Reviews for The Exchange
AustralianRanger012 chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Okay, I'm tearing up over this. It's a beautiful story, thankyou for writing it. As someone who sees books as more than just books it had even more of an impact.
sweetwatersong chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Oh, Clint. The bit with Phil's inscription absolutely wrenched my heart. And how he carries the book around, how it is precious to him in such a visible and touching way. How he doesn't know how to make things right with Bruce, how hard he /tries/ and can't quite make the leap how he wants to - and how Bruce understands, accepts it for what it is meant to be. Lovely idea, and lovely execution. Thank you!
Miss Starfire chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
#sniffs# Do you see what you did? #sniffs some more# I hope you can't sleep tonight knowing you made me cry with this fic. On to the next!
AlienTourist chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
This was so good! Thanks for reading it. It was a wonderful realization that Clint makes at the end.
Blitz182 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
I love this, I really do. Your writing style is very poetic, and you capture the characters' inner qualities and depth beautifully and simplistically. Also, you manage to create a vulnerable Hawkeye while still maintaining his status as an independent, headstrong badass. This was a great read - thank you very much for it!
Clarity's Illusions chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
So touching. And he's right - they aren't just books.
jenilee chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
What a lovely story. I admit to being a bit teary there when Clint read the inscription. I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.
Ko-pia chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This was really beautiful.
Kikkiyoshi-Star chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
perfect
FiveForFighting09 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I treated books very much like Clint did until a very beloved family member gave me The Life of Pi shortly before she passed away. I keep them now and I too understood on the day she died that they are much more than books.
human28 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I loved how the type of books that each character enjoyed fit them so perfectly. Especially Natasha's for some reason - which also made me kinda sad. Phil's note broke my heart! Great story!
Drogna chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Great story. Characterful and well written. I loved all the references to literature and how everyone in it read a different type of books. They all seemed very apt for the characters, and I could really imagine Clint being like this having discovered books at such a late point in his life.
kyri0sity chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Amazing story. Its so well written. I love y how you write the characters, their interactions & inner dialogue, plus many of the books mentioned here are some of my favorites.
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
So right. I nearly panicked when I thought I lost my copy of Ender's Game... Really great fic!
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Clint exchanging books. I can see how he would do that and think it was okay. Very slice-of-life-ish!
76 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »