Reviews for Where the Wild Roses Grow
bleedingflower chapter 3 . 8/25/2012
Wow, that was ...painful. I mean I wasn't really expecting a happily ever after, but still. That was just awful (in a hearbreakingly exquisite sort of way.) My feelings can best be summed up like this:

DEEEAN! Noooo! Why?

I think you made me love him too much. My aching heart is making it impossible for me to tell you all the other things I adored about your story... So suffice it to say I think you're incredible. Thanks for sharing your imagination with us!
bleedingflower chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Okay, first of all: HOW does this story have one review? Maybe everyone is just rendered inarticulate by its awesomeness... Because after the end of that chapter I was pretty mind-blown.

Things I loved best:

*** Your song quotes, obviously. Absolutely gorgeous. "In his eyes and on his lips, There lies the love of a thousand years" How perfect is that line?

*** Dean. For someone who's read the obsessive amounts of FF I have, it's hard to find a version of these characters I haven't met before. But your Dean found completely new ways of stealing my heart. My favorite was the way he told Cas he loved him, constantly and casually, joking but actually not. It killed me. He's so fucking sweet... Until he's not.

*** That ending! The amazing thing is you totally warned us (I mean you TOLD us in the summary: 'Dean demonic ancestral enemy') and yet somehow it still felt like a sneak-attack plot twist that left me shell-shocked and disbelieving. All I could think for a few minutes was: "What the fucking fuck? Really?!" Not sure how you pulled that off, but nice work.

Gorgeous work, in fact: beautifully written and original and sweep-you-off-your-feet awesome. I could keep rhapsodizing at you for another six pages or so... But I'd rather read Chapter Two!
wandathefish chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Wow. This was just... wow.

The conclusion has me heartbroken, I didnt expect it to just end like that- but really cleverly written.

I had to read some parts more than once to understand, and I'm still not sure I completely get everything (thats not a criticism btw, I really loved the way your writing was quite cryptic), but I adored the whole concept

Well done on this fic, it was beautiful. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your work in future