Reviews for Raindrops Upon A Stone
songstar13 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I...I...there are no words.
Let me kneel at your feet in homage, O Great Writer. This has to be one of the most heart-breaking things I've read in quite a while. That you can wring so much emotion out of such a short piece is truly evidence of your skill as a wordsmith, and I can only gape in awe.

I love the very idea that this defines. I love that you've addressed the exact meaning of having your bankai stolen. I never even thought of it like this until I read your story, though maybe I would have given enough time and the right stimuli.

This just became head!canon for me.

I love how you end the story on a quasi-hopeful note: Byakuya refuses to believe that they can't beat the Qunicy's, but there is no promise that Senbonzakura will ever return to him. So heart-breaking!

But I must be a masochist, because I ENJOYED having my heart-broken by this one shot.

Bravo!

Song
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This was beautiful and amazing.
LazyNezumi chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I think THIS just broke my heart. For real...

Byakuya wasn't always so calm and collected... Thank you for pointing it out... And then. There is this part...

She's not here...

I think you described very well what exactly he felt at the moment. Loss... Unbearable loss, with only shell of what was, left.

Thank you for writing it.

previously Akai-Miko
River Jaeger chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
When I read the chapter I was like "Holy crap!" because you know when Byakuya freakin Kuchiki freaks out the you're screwed.

I like this fic and your characterization of Senbonzakura and Byakuya's inner panic. It wasn't overdone and even Renji's presence on the scene was well written.

I really hope that the Quincy can't USE the zanpakutou spirits they steal. Wonder whats going to happen since I don't think they can even use shikai...I am looking forward to seeing the fights though. (wonder where Rukia has been...she better not get impaled again she deserves a win and a power-up...)
Psycho-Neurotically Disturbed chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
The thing I love about today's chapter of Bleach, is the raw grief you can see on Byakuya and Hitsugaya's faces. All things considered, they just had their other halves ripped away from them.

Hitsugaya's crying out to Hyourinmaru made my heart jerk a little.

Byakuya, though, when he tells Renji "STOP!" You can just see how shaken he truly is by this. Just, I can imagine, a slight step forward and a sudden jarring stop as he demands this of Renji. I have never NEVER seen so much emotion and such power coming from this man. The calm is absolutely blown off of him in order to save Renji. He almost looks as if he is in physical pain...he may be. As horrifying as Kubo's writing has been lately, the drawing has been some of the most beautiful I've seen. It's in the eyes. The hold of the mouth. Their shoulders. Hands. Everything. Pure, beautiful emotion. I've never seen a manga that's been so full of raw emotion as Bleach has been lately. There's nothing but passion in it. Just amazing.

Oh, I went off on another tangent.

I love Senbonzakura practically smacking him around and only then does he realize that maybe she's more concerned about his life than her own. Gorgeous ideology there. Byakuya's calm, focused mind in battle has simply disappeared right now. I don't think we're going to see it again. Not for a while at least.

I love this random one-shot! It's a great thing to read right after the new manga.