Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
Litalove chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
Oh my goodness, what a chapter. Oh Spike, he was always her champion(: Loved it.
ladymirth chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
...

*wibble*

...

Waaaaaaaah! *cries*

That was even more beautiful than what happened in Chosen. *pets Spike* Poor Buffy.
Guest chapter 70 . 9/23/2012
Wow! I was wondering if you were going to go there with your story. That's such a moving scene in the finale. And it holds so much more meaning with your story, seeing as how they're married. I'm enjoying this story so much and I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to continue it. Keep up the great work.
Litalove chapter 69 . 9/23/2012
Loved the new chapter! Oh the big fight is coming up! :)
ladymirth chapter 69 . 9/23/2012
Aww, Season 7 Xander is my favourite flavour of Xander. He's so grown-up and mature and kind and accepting - truly the best of them all. *cuddles him* If only Nick Brendan could have laid off the doughnuts the last half of the season...:P

And Angel-cakes. Truthfully, I have always felt that Angel being hung-up on Buffy after all the shit that's happened in the intervening years is just completely unconvincing. I mean, he had been in love with Cordelia for the better part of two years at the time, and she had just been revealed to have been possessed before falling into a coma and nearly killed. And he just takes off and plays tonsil-hockey with Buffy like none of it happened? Eugh!

Heh. I love it when you tabasco it up. And you do it so very well too! :D (Incidentally, is it merely fanon lore that Spike is the most accomplished pussy-eater in all of vamp-dom or is it established fact?) The dialogue is a wee bit mushy for me though. I love Buffy because it's the anti-soulmate, anti-fairytale, anti-Bangel paradigm - two people who have no earthly reason to fall in love but fight tooth and nail against the fates, their destinies, their very natures and even who they are to each other to be together. If Bangel is all big with the Powers Chosen Warriors and Prophecies and Destiny, Spuffy is symbolic of free will in the universe.
SeaPea chapter 68 . 9/22/2012
Like the changes made to canon here in this chapter. Made perfect sense.
ladymirth chapter 68 . 9/22/2012
I was almost cringing when I started reading this chapter, not sure how off the reservation Spike was going to go when he discovered what the Scoobs had done. This was far less painful than I expected. Poor Faith. She's trying so hard to leave the past behind her and prove her gratitude and loyalty to Buffy, but the universe is just not cutting her a break. Spike is the one person she has the most in common with in that house and circumstances are just not letting either of them see it.

Buffy got to keep Dawn safe and away from the fighting, bask in her mother's faith and encouragement, go shopping and make love to the man who loved and trusted in her the most...all before the Grandaddy of Apocalypses! It's like everything Buffy of the canon yearned for and could never have - a day of perfect normalcy in the bosom of her dearest, enjoying the ordinary comforts of this world she keeps saving - this Buffy gets to have through the blessing of a demon's love. It made me tear up.

Cannot WAIT till Angel turns up! We have yet to see Angel's in-person reaction to Spuffy. Does he even know they're married?

(Until you get around to that part, I'm going to imagine that in your universe, the whole possessed Cordy seducing Connor and falling into a coma thing never, ever happened and that Cordy and Angel are happily raising Connor somewhere.)
Litalove chapter 68 . 9/22/2012
Loved the new chapter! :)
Litalove chapter 67 . 9/21/2012
Oh my goodness, it was Tara? Well that was unexpected. Oh I can't wait for the next chapter for when Spike finds out. :)
MD4evaOLTL chapter 67 . 9/21/2012
Et tu, Tara? Well, its about time Buffy found out who her true friends are and who are only her fair-weather friends. Love this update, and I hope Spike shows them why he's the original Big Bad in the next chapter:D P.S. A litte Spuffy love wouldn't hurt either;)
lady nymphadora potter 79 chapter 67 . 9/21/2012
the confruntation between spike & faith should be more like a real battle because of their history in this fic
ladymirth chapter 67 . 9/20/2012
I was so sure this wouldn't happen this way! Why? I mean, I know Buffy still sounds like a self-righteous, overbearing bitch (even if I seem to be in the minority of fans who always understood why she would be that way) but things with the gang were so much better than the first time around! And I really can't buy Tara being the one to kick Buffy out of her own house. Why Tara? Oh well, I'm trusting you to fix it eventually.

One thing is certain...Spike is going to flip out worse than he ever did on the show when he gets back. He'll never forgive this.

One thing I really don't like: "You do realize that this is as close as we'll ever come to expressing affection for each other?"

"S'what we Brits do best, innit?"

It's one of those things that sound horribly anvilicious if you say it out loud, hon. It's obvious meta-text, and loses its value when pointed out this way.
RedHead023 chapter 67 . 9/20/2012
Maybe if I had thought about it for a minute I would've remembered Xander's eye ..

Loved the chapter. When it comes down to it Buffy is always on her own. Until Spike turns up and finds out what just happened. He's going to be so upset with the Scoobies. Ohh and please tell us what your original ending idea was once we get to the end you decided on. (I know that grammar was bad but it's late and I'm tired and can't function properly.)
MD4evaOLTL chapter 66 . 9/19/2012
I'm happy that you gave your readers the inner struggle of Spike with his desire to do good, but always having to fight down his inner demon. It shows that even though he has changed, he still fights the good fight to be the "man" Buffy deserves:) Great update!
RedHead023 chapter 66 . 9/19/2012
I've got two things to say. One: that was an awful, horrible, mean place to end the chapter. Worst cliff hanger you have ever given us! And two: I'm super happy Buffy stood up to Robin about Spike. It was my absolute favorite scene in season 7, except in the show Spike didn't get to stick around and hear her support him and now he knows he has her support and love. I'm sad we're getting close to the end :-( I guess that was three things.
357 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »