Reviews for Proportionate Retribution
Kuno chapter 1 . 1/7
I love this!
They both deserve each other.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Ugh... This... this isn't 'progress' for their relationship. This is Akane getting the power to become the archetypical abusive spouse to Ranma's position as the badly beaten housewife. What happens after this? Every time Ranma shows up somewhere with a black eye he duck his head and says he deserved it? He fell down the stairs? Ran into the fucking door? This is disgusting and I can't understand how people could call it good.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Have to say that I did not care for it. Akane has always struck me as having a hair trigger with a jealous streak that makes Ryoga's insane vengeance thing look mild. Frankly she's someone that I would run, not walk to get the hell away from. Her violent beat down of Ranma just confirms my opinion of her.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Meltdown. Ranma still wouldn't say he was wrong, though.

Akane was being entirely unfair, what with her own massive failures in regards to any kind of communication not involving violence, but hey; she's the one with the invincible battle suit, I doubt anyone's going to be pointing that out anytime soon.

Any relationship coming out of this would be incredibly strained, though. Ranma has proved, time and time again, that he cannot handle not being the strongest among his peers. Ironically, if Akane gave up the Dougi for him (which she is never going to do), and he actually thought about the implications beyond 'I'M THE STRONGEST AGAIN!' he'd probably regard it as something near the ultimate romantic move- willingly giving up power that lets her beat him easily, for him.

Of course, that requires he actually think, for once.
The Reality DumPer chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Huh. I dunnow...that was harsh tho.
KuroKanashimi chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
WtF was this? she beats the shit out of him turns him into a girl because shes mad! WtF he should have Let that Crazy bitch walk away
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Yeah it would probably take something like that... if not more. You probably actually let him off easy the more I think about it.
The destroyer of fate chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
id go with the second option lol nice fic short but sweet
Taechunsa chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It is one interpretation of their relationship as viewed from what I consider to be one of the worst stories in the series concerning their relationship. Oh well, it will be better until in a few issues Akane dies at Saffron's hands because she broke him here. Eh! You can't have it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is very well written, I actually feel ill at ease and somewhat nauseous reading the last third of it.

Thing is, I can very much see this happening FAR within the confines of Canon. I admit that I am slightly biased against Akane, but I try to keep my view of her character IN character and judging by her Canon tendency towards punishing Ranma for real or imagined slights with extreme prejudice... Yeah, the only real reason Ranma isn't crippled, broken or dead is only because Takahashi's say-so. Well, that and the little thing about Ranma being the Protagonist in a shounen manga.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I like it.
Genericrandom chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is so unhealthy that it goes way past unfunny right back around into funny. Heh.
avengersgal27 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I wish there was more! ) I really like this, and I can actually imagine Akane doing this!
Climber chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Alright, so I'm gonna come out and say I supported Ayane as she was calling Ranma out on his behaviour.

He's never been a saint and he has worked to take away power ups such as the Battle Dogi before.

But then she goes and gets all domestic violence on him until she 'breaks' him.

Thats not just domestic violence, thats torture.

AlspI can't help but understands Ranma's point of view.

He's spent his entire life training, and doing nothing but training to improve his skill, he sacrificed(though not exactly through his own doing) a normal life to accomplish this.

Then Akane finds these things that through little to no work of her own boost her skill beyond his letting her best him with little effort.

I'd be miffed as well, especially if they acted as if it was 'their' own power. She's not willing to train to get better or stronger than him, she's content to accept the cheap power boost and lord it over him and then smash him when he tries to remove the unfair advantage and level the playing field.

Honestly it would of been better if he allowed her to keep it but required her to use her own skill in sparring and training matches. Then at least she would be improving her own skill and would have a trump in case of danger.

But eh, their both messed up.

Thats my serious take on the story, the feelings the actual content left me with.

But in all honesty I feel like this story was just written to provoke readers and rile them up.

In which case I bow to you sir for a job well done.