Reviews for Proportionate Retribution
Dummy Perception chapter 1 . 2/9
Huh. I dunnow...that was harsh tho.
KuroKanashimi chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
WtF was this? she beats the shit out of him turns him into a girl because shes mad! WtF he should have Let that Crazy bitch walk away
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Yeah it would probably take something like that... if not more. You probably actually let him off easy the more I think about it.
The destroyer of fate chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
id go with the second option lol nice fic short but sweet
Taechunsa chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It is one interpretation of their relationship as viewed from what I consider to be one of the worst stories in the series concerning their relationship. Oh well, it will be better until in a few issues Akane dies at Saffron's hands because she broke him here. Eh! You can't have it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is very well written, I actually feel ill at ease and somewhat nauseous reading the last third of it.

Thing is, I can very much see this happening FAR within the confines of Canon. I admit that I am slightly biased against Akane, but I try to keep my view of her character IN character and judging by her Canon tendency towards punishing Ranma for real or imagined slights with extreme prejudice... Yeah, the only real reason Ranma isn't crippled, broken or dead is only because Takahashi's say-so. Well, that and the little thing about Ranma being the Protagonist in a shounen manga.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I like it.
Genericrandom chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is so unhealthy that it goes way past unfunny right back around into funny. Heh.
avengersgal27 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I wish there was more! ) I really like this, and I can actually imagine Akane doing this!
Climber chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Alright, so I'm gonna come out and say I supported Ayane as she was calling Ranma out on his behaviour.

He's never been a saint and he has worked to take away power ups such as the Battle Dogi before.

But then she goes and gets all domestic violence on him until she 'breaks' him.

Thats not just domestic violence, thats torture.

AlspI can't help but understands Ranma's point of view.

He's spent his entire life training, and doing nothing but training to improve his skill, he sacrificed(though not exactly through his own doing) a normal life to accomplish this.

Then Akane finds these things that through little to no work of her own boost her skill beyond his letting her best him with little effort.

I'd be miffed as well, especially if they acted as if it was 'their' own power. She's not willing to train to get better or stronger than him, she's content to accept the cheap power boost and lord it over him and then smash him when he tries to remove the unfair advantage and level the playing field.

Honestly it would of been better if he allowed her to keep it but required her to use her own skill in sparring and training matches. Then at least she would be improving her own skill and would have a trump in case of danger.

But eh, their both messed up.

Thats my serious take on the story, the feelings the actual content left me with.

But in all honesty I feel like this story was just written to provoke readers and rile them up.

In which case I bow to you sir for a job well done.
MikeD chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This is a rather disgusting piece of work. Your answer to making a relationship work is battered wife syndrome? If it had been Ranma smacking her around for all the times she had insulted and demeaned him would you consider it justified as well?

I think what disgusts me more than the piece itself is that there are so many reviews that seem to treat it as her right to brutalize someone into "loving" her. It displays a shocking lack of empathy on the part of more people than I feel comfortable with.

wiki/Battered_person_syndrome
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Well, that's proof for me that Akane is a monstrous bitch who needs to be put down like a rabid dog. Thanks!
Eisenstein chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Heh, this *is* a bashfic - a literal one.

Bash, stomp, flatten, fold, spindle, mutilate... you get the idea.

Actually, I would think *this* treatment would rather be the final straw in any relationship with Akane, but oh well, others have suspected Ranma to be a closet masochist before...
JeremyGU chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Ranma had that coming for a looooooong time.

The interesting thing about this is, it starts right as Ranma is admitting he thinks she's cute. If it weren't for that, I'd say that Ranma would be scheming to get the dogi again as soon as he recovered. But... since he actually started to show some feelings, it seems like the beating would serve to convince him of just how bad he'd hurt her in the past.

But yeah, I don't think this is a bashfic at all. Considering Akane's temper (just look at the table Ranma took the head right after (s)he arrived), and how betrayed she must have felt when she thought he was faking his feelings in the closet, I could totally see this being the result. Nice one.
hero in a cup chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Finally an angry Akane with a properly justified reason to be angry.