Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
MD4evaOLTL chapter 71 . 9/25/2012
I truly love this story, absolutely great job!
Wolfie chapter 71 . 9/25/2012
Thank goodness I was away from the Internet for awhile and had to read these last few all at once. I think it would have killed me if I had to wait between some of these. A few times I was rendered unintelligible. You're pretty much a master now. There are no words for the way you can make your audience (or me, at any rate) feel exactly what you want them to.
Litalove chapter 71 . 9/25/2012
Oh I loved it! My goodness already it's over and the epilogue it on its way. I can't wait for it :)
ladymirth chapter 71 . 9/25/2012
I agree with everything you said in the author's note...except...

Epilogue?! Already? You're just going to leave us hanging here? Without telling us how Spike and Buffy are going to find each other again?

Forget the First - you're the real evil!

*insert whining about how I'm not ready for this story to end*
CailinRua chapter 10 . 9/24/2012
I have been absolutely LOVING evil Spike. (I can't stand when a S4/5/6 Spike turns out to be taking care of old ladies or something because he's inanely good!) This is very well written, and the evil bits seem just as true to character as the sweet parts. The Much Ado About Nothing reference is awesome. I'm just dying for that to come out, and seeing it referenced here made me smile. (If it's just a coincidence and not a reference to Joss's project, then yay anyway.)
SeaPea chapter 70 . 9/24/2012
That was so well done. Perfect.
Alottalove chapter 70 . 9/24/2012
update...NEED update.
haleycc chapter 70 . 9/24/2012
Aww, I was so hoping he wouldn't die in this story! I hope you have some sneaky tricks to bring him back in the coming chapters. This is a GREAT story-I have looked forward to every single chapter. It was so much fun to see evil Spike in the beginning, and to see how far he has come at this point, all without the "help" of the chip. It's also fun to see how that one change impacts the rest of the series' story lines. I like what you've done with it all. I can't wait to see how it ends...but on the other hand, I'll be sad when it is over. :) Great job!
Litalove chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
Oh my goodness, what a chapter. Oh Spike, he was always her champion(: Loved it.
ladymirth chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
...

*wibble*

...

Waaaaaaaah! *cries*

That was even more beautiful than what happened in Chosen. *pets Spike* Poor Buffy.
Guest chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
Wow! I was wondering if you were going to go there with your story. That's such a moving scene in the finale. And it holds so much more meaning with your story, seeing as how they're married. I'm enjoying this story so much and I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to continue it. Keep up the great work.
Litalove chapter 69 . 9/23/2012
Loved the new chapter! Oh the big fight is coming up! :)
ladymirth chapter 69 . 9/23/2012
Aww, Season 7 Xander is my favourite flavour of Xander. He's so grown-up and mature and kind and accepting - truly the best of them all. *cuddles him* If only Nick Brendan could have laid off the doughnuts the last half of the season...:P

And Angel-cakes. Truthfully, I have always felt that Angel being hung-up on Buffy after all the shit that's happened in the intervening years is just completely unconvincing. I mean, he had been in love with Cordelia for the better part of two years at the time, and she had just been revealed to have been possessed before falling into a coma and nearly killed. And he just takes off and plays tonsil-hockey with Buffy like none of it happened? Eugh!

Heh. I love it when you tabasco it up. And you do it so very well too! :D (Incidentally, is it merely fanon lore that Spike is the most accomplished pussy-eater in all of vamp-dom or is it established fact?) The dialogue is a wee bit mushy for me though. I love Buffy because it's the anti-soulmate, anti-fairytale, anti-Bangel paradigm - two people who have no earthly reason to fall in love but fight tooth and nail against the fates, their destinies, their very natures and even who they are to each other to be together. If Bangel is all big with the Powers Chosen Warriors and Prophecies and Destiny, Spuffy is symbolic of free will in the universe.
SeaPea chapter 68 . 9/22/2012
Like the changes made to canon here in this chapter. Made perfect sense.
ladymirth chapter 68 . 9/22/2012
I was almost cringing when I started reading this chapter, not sure how off the reservation Spike was going to go when he discovered what the Scoobs had done. This was far less painful than I expected. Poor Faith. She's trying so hard to leave the past behind her and prove her gratitude and loyalty to Buffy, but the universe is just not cutting her a break. Spike is the one person she has the most in common with in that house and circumstances are just not letting either of them see it.

Buffy got to keep Dawn safe and away from the fighting, bask in her mother's faith and encouragement, go shopping and make love to the man who loved and trusted in her the most...all before the Grandaddy of Apocalypses! It's like everything Buffy of the canon yearned for and could never have - a day of perfect normalcy in the bosom of her dearest, enjoying the ordinary comforts of this world she keeps saving - this Buffy gets to have through the blessing of a demon's love. It made me tear up.

Cannot WAIT till Angel turns up! We have yet to see Angel's in-person reaction to Spuffy. Does he even know they're married?

(Until you get around to that part, I'm going to imagine that in your universe, the whole possessed Cordy seducing Connor and falling into a coma thing never, ever happened and that Cordy and Angel are happily raising Connor somewhere.)
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »