Reviews for The Exchange
Blitz182 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
I love this, I really do. Your writing style is very poetic, and you capture the characters' inner qualities and depth beautifully and simplistically. Also, you manage to create a vulnerable Hawkeye while still maintaining his status as an independent, headstrong badass. This was a great read - thank you very much for it!
Clarity's Illusions chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
So touching. And he's right - they aren't just books.
jenilee chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
What a lovely story. I admit to being a bit teary there when Clint read the inscription. I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.
Ko-pia chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This was really beautiful.
Kikkiyoshi-Star chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
perfect
FiveForFighting09 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I treated books very much like Clint did until a very beloved family member gave me The Life of Pi shortly before she passed away. I keep them now and I too understood on the day she died that they are much more than books.
human28 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I loved how the type of books that each character enjoyed fit them so perfectly. Especially Natasha's for some reason - which also made me kinda sad. Phil's note broke my heart! Great story!
Drogna chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Great story. Characterful and well written. I loved all the references to literature and how everyone in it read a different type of books. They all seemed very apt for the characters, and I could really imagine Clint being like this having discovered books at such a late point in his life.
kyri0sity chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Amazing story. Its so well written. I love y how you write the characters, their interactions & inner dialogue, plus many of the books mentioned here are some of my favorites.
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
So right. I nearly panicked when I thought I lost my copy of Ender's Game... Really great fic!
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Clint exchanging books. I can see how he would do that and think it was okay. Very slice-of-life-ish!
DelektorskiChick chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Oh my God, I just sat here staring at my computer screen for five minutes after I finished, just letting tears roll down my face. It's good, it's AMAZINGLY good, and I am soooooo favoriting it right this second! Keep writing and don't let anyone tell you to ever stop!
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Ah, this is perfect! Great piece of characterization and, dang, I love the book exchange! :-)
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I...want to say more, but I am at a loss for words, and because you don't know me at all you don't know how RARE that is. I'm still crying. Thank you, truly, for sharing this story. It was beautiful.
jpgFury chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
That was amazing! Absolutley one of my most favourite fics EVER! The readign choices of each made perfect sense and the whole process of bringing Clint into the fold was brilliantly done. It had to be Bruce and Phil...

Soooo good