Reviews for Proportionate Retribution
kana chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
And by too cute, I mean too Ranma and Akane.
Akane's too violent and Ranma's too emotional. But I can see them being that way.

I would have loved this fic more if you made it even just a little longer.
kana chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
That was too cute, but tooooo short! :(
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
As a story this is... OK.

You yourself call it a "bashfic" and it's labeled as a parody.

The interesting parts, I think, is the reaction a lot of readers have had.

This story lays down Ranma's character flaws bare. Akane pretty much calls him out on every moment of jackassery. The thing is everything here is pretty strongly rooted in canon, and it's hard to exactly disagree with Akane's words.

And then a very large chunk of reviewers scream about how awful it is, how Akane is clearly the villian and blah blah blah.

However, there are countless more fics with the reverse set up. Ranma set as an avenging angel "calling out" Akane. However, unlike this story, Akane's "sins" are rarely rooted in actual canon, rather they only exist in the form of exaggerated fanon tropes.

And there is no shortage of people eager to fall over these fics praising them.

So... congrats on satirizing bashfics by showing the hypocrisy of the average fanfic reader I guess?
Kuno chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
I love this!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2015
They both deserve each other.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Ugh... This... this isn't 'progress' for their relationship. This is Akane getting the power to become the archetypical abusive spouse to Ranma's position as the badly beaten housewife. What happens after this? Every time Ranma shows up somewhere with a black eye he duck his head and says he deserved it? He fell down the stairs? Ran into the fucking door? This is disgusting and I can't understand how people could call it good.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Have to say that I did not care for it. Akane has always struck me as having a hair trigger with a jealous streak that makes Ryoga's insane vengeance thing look mild. Frankly she's someone that I would run, not walk to get the hell away from. Her violent beat down of Ranma just confirms my opinion of her.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Meltdown. Ranma still wouldn't say he was wrong, though.

Akane was being entirely unfair, what with her own massive failures in regards to any kind of communication not involving violence, but hey; she's the one with the invincible battle suit, I doubt anyone's going to be pointing that out anytime soon.

Any relationship coming out of this would be incredibly strained, though. Ranma has proved, time and time again, that he cannot handle not being the strongest among his peers. Ironically, if Akane gave up the Dougi for him (which she is never going to do), and he actually thought about the implications beyond 'I'M THE STRONGEST AGAIN!' he'd probably regard it as something near the ultimate romantic move- willingly giving up power that lets her beat him easily, for him.

Of course, that requires he actually think, for once.
The Reality DumPer chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Huh. I dunnow...that was harsh tho.
KuroKanashimi chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
WtF was this? she beats the shit out of him turns him into a girl because shes mad! WtF he should have Let that Crazy bitch walk away
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Yeah it would probably take something like that... if not more. You probably actually let him off easy the more I think about it.
The destroyer of fate chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
id go with the second option lol nice fic short but sweet
Taechunsa chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It is one interpretation of their relationship as viewed from what I consider to be one of the worst stories in the series concerning their relationship. Oh well, it will be better until in a few issues Akane dies at Saffron's hands because she broke him here. Eh! You can't have it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is very well written, I actually feel ill at ease and somewhat nauseous reading the last third of it.

Thing is, I can very much see this happening FAR within the confines of Canon. I admit that I am slightly biased against Akane, but I try to keep my view of her character IN character and judging by her Canon tendency towards punishing Ranma for real or imagined slights with extreme prejudice... Yeah, the only real reason Ranma isn't crippled, broken or dead is only because Takahashi's say-so. Well, that and the little thing about Ranma being the Protagonist in a shounen manga.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 7/6/2012