Reviews for Fade
Peregrin Took the Falcon chapter 1 . 5/10
Maedhros never did seem like the type to fade off quietly...maybe not even Maglor, but who knows what goes through the mind of a Feanorion? Thanks for another great poem!
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
I'm not too familiar with the fandom of Silmarillion, as I haven't read the books but I feel as though that was the reason why I did not understand the deeper meaning between some of the lines; however, it was a very touching way to write the poem, and the references to the book that were subtle were nice additions as well. The imagery was done very well, and there were some lovely descriptions scattered throughout this poem; it was a nice take on what had happened, and it made it seem like a polished poem, which is a very nice read. Though there were shorter lines, and less of a rhyme scheme and more of a different sort of poem, it suited the topic, and it fit the tone of the poem much better as well. The only constructive criticism that I would probably have for this poem is perhaps making it a little longer, but the length of the lines seems to be fine; perhaps combine a few of the lines, but other than that, [jewels cannot fade] and [i slowly fade] were some wonderful lines throughout this piece. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful piece of poetry, (:

xx clara
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Cool (or I guess it's more hot-yeah, I know, that was cheesy!) I like how he's wondering if it was worth it all.
Mornen chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
That was a very sad poem. I think that having Maglor speak to Maedhros was a very touching way to write a poem. I especially liked the reference to how Maedhros did not fade (even if he died) while Maglor did fade, or rather, is fading as the poem goes along.

The style was rather different than your other poems - the lines were shorter and there was less rhyme and more repetition. That was quite interesting, although I think that your poem about Morgoth may have been similar?
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is beautiful...
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
That was lovely- very succinct and beautiful in its imagery, and your ending each stanza with that word "fade" was very effective! I loved this eloquent take on the Oath's last result. Well done! :)

-Crackers