Reviews for The Exchange
oakleaf chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This is a powerful story and it resonates with me. I understand what the characters feel.

You've weaved an amazing set of interactions and characterisations. I love that the scenes are sharp and the reflection upon the first book at certain intervals.

Awesome work, well done.
theinspired chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Wow. I love this. I cried when Clint finally read the inscription in his book. This was great.
Allure Storm chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Perfect.
PIRATEofHOGWARTS chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
this is beautiful! Thank you so much for writing!
lightdragon1987 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was beautiful. I mean that very sincerely as you've captured how I've felt about books and stories... Though I tend to keep books. Anyway this was lovely writing. You did a great job keeping the characters in character which really adds to the story.
Mika-chan chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Oh my gosh this was so fantastically written! I loved your use of books to get this insight on Clint. It was done so well. And to find out he never saw Phil's inscription in the book he gave him was so heartbreaking. I really loved this story. Wonderful job!
animexluva13 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This is an amazing, beautiful story. I want to read it again right now! I love how you write Clint, and Bruce and Phil too. I love it.
WriterJC chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Really beautiful storytelling. I loved this story so much. I know I'll be back to read it again.
N'kala chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was just so lovely and poignant. I love how you really get into Clint's head and feel what he feels about books, and how he grows to love reading. And him giving his one and only book to Bruce as payment for taking Bruce's book was just perfectly heart-wrenching. Wonderful job!
5igner chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I have been a fan of yours since Apocalypse, but this story was exceptional. It was well-written, beautiful and touched both heart and mind. I adored it.
Dr. Nat chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Rarely have I read a story so well crafted. This was amazing and powerful. You capture the emotion of the characters wonderfully. More than that you make your readers feel those emotions, not just read about them. I loved this. It was fantastic.
astridv chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was incredibly touching, and original. Beautiful story.
Anon chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Not often does a story leave me with my heart twisting like that. I tip my hat to you.
HappyRen chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Oh man! I've never cried so much over a story about BOOKS! But this, this was just so beautiful and painful and sad. The quiet pain of Clint that just hovers over the entire story. The faint hint of neglect, self-punishment and lack of love that taints the air of the story is just amazing.

I love the exchange with Bruce because he's allowed to understand Clint in a way no one else other than Coulson has tried.

This is so, so good! I absolutely cannot wait to read more of your stories! Thank you.
Ranawe217 chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was very moving. I felt really connected to this story because The count of Monte-Christo is my favorite book and one of the first novels I read and I remember being entranced by it, still am. That and being surrounded by books makes me happy.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »