Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
rororogers chapter 60 . 9/12/2012
poor spike
ladymirth chapter 60 . 9/11/2012
Ooh, things are getting interesting again! I LIKE. THIS -the ambiguity of moral choices - is what they should have tackled in Season 7, not that stupid "trigger" thing.
Litalove chapter 60 . 9/11/2012
Oh Spike. Oh I can't wait for the next part
Litalove chapter 58 . 9/6/2012
Loved the new chapter! Go Spike for making that wish to fully heal Buffy back to normal and hopefully he can make her fantasy come true. :)
Guest chapter 58 . 9/6/2012
Sigh. Well, I'm sad that we might not get updates for a while, but that was a great chapter to tide us over. I'm glad that Spike took the initiative to make that wish, but I'm still nervous about the possible future fallout. And man, I really hope Spike gives in and fulfills Buffy's fantasy. I'd completely forgotten that he hasn't bitten her since the beginning. Looking forward to more.
SeaPea chapter 57 . 9/6/2012
Poor Buffy. I think she just needs to heal some more. But yay for Xander going through with the wedding!
toooldforthis chapter 57 . 9/6/2012
Great chapter. Poor Buffy. It's understandable that her body would take some time to heal...but still. That sucks. I'm glad S/B reconciled. And I'm glad you "rewrote" that wedding scene. That ALWAYS pissed me off that Xander was so stupid, though it DID make for some great television. Anyway, keep up the wonderful work. I don't know how you spit these well written chapters out so quickly. I'm just glad that you do.
RedHead023 chapter 56 . 9/5/2012
That was delicious. Warrens dead and Willow didnt go crazy. I'm quite irritated with Spike staying away so long without communication. I understand he needed to figure some stuff out but every relationship needs work sometimes.
toooldforthis chapter 56 . 9/5/2012
Wow! That was intense! I can't believe Spike stayed away for almost 10 days! What a wanker. And for him to come back when Buffy gets shot...well, you've included quite a bit of tension and suspense, let me tell you.
Wonderful chapter. I can't wait for more.
Seapea chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
Not good, not good!
Litalove chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
Oh my goodness! Where did Spike go? Oh Buffy screwed up majorly on this one!. Poor Spike, oh I can't wait for the next :)
Alottalove chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
Stupid Riley always was a wanker and Buffy for the slight doubt.
toooldforthis chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
Oh No! I can't believe Spike left her. Alright, I understand his anger that she didn't trust him. But his leaving is making with the whole two wrongs and all. Anyway, love your writing. You've created such a wonderful story. I can't wait to read more.
rororogers chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
Ok that is just really really mean! We all know Spike would never leave Buffy, he has to be there somewhere, but no idea how he is hiding from the locator spell unless the gem blocks him from it
ladymirth chapter 55 . 9/4/2012
I knew this would happen!

The flip side of Spike getting his soul is that he's no longer ruled by his desire,w hich includes his all-consuming need to be with Buffy at any cost. The soul gives him an autonomy, a self-control and an objectivity that lets him take a step back and let self-preservation take over (or as much as self-preservation can affect someone as passionate as Spike). It allows him to realize when to let Buffy go, when to stay away from her and how to have enough self-dignity to stop waiting around for something she isn't ready to give him (as exemplified by Ats S5 and the ending of the Spuffy arc in BTVS S9). Ironically, it's the soul that enables him to walk away from Buffy.

Which is a GOOD thing, I've always thought, because needing another person at the expense of your self-identity, self-dignity and self-preservation is to live like half a person.

It's like you own the upgraded, more talented version of my brain!
332 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »