Reviews for The Exchange
DelektorskiChick chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Oh my God, I just sat here staring at my computer screen for five minutes after I finished, just letting tears roll down my face. It's good, it's AMAZINGLY good, and I am soooooo favoriting it right this second! Keep writing and don't let anyone tell you to ever stop!
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Ah, this is perfect! Great piece of characterization and, dang, I love the book exchange! :-)
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I...want to say more, but I am at a loss for words, and because you don't know me at all you don't know how RARE that is. I'm still crying. Thank you, truly, for sharing this story. It was beautiful.
jpgFury chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
That was amazing! Absolutley one of my most favourite fics EVER! The readign choices of each made perfect sense and the whole process of bringing Clint into the fold was brilliantly done. It had to be Bruce and Phil...

Soooo good
jaguarspot chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I loved your story!
I'm a big reader myself, and I think you're absolutely right, they're not just books.
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Wow, this was pretty good. I'll admit I laughed when I found out Clint put a romance novel in Fury's office. Um, I can't really think of anything else to say besides great job, so... Great job! :D
DisappearingActNo4 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Oh God, that's so sweet that I am crying right now!
Honestly, this is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
I love how you characterized Clint. He comes across as very natural, and I can understand his love of books - although I discovered it sooner!
Although I don't like Of Mice and Men...

But really, this is so beautiful, I can't even find the words!

Best regards,
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Unlike some of the readers here who sad they ALMOST cried, well, I DID. This was haunting and beautiful and so, so well written. Literate, in every sense of the word, and the insight into the different characters just ... marvellous. A genuine gem.
CaptainTish chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
This is absolutely lovely.
ladygris chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This is a story I think all writers need to read. There's a deeper message, one that shows why we write stories and books. You did such a fantastic job of describing how books impact lives and teach us.

On this site, we're a bunch of writers who obviously love what we do. Some of us have been published traditionally, others just online. But *how* we're published doesn't matter. The fact is, our writing affects lives. Whether it's giving someone an escape or teaching a lesson, it still affects how people think and feel.

Clint's assertion that they're just books was flawed in so many ways, but the organic process of how he learned the value behind them was beautiful. He learned more than just words and grammar and style. Like he realized, he learned about people.

And the image of a Jane Austen book in Nick Fury's office is just...ROFL!
talimenios791 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This was so beautiful. It really touched me.
Greeniron chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
This almost made me cry-which I don't do much-so very well done
MistressSunshine chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
(As a reader)

You rock!
(As a librarian)
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
J loves JS chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This brought a smile and tears to my eyes. Really well written.
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »