Reviews for The Exchange
J loves JS chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This brought a smile and tears to my eyes. Really well written.
LanternLight13 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Amazingly done. Thank you for sharing.
18secondsbeforesunrise chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I very rarely log in here. In fact, I had to think really hard what my password was. But I really just had to tell you - this story is absolutely wonderful.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
In my favorite episode of Disney's GARGOYLES, "A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time," the illiterate gargoyle Hudson discovers the magic and joy of books from the blind author Jeffrey Robbins. This story reminded me of that episode. This was a very well-written story; I especially liked the inscription on the book from Coulson that Phil didn't even know was there. "Clint finally gets why people read in the first place." That's a very powerful line.

"The written word is all that stands between memory and oblivion. Without books, we are cast adrift, neither teaching nor learning. They are mirrors on the past, windows on the present, and prisms reflecting all possible futures. Books are lighthouses in the dark sea of time." said by Jeffrey Robbins (voiced by Paul Winfield), written by scriptwriters Lydia Marano&Brynne Chandler Reaves, "A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time"
Sepsis chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
That was perfect.
n0thin-but-the-rain chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This is brilliant.
bethbethbeth chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Oh, this was incredibly lovely. And no...they aren't just books, are they? (note: I'll be adding this to my recs page (beth_h at dreamwidth dot org) when I next update)
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Brilliant, i almost cried. Love the bit when he finally read the inscription.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Liked this.
mae.raine chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Holy. Cheese. Balls. You cannot comprehend the lurch of emotions and shocking tears this brought to me.
MountainRose chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
It's so strange how people can walk a hundred miles before they notice the things that travel with them.

Well done; poignant and provoking. By which i mean, I cried. :P
Here To Annoy chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Beautiful. WOnderful. In character. All the feels. I loved it 3
chrisfaithalin chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
There are no words for how amazing this is, but I shall try. As a reader I connected with this so much and I loved all of your book choices and genres. Especially The Count of Monte Cristo pick, it's one of my favorite books and I think it's a good one for Clint. I about died thinking of Fury finding Sense and Sensibility. I loved the line that Clint thought the only thing he was good at was shooting things. This was such a good character study of him and I think that fits really well. I loved the interactions with Bruce. And the twist at the end that the book had been a gift was perfect.
TEC chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Very thought-provoking story. It was fascinating following Clint's learning how much books can mean to people.
Amalthia chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Your story made me cry in a good way. :)
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »