Reviews for Classic History of the Holy Britannian Empire
whitedead chapter 6 . 1/18/2014
I really liked this timeline, really, so please don't misunderstand me: I love this fanfiction and I'm only criticizing SOME parts of it, while the rest it's truly perfect AND amazing, really.
Now, I think that the whole communist part is...it kinda ruins the Asian story
Communism appears from Russia (kinda unlikely, bust still) and then it destroys the monarchy to create some sort of alternate URSS, then a COMMUNIST general, which would be absolutely unlikely and the simple tought woule be treason, doesn't just enstabilish capitalism: even worst, MONARCHY
Seriously dude, that made no sense, really
I think it was the worst, I remember that I love this fanfic So I'm not saying that this ruins everything, but man that didn't make sense.
plus the party agrees! Man a COMMUNIST Party would NEVER agree to create a repubblic, so MONARCHY is absolutely unreasonable!
In EVERY european nation when constitutional elections came, Communists voted for REPUBBLIC, ALWAYS.
AND THE WHOLE CHINESE POPULATION AGREES!
Man, that made, litterally, no sense ever
Plus, the Napoleon thing it's kinda intelligent, but ideologically wrong.
You are right when you say "he was initially for repubblic, but then he became Emperor"
It is true, but as Marx noticed (and he was the founder of communism, so he knows better) Capitalism(Repubblic) is the next step after Feudalism (Monarchy) and before communism (URSS)
So actually Capitalism, which revolves around freedom of speach, oof politics and economics, it's near to Feudalism, that's why in England the parliament was initially made of nobles, then it made larger of middle-class man, then common people, Japan also had something like that: aristocrats became the main middle-class industrialists.
THIS is why many right wing parties in Europe are also Liberals AND Monarchist, but You will NEVER
Find communist for monarchy! And a communist CANNOT become a King, because, as Marx noticed, it's two step away in dialectical evolution!
Communism may, however, retrocede to capitalism if something goes wrong (as URSS that, with Gorbachev, got back to Capitalism) BUT NEVER MONARCHY
I think that the whole communist part was unnecessary
You had an empire in our timeline until recently, you had an empire in Code Geass
You could have chosen a Chinese Meji that, after studying in Europe, learned the ways to modernization and a little of democracy, he then came back, made many reforms (expecially the one of the federation to avoid nationalistic riots) and after modernizing the army and the technology (which is why we have a modern army in CG) he dies, and later on Eunuchs take the powah as nobleman.
the whole URSS part, as I said, is:
-Ideologically wrong, in an unforgivable (just to say) way, CANNOT be true in any way in any history
-REEEEEEEAAAALLY Unlikely, not impossible, but it's more possible that a Fascist begins to turn gay (which happened, but it's soooooooooo rare we call that impossible)
-Kinda...you read it and you feel like "This looks invented, I don't like that in CG"
Like watching Harry Potter and then jedi appears, it feels like...wrong
-The India thing is not that simple, there may be a communist ruling party (REEEEEALLY RARE IN MONARCHIES, since if the communism gets that strong, it generally leads to a revolution or at least to a referendum to switch to repubblic, they would definitively win, so why keeping that emperor?)
I must remember I love the whole thing man, Really amazing
I'm still reading it, so I'm not mad on it.
But the communist part was like a punch in the eye of a perfect face, soooo unlikely and so wrong ideologically.
I'm talking as a communist, just to say.
Destrark chapter 8 . 11/18/2013
this is awesome, well done.
night4345 chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
it was fine intil you put Abraham Lincoln and Robert E. Lee fighting over slavery. really?
CaptureGod-Otamegane chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
It's actually kind of brilliant, I was always confused about Geass au history.
CaptureGod-Otamegane chapter 8 . 8/19/2012
Fake history is fun.
scottusa1 chapter 8 . 8/6/2012
I thought it was very interesting and with your permission, I might include your timeline into my story. The reason is that it is very detailed and through and would be an excellent timeline to use. The story hasn't been written yet and I would like to use your timeline because I would have trouble making a great one.

Excellent story, I'm interested to see what you write next.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 8 . 8/4/2012
The last part was kind of rushed, but I guess that the new OVA that will broadcast today will give more information on the EU. Anyway, a good effort.
pinkmarble chapter 7 . 7/30/2012
This is a really interesting, I like how your theory of the classic history of the holy empire.

I aways though of Australia being independent, which is pretty cool. I was just wondering if you are actually accepting request and/or idea's for your next's CG fanfic?
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 5 . 7/16/2012
I find your timeline rather interesting, but I consider that the technological curve is still resembling real life. I consider that the tech curve was dislocated to right in the 19th century, with the use of sakuradite (I mean, I consider jet tech in CG universe to be available in the 1910s, at least, to make KMFs viable in the 1960s).
Guest chapter 4 . 7/13/2012
Interesting ideas, but I must say the part about China is a little too unreasonable.

First, if according to the previously recounted history of the CG world, the Europeans and the Brittanians did not get a chance to expand into Asia, so consequently, China and Japan were not oppressed by the Westerners. Therefore, a revolution would not have occurred as the OTL revolution was caused by government inefficiency against foreign oppression and encouragement by students who have went to the U.S. to learn about the republican system. In this case, there isn't any foreign expansion, no students who went to foreign lands, and more importantly, no republican state on the American continent. Also, the Japanese would not have begun its foreiign expansion hadn't Admiral Perry arrived at Edo during the 19th century, and unless Britannia had sent Perry, then Japan would not have occupied or tried to occupy Manchuria (instead, it would much rather be the complete opposite...no offense to the Japanese here!)

Secondly, how would the "Mausoleum of 88 Emperors" be explained , the only reasonable explanation is that the Chinese history doesn't even resemble OTL history because to have an unbroken dynasty of 88 emperors, the dynasty must last for approximately 2000 years (if each emperor rules for approximately 25 years).

Also, I know that Jiang Min is going to be like Tianzi's (or Jiang Li Hua) great-grand-father (plus or minus 1 generation) but why would a brilliant tactician like him allow the power to slip from an emperor's hand to the Eunuchs? Futhermore, why would a Republican general (with supposedly leftist ideas) agree to the establishment of the role of an Emperor?

K...those were just some of my questions which I think you should take into consideration, sorry if it offends you a little!

Great work though!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
tls make the world easier to make.
Worker72 chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
I thought it was Emperor Charles from his younger days who conquered South America I thought I saw that on the Code Geass Wiki.
Worker72 chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
I can't really disagree with your logic on the calendar system. We still have April fool's day as a reminder of how hard it is to change a calendar. Although I do have to disagree when it comes to the California gold rush. The gold rush only happened because the U.S. wasn't a monarchy if it had been the all that gold would have belonged to the crown. Notice Spain never had a gold rush like the U.S. did.
firelordzuko chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
I don't have too much time to review, so here you are.

For one, Waterloo and the Congress of Vienna are impossible without Britain. I'd go as far as to say that Napoleonic Conquest of Britain and no Russian campaign means HIM The Emperor is not defeatable, which would definitely make the European federation we have in CG far more likely. Similarly, Britannia giving up its claims and making peace is absolutely impossible IMO. Neither will the European powers tolerate Elizabeth III in exile - weak as she is right now - nor will Britannia ever give up on these claims considering the nationalist propaganda they have.

Also, having a Great War like OTL is a bit uncreative. And butterflies. I propose making it a multi-front war between the Bonapartist bloc (France, Spain, Britain, Germany, Poland) against the Russian bloc (Russia, Ottomans, Britannia, Italy) against Austria against China sparked by tensions in the Balkan (panslawism etc) and Italy (Trentino Veneto, French Italy). Austria is fucked, of course. However, such a war - with the incorporation of Italy, Austria, eventually Russia and the Ottomans into the Bonapartist European bloc could reasonably evolve into the French-dominated EU later.

Also, federalism in Britannia is a no-go. It's a) a tradition Britain never had anything to do with, b) not useful for rapid expansion c) diminishes the Emperor's power. Every great conquering power was heavily centralised. I agree that a parliamentary system remains, though I'd retain the name of House of Commons for the "Senate" as otherwise it'd imply two upper houses.

Basically, use the British Westminster system as of 1800.

Furthermore, I disapprove of your use of OTL personalities who wouldn't have existed due to butterflies. Similarly, no Britannian Civil War based on the US one. For one, it will severely halt Britannian expansion and its conquests need to be mostly consolidated by the time they take Japan, for another, butterflies. The monarch may well have the power to just walk other Southern planter lords, especially as the ones most powerful in this country - the nobility - base their wealth on land, not labour.
Loyal Knight chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I'm not really an expert on British history but it looks like a plausible timeline to me.

I can't wait till you show how the Empire was built.

Personally I always liked stories where Lelouch returned to the Empire and rose to prominence in the Britannian military and court eventually becoming its Emperor and ruling the world by uniting it under his rule.

We all know that it didn't happen in the end because Code Geass was produced in Japan and the Japanese would not ever allow another nation to rule their country even if it is only in an anime.( NO OFFENCE MEANT TO ANYONE but the truth hurts)

Plus I find the ending unlikely especially the whole global peace thing. We went through WWI and WWII the world still in peace.