grit and determination. Despite the fact she has lost her bending, she still realizes she's still plenty capable. Lin's a total boss anyway, she'll give Amon hell one way or another.
snarkhunter chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is the best post-"Turning of the Tides" Lin fic that I've read yet. Love it love it love it.

I love Lin's strength and determination and the fact that she's not broken.

I love Sokka's presence in this story-the other day, while dwelling obsessively on Lin's loss of bending, I kept wondering if maybe Asami or someone could rig up a wire harness that Lin could use without being able to bend metal. Sokka could do it-there must be those who follow in his footsteps. :D
prettypinklips chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Lin oh bb

My feels for this right my feels
adriaticjellyfishsting chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This was really poignant and very well written. Thanks for sharing :)
Stardust897 chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was beautifully written. You kept the characters from The Last Airbender themselves, while still aging them, and gave even more depth to an interesting character.

Now pardon me while I go and cry over Lin again.

Flawless characters are flawless.

Perfect stories are perfect. Thank you for writting this.