Reviews for The Exchange
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Wow, this was pretty good. I'll admit I laughed when I found out Clint put a romance novel in Fury's office. Um, I can't really think of anything else to say besides great job, so... Great job! :D
DisappearingActNo4 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Oh God, that's so sweet that I am crying right now!
Honestly, this is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
I love how you characterized Clint. He comes across as very natural, and I can understand his love of books - although I discovered it sooner!
Although I don't like Of Mice and Men...

But really, this is so beautiful, I can't even find the words!

Best regards,
Kephiso
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Unlike some of the readers here who sad they ALMOST cried, well, I DID. This was haunting and beautiful and so, so well written. Literate, in every sense of the word, and the insight into the different characters just ... marvellous. A genuine gem.
CaptainTish chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
This is absolutely lovely.
ladygris chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This is a story I think all writers need to read. There's a deeper message, one that shows why we write stories and books. You did such a fantastic job of describing how books impact lives and teach us.

On this site, we're a bunch of writers who obviously love what we do. Some of us have been published traditionally, others just online. But *how* we're published doesn't matter. The fact is, our writing affects lives. Whether it's giving someone an escape or teaching a lesson, it still affects how people think and feel.

Clint's assertion that they're just books was flawed in so many ways, but the organic process of how he learned the value behind them was beautiful. He learned more than just words and grammar and style. Like he realized, he learned about people.

And the image of a Jane Austen book in Nick Fury's office is just...ROFL!
talimenios791 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This was so beautiful. It really touched me.
Greeniron chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
This almost made me cry-which I don't do much-so very well done
MistressSunshine chapter 1 . 10/2/2012

lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
J loves JS chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This brought a smile and tears to my eyes. Really well written.
LanternLight13 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Amazingly done. Thank you for sharing.
18secondsbeforesunrise chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I very rarely log in here. In fact, I had to think really hard what my password was. But I really just had to tell you - this story is absolutely wonderful.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
In my favorite episode of Disney's GARGOYLES, "A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time," the illiterate gargoyle Hudson discovers the magic and joy of books from the blind author Jeffrey Robbins. This story reminded me of that episode. This was a very well-written story; I especially liked the inscription on the book from Coulson that Phil didn't even know was there. "Clint finally gets why people read in the first place." That's a very powerful line.

"The written word is all that stands between memory and oblivion. Without books, we are cast adrift, neither teaching nor learning. They are mirrors on the past, windows on the present, and prisms reflecting all possible futures. Books are lighthouses in the dark sea of time." said by Jeffrey Robbins (voiced by Paul Winfield), written by scriptwriters Lydia Marano&Brynne Chandler Reaves, "A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time"
Sepsis chapter 1 . 8/30/2012